The Rancor Pit Forum Index
Welcome to The Rancor Pit forums!

The Rancor Pit Forum Index
FAQ   ::   Search   ::   Memberlist   ::   Usergroups   ::   Register   ::   Profile   ::   Log in to check your private messages   ::   Log in

What if Thrawn joined a rebel cell?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> General Star Wars -> What if Thrawn joined a rebel cell?
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Mamatried
Commodore
Commodore

PostPosted: Thu Feb 27, 2020 9:50 pm    Post subject: What if Thrawn joined a rebel cell? Reply with quote

Yes this is the question; What if Trawn Joined a Rebel Cell and later "naturally-maybe" join the rebel alliance.

Would this be a major impact, what would this change, would this really change very much with the rebel stratagy?
Scots Dragon
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

PostPosted: Thu Feb 27, 2020 10:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The end result wouldn't really be much different.

The Empire already lost regardless of what faction he was on.

It might lose a bit faster. Might not. Depends what influence Thrawn has on the larger Rebellion as a strategic and tactical leader.
Mamatried
Commodore
Commodore

PostPosted: Fri Feb 28, 2020 7:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Scots Dragon wrote:
The end result wouldn't really be much different.

The Empire already lost regardless of what faction he was on.

It might lose a bit faster. Might not. Depends what influence Thrawn has on the larger Rebellion as a strategic and tactical leader.

other than differenceds in details this is what I suspect too, in fact the empire lost the moment they built the DS (IMO) this was their coffin nail
TauntaunScout
Line Captain
Line Captain

PostPosted: Fri Feb 28, 2020 9:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Everything Thrawn does is pretty much by author fiat so, it's not exactly like asking what would have happened if Lee had accepted command of the Union army. Granted I only read one Thrawn book cause I got so tired of how much the author seemed to be fawning over his creation. So I'm not an expert, but here's my take.

The end result would have been the same but he would have consolidated all political power to himself, in the New Republic.
Whill
Dark Lord of the Jedi (Owner/Admin)

Location: Columbus, Ohio, USA, Earth, The Solar System, The Milky Way Galaxy

PostPosted: Fri Feb 28, 2020 8:20 pm    Post subject: Re: What if Thrawn joined a rebel cell? Reply with quote

Mamatried wrote:
Yes this is the question; What if Trawn Joined a Rebel Cell and later "naturally-maybe" join the rebel alliance.

Would this be a major impact, what would this change, would this really change very much with the rebel stratagy?

That depends on if he had access to Imperial artwork.

TauntaunScout wrote:
Everything Thrawn does is pretty much by author fiat so, it's not exactly like asking what would have happened if Lee had accepted command of the Union army. Granted I only read one Thrawn book cause I got so tired of how much the author seemed to be fawning over his creation.

You're not wrong. Thrawn and Mara Sue are fawned over in the books, and the author was adept at using the Jedi Mind Trick on fandom to do the same. I snapped out of the spell when the trinity (Luke/Han/Leia) were completely marginalized in the climax of the third book so Mara Sue could be the one to destroy the evil Jedi Master clone, usurping them to become the supreme champion the galaxy. Mara Sue, the red-haired green-eyed amalgamation of Luke, Han, Leia, and Anakin. I read a classic era book where she is a teenaged Imperial superhero who actually defeats Vader in a duel.
Registration/Log-In Help
The Rancor Pit Library
Star Wars D6 Damage
TauntaunScout
Line Captain
Line Captain

PostPosted: Sat Feb 29, 2020 5:26 pm    Post subject: Re: What if Thrawn joined a rebel cell? Reply with quote

Whill wrote:
Mamatried wrote:

That depends on if he had access to Imperial artwork.

TauntaunScout wrote:
Everything Thrawn does is pretty much by author fiat so, it's not exactly like asking what would have happened if Lee had accepted command of the Union army. Granted I only read one Thrawn book cause I got so tired of how much the author seemed to be fawning over his creation.

You're not wrong. Thrawn and Mara Sue are fawned over in the books, and the author was adept at using the Jedi Mind Trick on fandom to do the same. I snapped out of the spell when the trinity (Luke/Han/Leia) were completely marginalized in the climax of the third book so Mara Sue could be the one to destroy the evil Jedi Master clone, usurping them to become the supreme champion the galaxy. Mara Sue, the red-haired green-eyed amalgamation of Luke, Han, Leia, and Anakin. I read a classic era book where she is a teenaged Imperial superhero who actually defeats Vader in a duel.

This is all I could think of when I read it.
https://entertainment.theonion.com/the-onion-reviews-the-hobbit-the-desolation-of-smaug-1819595567

Well, this, and a guy at the local shop who just kept talking about how some Space Marine is so awesome cause it says he killed X badguys in some book. He didn't seem to realize that anyone can just write down "[Some other Space Marine killed X+1 badguys.]"
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> General Star Wars All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: