The Rancor Pit Forum Index
Welcome to The Rancor Pit forums!

The Rancor Pit Forum Index
FAQ   ::   Search   ::   Memberlist   ::   Usergroups   ::   Register   ::   Profile   ::   Log in to check your private messages   ::   Log in

The Clone Wars (7 Seasons) - Original Spoiler Thread
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> General Star Wars -> The Clone Wars (7 Seasons) - Original Spoiler Thread Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Whill
Dark Lord of the Jedi (Owner/Admin)

Location: Columbus, Ohio, USA, Earth, The Solar System, The Milky Way Galaxy

PostPosted: Thu Feb 20, 2020 2:20 am    Post subject: The Clone Wars (7 Seasons) - Original Spoiler Thread Reply with quote

EDIT: There are no longer any spoilers restrictions in effect for TCW s7.

See the new dedicated thread for the sequel series: The Bad Batch [Spoilers Allowed]

Registration/Log-In Help
The Rancor Pit Library
Star Wars D6 Damage

Last edited by Whill on Wed May 12, 2021 9:19 pm; edited 5 times in total
Whill

PostPosted: Sat Feb 29, 2020 1:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I thought we had a lot of TCW fans here. Are the fans all the ones who don't have Disney+ yet? I'm not the one to really start a discussion, but I went to the trouble of creating a new spoiler policy for the Clone Wars so you could discuss it without spoiling those who don't have Disney+ yet.

My son and I both like the concept of the Bad Batch. I liked the flying bat creatures. I had less positive opinions about things too.

What do you think about the new episodes so far?
Registration/Log-In Help
The Rancor Pit Library
Star Wars D6 Damage
RyanDarkstar
Commander
Commander

PostPosted: Mon Mar 02, 2020 9:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I started watching the show from the beginning and still have about 30 episodes before I get to the new stuff. Kind of a bummer to hear the new episodes are "meh." Maybe a slow burn?
nuclearwookiee
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

PostPosted: Wed Mar 04, 2020 2:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm liking it so far. Episode 2 in particular had some good action in it. The Bad Batch are fun, but I'm finding Wrecker's physical strength a little unbelievable--even for a sci-fi show. Lifting an LAAT with his bare hands and without help? Come on...
Whill

PostPosted: Fri Mar 06, 2020 7:51 pm    Post subject: Re: Computer cooling in On the Wings of Keeradaks? Reply with quote

Maximum7 wrote:
In the latest episode of Clone Wars Season 7, the Bad Batch, Rex, Echo and Anakin escape from the Techo Union lab which houses a massive computer that is a computer interface attached to probe Echo’s mind. They escape into the ducts in the ceiling which are very wide and explained to be cooling “tunnels” to keep the computer from overheating. This is actually very cool since in the real world, computers use fans or solutione to prevent the hardrive from overheating. The fact that the computer in this episode is so big would seem another example of “backwards” Star Wars tech but The Essential Guide to Rise of Skywalker confirmed that the First Order used quantum computers so this big computer in Clone Wars is most likely very advanced despite being so large. My question is. Would it be feasible for a computer this large to have tunnels in the ceilings that bring cold air to cool it or should their be a smaller, more efficient way to cool this computer?
Quote:
There are more efficient ways to be sure, but Star Wars is grounded in a weird retrofuture industrial aesthetic which means that it's nonetheless entirely appropriate. Hell, the computer consoles had a whole Steampunk vibe in the second episode.

I moved this here from a separate thread. Please do not violate The Rancor Pit Spoiler Policy. Thank you.
Registration/Log-In Help
The Rancor Pit Library
Star Wars D6 Damage
Whill

PostPosted: Sat Mar 07, 2020 4:31 pm    Post subject: TCW Reply with quote

I guess I misunderstood my son's reaction. He said he has really loved the first three episodes of Season 7, but he thought the Techno Union droids were "weird".
Registration/Log-In Help
The Rancor Pit Library
Star Wars D6 Damage
Maximum7
Ensign
Ensign

PostPosted: Fri Mar 13, 2020 9:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mace disarms a bomb that could’ve destroyed Anaxes. I wonder what kinda bomb it was. Baradium?

Gone with a Trace was super boring.
Whill

PostPosted: Thu Apr 16, 2020 11:38 pm    Post subject: this is the end Reply with quote

So I guess this is a 12-episode season composed of three 4-episode story arcs. My son liked the Bad Batch arc but was very bored with Ahsoka arc. (I feel the same about them, about the same as the first six seasons.)

The final arc is what will finally bring the show up to RotS. I find that I am more interested in these final four episodes than the entire series thus far. One of my chief complaints about the series is how much it contradicts Lucas' live action films, and now they will actually go into a live action film, supposedly showing things concurrent to the events of RotS and film events from different points of view. So we'll see how it goes. Here is the premiere schedule of the last four episodes:

April 17th
April 24th
May 1st
May 4th

Yes, the last episode will be available only three days after the third because May the Fourth.
Registration/Log-In Help
The Rancor Pit Library
Star Wars D6 Damage
Voltron64
Ensign
Ensign

PostPosted: Sat May 02, 2020 3:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Y'know, you really have to wonder about the timeline where Maul got what he wanted in Anakin coming to face him.

Granted, Skywalker would have kicked his @$$, but the consequences of him being in Ahsoka's place...
MrNexx
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Mon May 04, 2020 8:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So, in Episode 11, where they scan and scan Rex and can't find the chip until Ahsoka helps...

Would that be her spending a Force Point to help a droid on a test?
Whill

PostPosted: Mon May 04, 2020 9:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MrNexx wrote:
So, in Episode 11, where they scan and scan Rex and can't find the chip until Ahsoka helps...

Would that be her spending a Force Point to help a droid on a test?

I thought it was a Vulcan Mind Meld.
Registration/Log-In Help
The Rancor Pit Library
Star Wars D6 Damage
MrNexx
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Wed May 06, 2020 3:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

oh, gods, I just realized that the clone troopers hunting Ahsoka Tano have her face painted on her helmet to honor her.
RyanDarkstar
Commander
Commander

PostPosted: Sun May 10, 2020 12:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MrNexx wrote:
oh, gods, I just realized that the clone troopers hunting Ahsoka Tano have her face painted on her helmet to honor her.

Yeah, that made it even worse.
Ning Leihrec
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

PostPosted: Wed May 13, 2020 7:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I thought this last season was really good. The final episodes were great. Anakin's fall plays a lot better offscreen and Order 66 was way more dramatic. They captured the tragedy of it all in a really visceral way. That scene where the Y-wing goes into a flat spin as that Republic cruiser crashes in flames through the atmosphere is one of the best action sequences I've ever seen. And Vader finding her lightsaber in the final scene... It's a great note to end on. He's not looking for her because she's a Jedi, but because she's an emotional loose end - a weakness and potential blindside. She's a great character. Ashoka's episodes of REBELS were also the best.
Whill

PostPosted: Mon Jul 13, 2020 6:35 pm    Post subject: Re: Star Wars: The Bad Batch Reply with quote

Darklighter79 wrote:
Quote:
The series follows the elite and experimental clones of the Bad Batch (first introduced in The Clone Wars) as they find their way in a rapidly changing galaxy in the immediate aftermath of the Clone War.

More info:
https://www.starwars.com/news/star-wars-the-bad-batch-series-announce

Thanks for posting this. I saw the announcement earlier today and was going to post it. I liked the Bad Batch concept (and I had actually already envisioned something like it for my SWU). My initial questions about the announcement were, When does this take place? They appeared at the final season of the TCW, so is this show going to the be a prequel to TCW Season 7? Or will it going into the timeframe of the new Empire? If so, will they be bad guys? Or will they go rogue from the Empire? (Maybe their chips where all defective so they resisted Order 66.) When I clicked on the headline, the next sentence from what you posted above answered all my questions...

Quote:
...Members of Bad Batch — a unique squad of clones who vary genetically from their brothers in the Clone Army — each possess a singular exceptional skill, which makes them extraordinarily effective soldiers and a formidable crew. In the post-Clone War era, they will take on daring mercenary missions as they struggle to stay afloat and find new purpose.

So they will go rogue from the new Empire and become mercenaries. I'm envisioning the A-Team, in space. That voice actor who does all the clones - That guy is a vocal genius to slightly differentiate all those characters. Nice to see that he'll have some more work for a while.

What's still not clear... Will it be the same fully 3D CG animation as in TCW and Rebels? Or will they go the cheaper route and do less 3D animation like in Resistance. Either way, I'd be fine with it if they would just shrink their oversized eyes and base the animation on real live-action proportions.
Registration/Log-In Help
The Rancor Pit Library
Star Wars D6 Damage
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> General Star Wars All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: