The Rancor Pit Forum Index
Welcome to The Rancor Pit forums!

The Rancor Pit Forum Index
FAQ   ::   Search   ::   Memberlist   ::   Usergroups   ::   Register   ::   Profile   ::   Log in to check your private messages   ::   Log in

Renown Points
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> House Rules -> Renown Points
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Kehlin Yew
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

PostPosted: Thu Jul 28, 2005 3:45 pm    Post subject: Renown Points Reply with quote

How about if a player makes up something cool, like a weapon design, ship design... new piece of armor... etc and no matter what it is, they get 5 Renown...
(I know, reminded me of fable too...)
Boomer
Captain
Captain

PostPosted: Thu Jul 28, 2005 4:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Renown... steal the renown system from another game. like the Star Trek RPG, or 2nd edition ADnD.
to finance my 'vette!
Endwyn
Commander
Commander

PostPosted: Thu Jul 28, 2005 5:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know this is a house rule, but what's the whole story? Are you talking about the D20 game, importing a renoun system into D6, what? If it is for D6, what's the scale of renoun....as 5 could be either monumental or nothing depending on the scale.

Personally I don't think it really matters much unless the person already has renoun and the item becomes recognizable to the person. For example, if I have a cool new cell phone (from Europe), it's cool. If Paris Hilton has that same phone, it's the new trend. I think it can make a small difference, enough for a high school sized crowd to the size of a small town, but not much more. Surely insignifigant on a galactic scale. Not sure if it helps you, as I don't understand the system your using.
Kehlin Yew
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

PostPosted: Thu Jul 28, 2005 7:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

it was said for other people to think about and maybe implement into their game... i had been thinking about it... not for D20 Rolling Eyes ....
Endwyn
Commander
Commander

PostPosted: Thu Jul 28, 2005 8:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's cool. I didn't know what you were wanting to do with it, or if there was any more of a rule there. Hope it works for you.
Ray
Commodore
Commodore

Location: Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada, North America, Western Hemisphere, Earth, Sol, Western Arm, Milky Way

PostPosted: Fri Jul 29, 2005 1:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Could steal the one from CyberPunk2020 with some mods.

Roll 2D whenever the person meets someone in the same area that they got renown in. If they roll under it, said person has heard about the character.

Ex: Mar Corel has a Good Reputation of 8 In Smuggling. He meets Han Solo in a bar on some backwater planet. The GM rolls for Han and gets a 7, he has heard of Mar, and knows that he's of a similar strain that he once was, and doesn't mind talking shop for old times sake.

Rep is gained for something that's worth bragging about, and is something that can get noticed. Also note that one group's good rep, is another group's bad rep. As Mar gets a bigger rep as a Smuggler, he also becomes more known to Customs agents as a "Bad Man"!

Also remember that it's a big galaxy, and it has a short memory. If you don't keep your rep up, it'll go away faster than a Big Rib Combo at Bantha Hutt infront of a hungry Wookiee!
netjedi
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Fri Jul 29, 2005 2:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Excellent idea Khelin.

I really like your idea for a modified CyberPunk2020 system Ray, sounds pretty easy to implement.

Wanted Poster
Kehlin Yew
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

PostPosted: Fri Jul 29, 2005 9:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

wow... yea... i forgot about the cyberpunk system.... ill use it... >_>
Ray
Commodore
Commodore

Location: Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada, North America, Western Hemisphere, Earth, Sol, Western Arm, Milky Way

PostPosted: Fri Jul 29, 2005 12:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thought you'd guys like that.

Mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm... Big Rib Combo at Bantha Hutt.
KageRyu
Commodore
Commodore

PostPosted: Fri Jul 29, 2005 2:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If I may be so bold, a slight modification (I have played many games with renound, reputation, and similar concepts):

Through the course of their adventuring, characters will do things that will make them more and more famous (or infamous as the case may be). As they continue to act in a given fashion, their name will be ascociated with their activities. When ever meeting someone new that may have heard of them, the new character rolls an appropriate skill relating to the area of expertise that the reputation was earned in (Streetwise, Bureacracy, Gambling, Tactics, etc...). The base difficulty to have heard of a character is 15 as modified by relationship to those involved with events (you killed my brother) and proximity to those events. When this roll is made, the Character with the reputation adds his reputation to the other characters roll, increasing the chance of being known.
Actions should earn Reputation points between 1-5, depending on action, with very rare or dramatic actions earning more than 5.

"You've never heard of the Millenium Falcon?"
"No, should I have?"

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> House Rules All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: