The Rancor Pit Forum Index
Welcome to The Rancor Pit forums!

The Rancor Pit Forum Index
FAQ   ::   Search   ::   Memberlist   ::   Usergroups   ::   Register   ::   Profile   ::   Log in to check your private messages   ::   Log in

The Mandalorian [Spoilers Allowed]
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> General Star Wars -> The Mandalorian [Spoilers Allowed] Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 31, 32, 33  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Potroclo
Sub-Lieutenant
Sub-Lieutenant

PostPosted: Mon Dec 23, 2019 4:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I actually though letting them live was not so much a Disney thing but derived from the fact that Mando seems to have a code of honor. Same code he applies when he decides to take baby yoda as his own. Maybe because he himself was an orphan. From what I gather it's something like don't kill unnecessarily, protect the weak and hate all droids. But if it's others doing the killing (as in the NR squadron) or during a fair fight it's ok.
Mamatried
Commodore
Commodore

PostPosted: Mon Dec 23, 2019 10:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Barbarossa41 wrote:
The beacon was activated on the prison ship by the guard.
There was just a ~20 min delay (for the x-wings to launch, hyperspace, etc.)

Yes, true, however do not forget mando brought the beacons with him thus he giuded the republic strike team to the ship and blew them up.
Meaning he saved the prison and prisoners and guard(s)
CRMcNeill
Director of Engineering
Director of Engineering

Location: Redding System, California Sector, on the I-5 Hyperspace Route.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 25, 2019 1:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

So, Darth Reality has been most taxing of late, but I have managed to make it through episode 3. The Whistling Bird is an interesting concept, and I'm chewing on the possibilities for a stat... Obviously, it's effectively a turret weapon, with low ammo, possibly a slow-firing weapon (as in, takes a round or so to lock onto targets), but can engage multiple targets with a single firing roll (perhaps).

The CRMcNeill Stat/Rule Index
cheshire
Arbiter-General (Moderator)

PostPosted: Thu Dec 26, 2019 12:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

CRMcNeill wrote:
So, Darth Reality has been most taxing of late, but I have managed to make it through episode 3. The Whistling Bird is an interesting concept, and I'm chewing on the possibilities for a stat... Obviously, it's effectively a turret weapon, with low ammo, possibly a slow-firing weapon (as in, takes a round or so to lock onto targets), but can engage multiple targets with a single firing roll (perhaps).

And I imagine that being prohibitively expensive would be another balancing agent. It turned out to be a "one and done" weapon.
Jamfke
Admiral
Admiral

PostPosted: Fri Dec 27, 2019 3:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chapter 8: Redemption

BEST EPISODE YET!
Whill
Dark Lord of the Jedi (Owner/Admin)

Location: Columbus, Ohio, USA, Earth, The Solar System, The Milky Way Galaxy

PostPosted: Sat Dec 28, 2019 12:03 am    Post subject: The Mandalorian Reply with quote

My family really enjoyed the final episode. It was great to finally see a live-action Imperial Flametrooper, although the armor design (red striped paint job) was not my first choice. It was funny to see the scout troopers arguing with more characterization for stormtroopers that has ever been seen, but the one trooper saying "Oh my god" felt out of place and abruptly took me right out of story. However now that I am typing this I am a bit curious in learning about stormtrooper religion. According to Wookieepedia I guess there was also a reference to a god that I must have missed in the first episode of the show.

I have had a few quibbles with it, but overall The Mandalorian series has been better than I thought it would be. It was announced today that Seasons 2 will start streaming on Disney+ in Fall 2020.
Registration/Log-In Help
The Rancor Pit Library
Star Wars D6 Damage
S-Foil
Sub-Lieutenant
Sub-Lieutenant

PostPosted: Sat Dec 28, 2019 2:44 am    Post subject: Re: The Mandalorian Reply with quote

Whill wrote:
My family really enjoyed the final episode. It was great to finally see a live-action Imperial Flametrooper, although the armor design (red striped paint job) was not my first choice. It was funny to see the scout troopers arguing with more characterization for stormtroopers that has ever been seen, but the one trooper saying "Oh my god" felt out of place and abruptly took me right out of story. However now that I am typing this I am a bit curious in learning about stormtrooper religion. According to Wookieepedia I guess there was also a reference to a god that I must have missed in the first episode of the show.

I have had a few quibbles with it, but overall The Mandalorian series has been better than I thought it would be. It was announced today that Seasons 2 will start streaming on Disney+ in Fall 2020.

Stormtroopers worship Blastem, the blind god. It is his hand that guides their shots.
Darklighter79
Captain
Captain

PostPosted: Sat Dec 28, 2019 10:06 am    Post subject: Re: The Mandalorian Reply with quote

S-Foil wrote:

Stormtroopers worship Blastem, the blind god. It is his hand that guides their shots.

Please don't be too hard on them. Those scout troopers were shooting at the long range for that hold-outs. Wink
Whill

PostPosted: Sat Dec 28, 2019 1:10 pm    Post subject: Re: The Mandalorian Reply with quote

S-Foil wrote:

LOL
Registration/Log-In Help
The Rancor Pit Library
Star Wars D6 Damage
TauntaunScout
Line Captain
Line Captain

PostPosted: Sun Dec 29, 2019 1:29 pm    Post subject: Re: The Mandalorian Reply with quote

With season one safely concluded I am pleased with the show beyond my expectations.

I now sort Star Wars into two categories, thusly.

One one side of the line is (in chronological order) ANH, ESB, ROTJ, West End's gaming materials, R1, and The Mandalorian.

One the other side of the line is Planet of the Hoojibs and everything else.

I think careful use of music is really important to this tv show's artistic success. One of the issues with the ST is the music is so heavy handed, it may as well be an "APPLAUSE" sign that lights up at key moments.
TauntaunScout
Line Captain
Line Captain

PostPosted: Sun Dec 29, 2019 1:50 pm    Post subject: Re: The Mandalorian Reply with quote

Whill wrote:
but the one trooper saying "Oh my god" felt out of place and abruptly took me right out of story.... According to Wookieepedia I guess there was also a reference to a god that I must have missed in the first episode of the show.

Horatio Sanz' character mutters "oh god" as an exclamation. If you don't watch with subtitles you probably can't hear it. I was annoyed by that too.
TauntaunScout
Line Captain
Line Captain

PostPosted: Tue Dec 31, 2019 1:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can't remember where I saw the idea for these but I went ahead and made baby yoda xmas cookies. It's just an angel with the head bit off.

https://imgur.com/7DiMCNc
cheshire
Arbiter-General (Moderator)

PostPosted: Tue Dec 31, 2019 8:24 pm    Post subject: Re: The Mandalorian Reply with quote

S-Foil wrote:

This is the best thing I've read all day.
Whill

PostPosted: Wed Jan 01, 2020 12:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

TauntaunScout wrote:
Can't remember where I saw the idea for these but I went ahead and made baby yoda xmas cookies. It's just an angel with the head bit off.

https://imgur.com/7DiMCNc

Nice. A few weeks ago my wife and son also made some baby yoda cookies by cutting the head of the angle cookie cutter cookies. I'm not sure where she got the idea but it was online somewhere. Good, they were.
Registration/Log-In Help
The Rancor Pit Library
Star Wars D6 Damage
Darklighter79
Captain
Captain

PostPosted: Fri Jan 10, 2020 4:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wonder if the Empire is after baby Yoda due to the direct order from cloned Emperor who wants be Force healed to regain full power....? Rolling Eyes
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> General Star Wars All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 31, 32, 33  Next
Page 5 of 33

Jump to: