The Rancor Pit Forum Index
Welcome to The Rancor Pit forums!

The Rancor Pit Forum Index
FAQ   ::   Search   ::   Memberlist   ::   Usergroups   ::   Register   ::   Profile   ::   Log in to check your private messages   ::   Log in

The Mandalorian [Spoilers Allowed]
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> General Star Wars -> The Mandalorian [Spoilers Allowed] Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 31, 32, 33  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
MrNexx
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Wed Jan 29, 2020 2:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is it just me or did the twi'lek look BAD in episode 6? Like, their lekku were stiff and looked like fabric, not like skin.
MrNexx
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Wed Jan 29, 2020 4:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Raven Redstar wrote:
Episode 6 did feel like an RPG session where a bunch of people made throwaway characters to hang out with the GM/Player duo.

I honestly found all of the criminals annoying except for the droid and the handler.

But, I still am enjoying the series even though E6 was the least interesting for me.

Yeah, Episode 6 was a low point in the series. We still have 7 and 8 to go, but EVERYTHING felt off in 6.

Mayfeld was alright, in a "Cartoon criminal" sort of way.
Xian felt like she had just watched Cats and was trying too hard, and her lekku looked terrible.
I didn't have a problem with Clancy Brown's Devaronnian, but my wife felt his makeup looked a bit too "Buffy the Vampire Slayer".

Really, if I have a big complaint about this series, its been make-up effects. Whenever we see an alien clearly, they look like someone in make-up... and not good make-up.
RyanDarkstar
Commander
Commander

PostPosted: Thu Jan 30, 2020 10:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Having watched all of Rebels before The Mandolorian, as well as weekly watching Resistance, I felt the movement and wire-work was jarring compared to the more fluid cartoons. It took a couple of episodes to reset my brain, though there were still some cringy moments, like the beefy Mando, Paz Vizla, pulling a Rocketeer salute while flying beside Djarin's Razor Crest. The CG was very iffy.

And, yeah, those lekku were definitely bad, but my wife and I still enjoyed that episode, particularly the cat-and-mouse "chase" between The Child and Q9-0 and the double-cross that lead the New Republic to Malk's space station.
Whill
Dark Lord of the Jedi (Owner/Admin)

Location: Columbus, Ohio, USA, Earth, The Solar System, The Milky Way Galaxy

PostPosted: Wed Feb 19, 2020 12:58 am    Post subject: Re: Geek at Arms [podcast] Reply with quote

https://rancorpit.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=7792

cheshire wrote:
In a recent episode of my podcast, we did a quick rundown of Rise of the Skywalker very early in the episode. Also covered are the Mandalorian, and Fallen Order video game. It's a light-hearted approach to the media, some of you might enjoy it.

http://geekatarms.com/27-a-whole-lot-of-star-wars-spider-man-into-the-spider-verse/

Good episode. For the record, "Mando" is an in-universe nickname that the Mandalorian character was referred to more than once in the series. Below is the first sentence of his Wookieepedia entry.

Quote:
Din Djarin, commonly known as "the Mandalorian" or "Mando" for short, was a human male Mandalorian foundling who worked as a bounty hunter during the New Republic Era.

"Mando" is my preferred character reference for him. It's more personal and less syllables than The Mandalorian.
Registration/Log-In Help
The Rancor Pit Library
Star Wars D6 Damage
MrNexx
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Mon Mar 02, 2020 9:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My wife while we watch the last two episodes...

"[Stormtrooper] armor is so f*** useless."
"But the armor is still in perfect condition."
cheshire
Arbiter-General (Moderator)

PostPosted: Mon Mar 02, 2020 11:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MrNexx wrote:

Yeah, Episode 6 was a low point in the series. We still have 7 and 8 to go, but EVERYTHING felt off in 6.

Mayfeld was alright, in a "Cartoon criminal" sort of way.
Xian felt like she had just watched Cats and was trying too hard, and her lekku looked terrible.
I didn't have a problem with Clancy Brown's Devaronnian, but my wife felt his makeup looked a bit too "Buffy the Vampire Slayer".

Really, if I have a big complaint about this series, its been make-up effects. Whenever we see an alien clearly, they look like someone in make-up... and not good make-up.

I'd say that the villains were off in this one. With the exception of Mayfeld's accent. He's definitely from Space Boston, and I approve.

I think that what's good about this episode is that we get to see the broader range of Mando's skills. He's not there just to have shiny armor. He out-thinks his opponents and works well tactically. Basically, it shows he's more than just a deadeye with a rifle.

Also, some of the cinematography was great, especially with his sneaking up on Mayfeld with the strobe light. The director took a page out of the horror genre's book, and gave us a reversal of the monster/protagonist jump-scare shot.

But yes. The villains were all just off. Even if they did have the benefit of being from Space Boston.
TauntaunScout
Line Captain
Line Captain

PostPosted: Fri Mar 06, 2020 4:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Where can I go listen to Space Charlie And The MTA?
MrNexx
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Fri Mar 06, 2020 5:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TauntaunScout wrote:
Where can I go listen to Space Charlie And The MTA?

Did he ever return
No he never returned
And his fate is still unknown (u ti ni!)
He'll fly for ever
In the space near Jakku
He's the Mando who never returned
Mamatried
Commodore
Commodore

PostPosted: Fri Mar 06, 2020 8:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can we see the force awaken in the mando, the clan of two, a green cute critter and a bad a** warrior eventually wielding the one and only darksaber.
and who will "teach" the little one?
Whill

PostPosted: Fri Mar 20, 2020 12:12 am    Post subject: Re: Mandolirian "Adult foundlings" Reply with quote

Mamatried wrote:
We have seen this in the TV series with both the Mando himself and now the baby he has found.

While reading up on mandalorian history one question comesto mind, could an adult become a mandoalorian, sort of a "adult foundling" if you will.

Their history at least idicate that anyone worty could become a Mandalorian, at least in their old "glory days".

How would play out in the rebellion era , or the late republic/clone wars, or even post empire?

I deleted this from a separate thread. Not everyone has seen the TV Series. Most countries in the world don't even have Disney+ yet. Please read the Disney+ Spoiler Policy for the Rancor Pit. Thank you.
Registration/Log-In Help
The Rancor Pit Library
Star Wars D6 Damage
cheshire
Arbiter-General (Moderator)

PostPosted: Fri Mar 20, 2020 2:33 pm    Post subject: Geek at Arms Reply with quote

In the latest episode of my podcast, my cohosts and I did a deep dive on The Mandalorian. If you're interested, the discussion of the show picks up at about 51:02.

https://geekatarms.podbean.com/e/geek-at-arms-episode-28-locke-key-my-hero-academia-and-the-mandalorian/
Whill

PostPosted: Sat Mar 21, 2020 3:16 pm    Post subject: Re: Geek at Arms [podcast] & Ahsoka in The Mandalorian Reply with quote

cheshire wrote:
In the latest episode of my podcast, my cohosts and I did a deep dive on The Mandalorian. If you're interested, the discussion of the show picks up at about 51:02.

https://geekatarms.podbean.com/e/geek-at-arms-episode-28-locke-key-my-hero-academia-and-the-mandalorian/

Thanks for sharing. I'm glad you guys went back to The Mandalorian and spoke in depth about it. Great episode. Maybe this was mentioned in this thread, but just how great is the performance of Pedro Pascal (and his stunt/body doubles) when he can't use his face to emote anything? It's all done though voice, body language and character foils.

It was mentioned in the podcast about how the Darksaber that Moff Gideon had was previously seen in the 4th season of Rebels being used by the Mandalorian character Sabine. Rebels ended with an epilogue right after the Battle of Endor where Sabine and Ahsoka left to go find Ezra...

https://variety.com/2020/tv/news/rosario-dawson-ahsoka-tano-the-mandalorian-season-2-1203540472/

So The Mandalorian season 2 will supposedly have Ahsoka Tano. It seems extremely likely that Sabine will somehow be a part of the story too. Then we will probably get he explanation about why some Mandalorians do show their face to others while some don't. (This is a way out of multiple ways?)

Regarding the news, the actor is great and I'm sure she will do a great job. I'm not a fan of the "Shaak Ti" species design (Togruta) though. Of course my biggest issue with the character of Ahsoka is the canon-breaking retcon of Anakin even having a padawan.

Showrunner Jon Favreau said that the show would deal with the rise of the First Order, and after the release of TRoS it was said that the the show would also deal with the resurrection of Palpatine, so this news of Ahsoka being in it does not make me any more excited about season 2. I can accept Season 1 in my personal SWU mostly as-is, but I have my doubts about Season 2. But maybe they won't even mention Anakin Skywalker.

And maybe it will refer to Anakin having a padawan, and the First Order, and Palpatine, but the show will still be entertaining anyway, kinda like how TFA is although it doesn't exist in my personal SWU. I was pleasantly surprised with The Mandalorian season and liked it more than I thought I would, so I will do my best to try to keep an open mind about season 2.
Registration/Log-In Help
The Rancor Pit Library
Star Wars D6 Damage
Grimace
Captain
Captain

PostPosted: Sat Mar 21, 2020 4:33 pm    Post subject: Re: Geek at Arms Reply with quote

cheshire wrote:

Hey Cheshire, here's a question for you based on your podcast. When discussing who wanted the Child (Baby Yoda...which I don't use that term) dead, it brought to mind a question I have about the series.

Remember when the Mandalorian went to find the Child (and met IG-11)? Remember all of those guards there? There were not just 4 or 5, there was something like 20 or so armed guards defending that child.

Did the Child hire all of those "guns"? I highly doubt it. So who hired and paid all of those gunmen? Why were there SO MANY guards protecting the Child? And if someone other than the Child hired those gunmen, would that someone still be out there and be willing to have MORE guns come after the Mandalorian to retrieve the Child?

That, to me, is a huge unanswered question about the whole series that I feel could really be expanded upon in the next series.
Scots Dragon
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

PostPosted: Sat Mar 21, 2020 4:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd be happier about Rosario Dawson's casting as Ahsoka Tano if she wasn't currently being sued for transphobic assault of an employee.
Whill

PostPosted: Sat Mar 21, 2020 7:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Scots Dragon wrote:
I'd be happier about Rosario Dawson's casting as Ahsoka Tano if she wasn't currently being sued for transphobic assault of an employee.

I hadn't heard about that. Whether it is true or a false allegation, I hope justice prevails. Maybe Disney's policy changed after firing the GotG director over old joke tweets in very poor taste resurfacing, and then later rehiring him.
Registration/Log-In Help
The Rancor Pit Library
Star Wars D6 Damage
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> General Star Wars All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 31, 32, 33  Next
Page 7 of 33

Jump to: