The Rancor Pit Forum Index
Welcome to The Rancor Pit forums!

The Rancor Pit Forum Index
FAQ   ::   Search   ::   Memberlist   ::   Usergroups   ::   Register   ::   Profile   ::   Log in to check your private messages   ::   Log in

Expanding "Heavy Lifting"
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Adventures and Campaigns -> Expanding "Heavy Lifting"
View previous topic :: View next topic  
KPeterson
Ensign
Ensign

PostPosted: Mon Dec 23, 2019 1:05 am    Post subject: Expanding "Heavy Lifting" Reply with quote

Next month, I'm going to be running a one-shot or short campaign of WEG Star Wars 1E. The length of the adventure will depend on how much the players get into the game and from fallout from the characters' actions.

I'm going to run the "Heavy Lifting" adventure from Instant Adventures, and I'm looking for ways to expand on it or flesh it out some. I want to add some more depth to it, and open up some additional threads of adventure.

There are a few changes I want to make right off the bat:
    The spaceship battle seems a little like overkill. 6 Z-95 Headhunters against a stock light freighter (with few mods), for four rounds, might end poorly for the characters. I'd like to scale that down to a more reasonable fight.

I'd like to shift Ganis the Hutt's base of operations down to planetside. I want him to have a small stronghold that Gennan Var and his stalkers originated from. He can have a few craft docked at the spaceport, but I don't want to involve a yacht spacecraft in the adventure. If the characters fail in their mission, I want them and Nawnam the Hutt taken back to the stronghold and imprisoned. (Which would then lead to an escape attempt).

I'd like to have a small Imperial presence stationed at the spaceport. This presence is going to grow because recent, focused surveys on the planet have revealed mineral riches. So, it's only a matter of time before the Imperial sends a larger force to extract minerals, and transports ships to get it off-planet. Plus, I want another nuisance for the characters to have to deal with.

I'd welcome any feedback. Thanks!
garhkal
Sovereign Protector
Sovereign Protector

PostPosted: Mon Dec 23, 2019 2:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

For the headhunters, how's about have them show up in waves of 2.. Say 3 rounds apart.
KPeterson
Ensign
Ensign

PostPosted: Mon Dec 23, 2019 10:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That would probably help. I think I might need to run a mock space battle a few times and see what the results are.
shootingwomprats
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Mon Dec 23, 2019 1:28 pm    Post subject: Re: Expanding "Heavy Lifting" Reply with quote

KPeterson wrote:
There are a few changes I want to make right off the bat:

Quote:
    The spaceship battle seems a little like overkill. 6 Z-95 Headhunters against a stock light freighter (with few mods), for four rounds, might end poorly for the characters. I'd like to scale that down to a more reasonable fight.

I do not have the stats for your player's ship. Z-95s are sturdy and dependable. They are also very old. I would suggest reducing the hull value to 3D instead of 4D. Furthermore I would remove the concussion missiles completely (they are expensive and hard to fine). Alternately you can only have a couple of shots perhaps. Because of the age of the craft, you could also reduce movement speed to 5, remove shields, etc. Finally, because the ships are always moving for a better position, have 2 ships at long range, 2 at short, and 2 at short. Also, you could only have 1-2 ships attack at a given time, explaining the others are jockeying for a better position.

Quote:
    I'd like to shift Ganis the Hutt's base of operations down to planetside. I want him to have a small stronghold that Gennan Var and his stalkers originated from. He can have a few craft docked at the spaceport, but I don't want to involve a yacht spacecraft in the adventure. If the characters fail in their mission, I want them and Nawnam the Hutt taken back to the stronghold and imprisoned. (Which would then lead to an escape attempt).

Easy enough, POOF ... Ganis' operations now are planetary where he has a luxurious (small, but nice) palace, with accompanying bodyguards, attendees, sycophants, small landing field, and detention area (stonewalled, dank, wet, dark, prisons, chains, etc). He still has the yacht, but its currently inoperable as it is being serviced by a group of techs and accompanying droids (a Hutt has to keep the appearance of oppalance after all).

Quote:
    I'd like to have a small Imperial presence stationed at the spaceport. This presence is going to grow because recent, focused surveys on the planet have revealed mineral riches. So, it's only a matter of time before the Imperial sends a larger force to extract minerals, and transports ships to get it off-planet. Plus, I want another nuisance for the characters to have to deal with.

Again POOF ... it happens. An Imperial official has arrived and tasked with the procurement of natural resources needed for the Imperial war effort (you know ole Palpi has to build that huge fleet and hide it in the Unknown Regions for 30+ years ...). The official arrives with a group of scientists, droids, equipment, and a few squads of ground troopers and/or maybe a one or two squads of Stormtroopers.
http://d6holocron.com/shootingwomprats
@swd6podcast, Twitter
KPeterson
Ensign
Ensign

PostPosted: Tue Dec 24, 2019 1:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's as simple as POOF. Very Happy

I'll brainstorm up some more additions. Those were just changes that struck me right off the bat.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Adventures and Campaigns All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: