The Rancor Pit Forum Index
Welcome to The Rancor Pit forums!

The Rancor Pit Forum Index
FAQ   ::   Search   ::   Memberlist   ::   Usergroups   ::   Register   ::   Profile   ::   Log in to check your private messages   ::   Log in

TRoS, The Sequel Trilogy & The Skywalker Saga
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> General Star Wars -> TRoS, The Sequel Trilogy & The Skywalker Saga Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
CRMcNeill
Director of Engineering
Director of Engineering

Location: Redding System, California Sector, on the I-5 Hyperspace Route.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 10, 2020 12:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tragic, but not particularly surprising.

The CRMcNeill Stat/Rule Index
Ray
Commodore
Commodore

Location: Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada, North America, Western Hemisphere, Earth, Sol, Western Arm, Milky Way

PostPosted: Thu Sep 10, 2020 7:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Considering the Clone Wars cartoons, that also would have made Rey likely part Mandalorian, which is a real shame as that would have made the fans quite ecstatic.
MrNexx
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Thu Sep 10, 2020 10:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Like, and Disney DID THIS with Marvel.

"Ok, here's where I'm going. Make your own movie, but I need you to include points A and B, and to not do C. I want X to wind up at point D, to make Avenger 5: Avengers v. X-men work"
TauntaunScout
Line Captain
Line Captain

PostPosted: Wed Nov 18, 2020 10:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't care anymore when or why they decided to make it The Palpatine Saga. I am just so burnt out on it all. It's part of parcel of coming of age and realizing the grown ups never actually knew what they were doing: stupid people grow up and get important jobs, too. I rank the sequels somewhere below the Ewok tv movies and above the prequels.

Edit: I'm pretty much selling all the sequel swag I garnered pre-TROS, and probably gonna ditch all the SOLO stuff I have too. Lookout eBay, here I come!
Whill
Dark Lord of the Jedi (Owner/Admin)

Location: Columbus, Ohio, USA, Earth, The Solar System, The Milky Way Galaxy

PostPosted: Fri Nov 20, 2020 4:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TauntaunScout wrote:
I rank the sequels somewhere below the Ewok tv movies and above the prequels.

Ah, you invoked the classic Ewok TV movie/prequel bash. So 2005. Rolling Eyes

TauntaunScout wrote:
Edit: I'm pretty much selling all the sequel swag I garnered pre-TROS, and probably gonna ditch all the SOLO stuff I have too. Lookout eBay, here I come!

I did get rid of a few DT things but I am keeping a few because I can still mine them for stuff to use in my divergent post-RotJ continuity.

Please PM me links to the Solo stuff you are selling on eBay, just in case I don't already have it and I'm interested.
Registration/Log-In Help
The Rancor Pit Library
Star Wars D6 Damage
MrNexx
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Fri Nov 20, 2020 5:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Whill wrote:
TauntaunScout wrote:

Out of curiosity, I checked: Disney+ does not have the Ewok movies, nor the 80s cartoon Droids.
TauntaunScout
Line Captain
Line Captain

PostPosted: Mon Nov 23, 2020 5:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Whill wrote:
TauntaunScout wrote:

How is it '05 to bash the sequels?

I am selling a bunch of 3.75" Solo stuff most likely. A four pack, a couple two packs, and a handful of single carded figs. No, I don't have the carded Lando you needed Sad
TauntaunScout
Line Captain
Line Captain

PostPosted: Mon Nov 23, 2020 5:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MrNexx wrote:
Whill wrote:
TauntaunScout wrote:

Out of curiosity, I checked: Disney+ does not have the Ewok movies, nor the 80s cartoon Droids.

Nope. If it's 70's or 80's it didn't happen. Including the original version of the films. You have to track down the mid 00's DVD releases I think.

Oh, and no Cartoon Network version of The Clone Wars. I had to get DVD's to watch those too. They're actually really fun. The only thing I thought they did a bad job on was Grievous' plot armor, and everyone's necks.
Whill

PostPosted: Mon Nov 23, 2020 7:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TauntaunScout wrote:
I am selling a bunch of 3.75" Solo stuff most likely. A four pack, a couple two packs, and a handful of single carded figs. No, I don't have the carded Lando you needed Sad

Thanks, but I am happy with the Lando I have. If I ever said I wanted a different one, that would have been before I got this one.

I think I am good on Solo 3.75 figures but thanks for the details.
Registration/Log-In Help
The Rancor Pit Library
Star Wars D6 Damage
MrNexx
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Mon Nov 23, 2020 7:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think I need to watch Solo again.
Whill

PostPosted: Mon Nov 23, 2020 7:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MrNexx wrote:
I think I need to watch Solo again.

I've been listening to the Deluxe Edition of the Solo soundtrack just released a few days ago, and it is putting me in the mood to watch it again.
Registration/Log-In Help
The Rancor Pit Library
Star Wars D6 Damage
TauntaunScout
Line Captain
Line Captain

PostPosted: Tue Nov 24, 2020 1:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Whill wrote:

I think I am good on Solo 3.75 figures but thanks for the details.

Yeah. For just having an affordable cool carded figure to hang onto, nothing really beats TVC. Assuming we aren't talking about OT. I picked up a TVC Mandalorian and Jyn Erso just to keep on the card.

Oh and to be clear, I LIKE the Ewok movies. Cause I was the right age when they came out. That doesn't make them Citizen Kane, but comparing something to them isn't a bash when it comes from me!

Here's a pic of my latest ewok miniature project. I took a Wicket, cut off the head and carved away the spear, and replaced them with a looted stormtrooper helmet and E-11. I am planning to convert a whole hypothetical RPG party of ewoks. So that's my high level "Ewok", next is an "Ewok Shaman" presumably converted from Ewok (which was basically a Logray mini). I have to stare at the mini long and hard to figure out how best to customize it as the force-user of the party. Maybe a lightsaber wielding ewok... I could go ahead and make 4 different ewoks this way, using two conversions and the two standard issue sculpts.

https://imgur.com/c9QxLwj

https://imgur.com/XWnGkTQ

https://imgur.com/bMm8KAn

https://imgur.com/FGw9qwt

Then again, I might try and make a convincing Quixotic Jedi to pal around with them.

Anyways back to the SEQUELS... My daughter likes to put her hair into a row of Rey nubbins, and run around the back yard with a staff fighting imaginary things. She also makes her own Captain Phasma action figure by putting Luke/Han's stormtrooper helmet on princess Leia. I think the sequels will be like the Ewok movies for her generation. They'll be fondly remembered kids movies, but they aren't gonna take their place in film history or become cultural icons.
Mamatried
Commodore
Commodore

PostPosted: Tue Nov 24, 2020 1:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

becuse this relates also to the sequals, i think this is the right thread.

Having been a Star Wars fan for decades I have began to notice something that I find very good and maybe even needed.

If we look to what has been made canon, we have seen numerous legends characters, locations and otherwwise having become canon.

While I love the old legends, I found them as a contuinuation to be at best a little back and forth and maybe a little too much at times.
I feel that Disney now is fixing this, one stap at the time.

Basicaly streamlining much of the old legends into a new canon, heavily based on the old legends, but more streamlined.

We were introduced to the Grysk, to me they are the vong, everthing but their culture so far is more or less a match.

We hev seen former planets crated for the RPG having been canonized as "astonomical object" etc.

Now looking to the sequals and picking them apparrt I do find plently of old legends content, names changed, but concepts bing the same.
The wayfinder being one such thing.

Have any of you any thoughts on how the old legends actually begin to be more and more canonized?
Whill

PostPosted: Tue Nov 24, 2020 2:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TS, nice Ewok mini.

TauntaunScout wrote:
Yeah. For just having an affordable cool carded figure to hang onto, nothing really beats TVC. Assuming we aren't talking about OT.

Yeah. From the modern Vintage Collection series, I have three for Solo (Lando, Han, and Enfys Nest), the same Jyn Erso and Mando you have, and the Shadow Trooper. From the earlier VC (2010-13) I have the green-suited Mon Calamari fighter pilot from the RotJ deleted scenes - He's one of my favorite figures.

TauntaunScout wrote:
Anyways back to the SEQUELS... My daughter likes to put her hair into a row of Rey nubbins, and run around the back yard with a staff fighting imaginary things. She also makes her own Captain Phasma action figure by putting Luke/Han's stormtrooper helmet on princess Leia.

My gods, man! Get that girl an actual Captain Phasma figure!
Registration/Log-In Help
The Rancor Pit Library
Star Wars D6 Damage
Whill

PostPosted: Tue Nov 24, 2020 2:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mamatried wrote:
Have any of you any thoughts on how the old legends actually begin to be more and more canonized?

It isn't "streamlining." It's just throwing a bone to the fans, a bone which has been almost completely picked clean of meat. Most fans of the EU are still disgruntled that the stories have been decanonized. Including elements of those Legends stories, like characters or species, in the new canon is not the same thing. In general people are happy about the use of Thrawn in the new canon, but most still want the Thrawn Trilogy to be canonized. Most fans are of small minds who don't realize they have the power to define their own personal canon, so they are unhappy when the external source of authority is not defining it for them the way they want they want them to.

To me, what Disney is doing is nothing new. I've been doing it with the EU since the EU was first born with the unholy shotgun marriage of The Thrawn Trilogy to Dark Empire. Now with the new canon, I've got two canons to take what I want from and repurpose for my personal use in my SWU. I personally enjoy what I do with Legends and Disney Canon more than what Disney does with Legends. Disney Canon (so including original canon and what they take from Legends) does give me more to take from, so that's cool. I've got my own "Sequel Trilogy" brewing in my mind.
Registration/Log-In Help
The Rancor Pit Library
Star Wars D6 Damage
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> General Star Wars All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
Page 7 of 10

Jump to: