The Rancor Pit Forum Index
Welcome to The Rancor Pit forums!

The Rancor Pit Forum Index
FAQ   ::   Search   ::   Memberlist   ::   Usergroups   ::   Register   ::   Profile   ::   Log in to check your private messages   ::   Log in

TRoS and other home video release dates
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> General Star Wars -> TRoS and other home video release dates
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Whill
Dark Lord of the Jedi (Owner/Admin)

Location: Columbus, Ohio, USA, Earth, The Solar System, The Milky Way Galaxy

PostPosted: Thu Feb 20, 2020 9:32 pm    Post subject: TRoS and other home video release dates Reply with quote

https://www.starwars.com/news/star-wars-the-rise-of-skywalker-home-entertainment-announce

Quote:
OWN THE THRILLING CONCLUSION TO THE EPIC NINE-PART STORY ON DIGITAL MARCH 17 AND BLU-RAY AND 4K ULTRA HD MARCH 31!
Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker arrives digitally in HD and 4K Ultra HD and via Movies Anywhere on March 17, two weeks before it lands physically in 4K Ultra HD, Blu-ray and DVD on March 31... Those with 4K Ultra HD capability may opt for a 4K UHD Ultimate Collector’s Edition, including 4K UHD, Blu-ray and a Digital copy.
And on March 31, coinciding with the physical release of Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker, eight Star Wars films are being released on 4K UHD for the first time: Star Wars: The Phantom Menace, Star Wars: Attack of the Clones, Star Wars: Revenge of the Sith, Star Wars: A New Hope, Star Wars: The Empire Strikes Back, Star Wars: Return of the Jedi, Star Wars: The Force Awakens and Rogue One: A Star Wars Story.

I'm definitely not even buying TRoS in physical form. It will be on Disney+ eventually. The 4K versions of most of the films are already there. The mega set below (that excludes Solo and RO) is a hard pass.

Registration/Log-In Help
The Rancor Pit Library
Star Wars D6 Damage
Scots Dragon
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

PostPosted: Thu Feb 20, 2020 10:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Sequel Trilogy is the only part of Star Wars that I never regularly revisit.

I'll even semi-regularly rewatch the Prequels.

I'll rewatch both of the anthology films. And in fact rewatched Solo yesterday.

I'll definitely rewatch the OT and do so pretty habitually.

I don't think I'll ever watch Last Jedi or Rise of Skywalker again. We were robbed of actual decent character arcs for the new characters, and the classic characters were just plain hijacked.

Force Awakens had some promising stuff, and my inner fangirl was giggling with glee at seeing X-Wings again and getting to see the Jedi girl kicking names and taking arse, but what we were promised isn't what we got. And that they had to try appealing to the Reylo crowd in the end by throwing in that damn kiss just made it all like a million times worse.

And it made them a million times worse since they couldn't stand the idea of their precious widdle space-torturer dying and now they're spamming the official Star Wars twitter account with a #SaveBenSolo hashtag.
Narmer
Ensign
Ensign

PostPosted: Thu Feb 20, 2020 10:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Scots Dragon wrote:
...And that they had to try appealing to the Reylo crowd in the end by throwing in that damn kiss just made it all like a million times worse.

And it made them a million times worse since they couldn't stand the idea of their precious widdle space-torturer dying and now they're spamming the official Star Wars twitter account with a #SaveBenSolo hashtag.

Yeah, that kiss...

I don't do twitter. They're really doing that? Even if he lived he's a war criminal. What, they're going to let him walk around all happy and smiling like he's not a bloody handed murderer over and over again?
Scots Dragon
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

PostPosted: Thu Feb 20, 2020 11:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Narmer wrote:
Scots Dragon wrote:
...And that they had to try appealing to the Reylo crowd in the end by throwing in that damn kiss just made it all like a million times worse.

Yeah, that kiss...

I don't do twitter. They're really doing that? Even if he lived he's a war criminal. What, they're going to let him walk around all happy and smiling like he's not a bloody handed murderer over and over again?

Yeah. I've seen it directlly. They also drove the Star Wars social media manager off twitter by spamming her with requests for additional Kylo Ren / Ben Solo content and being ultra-weird about it.

You can see their spammed responses on Star Wars most prominently in the replies to the Clone Wars season 7 poster.
Narmer
Ensign
Ensign

PostPosted: Thu Feb 20, 2020 11:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Scots Dragon wrote:

Yeah. I've seen it directlly. They also drove the Star Wars social media manager off twitter by spamming her with requests for additional Kylo Ren / Ben Solo content and being ultra-weird about it.

You can see their spammed responses on Star Wars most prominently in the replies to the Clone Wars season 7 poster.

Wow. Yeah...nope.
Whill
Dark Lord of the Jedi (Owner/Admin)

Location: Columbus, Ohio, USA, Earth, The Solar System, The Milky Way Galaxy

PostPosted: Thu Feb 20, 2020 11:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Twitter is nuts. I only joined it when Lucasfilm announced the canon reboot, to try to make sense out of the poorly worded statements that ultimately meant TCW was being brought through the fire with the films. I stopped going to Twitter after TLJ because of the onslaught of negativity.

Last month I referred to the 'Save Ben' movement I discovered when getting the TCW s7 release date from Twitter. My how times have changed. 'The Rise of Shippers'.

Neutral
Registration/Log-In Help
The Rancor Pit Library
Star Wars D6 Damage
Scots Dragon
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

PostPosted: Fri Feb 21, 2020 5:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Whill wrote:
Last month I referred to the 'Save Ben' movement I discovered when getting the TCW s7 release date from Twitter. My how times have changed. 'The Rise of Shippers'.

Neutral

It's not even shippers as such. It's 100% the fandom for a specific character, and the identity of the second character in that relationship (or that she's been tortured by the first character) is virtually irrelevant. At most they'll attack people who ship her with Finn out of abject racism at the idea that the main character can be part of an interracial couple.

Granted I'm all aboard the Finn and Poe train and think Disney are cowards for not doing that. Especially since the actors wanted to.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> General Star Wars All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: