The Rancor Pit Forum Index
Welcome to The Rancor Pit forums!

The Rancor Pit Forum Index
FAQ   ::   Search   ::   Memberlist   ::   Usergroups   ::   Register   ::   Profile   ::   Log in to check your private messages   ::   Log in

ScreenRant indirectly references Rancor Pit
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> General Star Wars -> ScreenRant indirectly references Rancor Pit
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Forceally
Commodore
Commodore

PostPosted: Tue Dec 19, 2023 6:12 pm    Post subject: ScreenRant indirectly references Rancor Pit Reply with quote

I don't know if this is the right location to post this. If it isn't, then please move it to the right location.

I was on my smartphone, looking at any articles that Google might find to be of interest to me, based on my search history. I came across an article called: How Ezra Bridger's Secret Force Power Allowed Him To Survive Until Ahsoka. It's from ScreenRant, which I guess is an online magazine that covers topics associated with numerous trends that have many fans, like Star Wars, Star Trek, X-Men, Marvel's MCU, etc. It covers the films, TV series, cartoons, and comics associated with them. I found these articles to be of some use to me with my Force Compendium work.

Anyway, I was reading the article I mentioned, and at one point in the article, it said the following:

The Star Wars Rebels: Season 2 Sourcebook reveals Ezra’s secret Force power – Projective Empathy.

That sourcebook is a fan-made sourcebook that is available for download in these forums. So an online magazine that deals with various topics for discussion related to Star Wars just made a reference to this forum. Or at least sort of. How cool is that?! Or should I say, how freaking sweet is that?!

Here's the link to the article in question: How Ezra Bridger's Secret Force Power Allowed Him To Survive Until Ahsoka
CRMcNeill
Director of Engineering
Director of Engineering

Location: Redding System, California Sector, on the I-5 Hyperspace Route.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 19, 2023 8:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Frankly, that sounds more like ScreenRants failing to do due diligence verifying sources.

The CRMcNeill Stat/Rule Index
garhkal
Sovereign Protector
Sovereign Protector

PostPosted: Wed Dec 20, 2023 1:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Either way, it IS cool, a site with such visuality as screen rant gets, References the pit!
Whill
Dark Lord of the Jedi (Owner/Admin)

Location: Columbus, Ohio, USA, Earth, The Solar System, The Milky Way Galaxy

PostPosted: Wed Dec 20, 2023 2:24 am    Post subject: Re: ScreenRant indirectly references Rancor Pit Reply with quote

CRMcNeill wrote:
Frankly, that sounds more like ScreenRants failing to do due diligence verifying sources.

Yes. ScreenRant is not really a reputable new site. I think it is likely that they didn't realize that the document they referenced was a fan work, but perhaps they did and just didn't care. I could find no source attributions anywhere on the webpage. This is the first time I stayed on a ScreenRant article long enough to look for them because the few previous times I ever clicked on a link to that site I quickly got sick of the damn popup ads and retreated. I'm pretty sure I blocked them on Facebook so they don't even appear in my newsfeed.

However, Forceally's find is a symptom of a larger reality. The Rancor Pit truly is the world's leading independent forum devoted to Star Wars D6. I see the web stats. Every month, there are literally many thousands of unique, non-bot visitors here. This year is not over yet but it has already surpassed last year's visitor numbers by over 20,000 more visitors than last year. The vast majority of visits the Rancor Pit has come from Google. So far this year, the Rancor Pit has already had over 3.2 million non-bot hits, an all-time record for this website.

Every single one of you who posts here is famous around the world, within our niche hobby. Forceally, The Force Compendium is in the Top 5 most popular download documents, and it is likewise in the Top 5 most viewed documents in the RP Library.
Registration/Log-In Help
The Rancor Pit Library
Star Wars D6 Damage
Forceally
Commodore
Commodore

PostPosted: Wed Dec 20, 2023 11:40 pm    Post subject: Re: ScreenRant indirectly references Rancor Pit Reply with quote

Whill wrote:
CRMcNeill wrote:

Yes. ScreenRant is not really a reputable new site. I think it is likely that they didn't realize that the document they referenced was a fan work, but perhaps they did and just didn't care. I could find no source attributions anywhere on the webpage. This is the first time I stayed on a ScreenRant article long enough to look for them because the few previous times I ever clicked on a link to that site I quickly got sick of the damn popup ads and retreated. I'm pretty sure I blocked them on Facebook so they don't even appear in my newsfeed.

However, Forceally's find is a symptom of a larger reality. The Rancor Pit truly is the world's leading independent forum devoted to Star Wars D6. I see the web stats. Every month, there are literally many thousands of unique, non-bot visitors here. This year is not over yet but it has already surpassed last year's visitor numbers by over 20,000 more visitors than last year. The vast majority of visits the Rancor Pit has come from Google. So far this year, the Rancor Pit has already had over 3.2 million non-bot hits, an all-time record for this website.

Every single one of you who posts here is famous around the world, within our niche hobby. Forceally, The Force Compendium is in the Top 5 most popular download documents, and it is likewise in the Top 5 most viewed documents in the RP Library.

I don't know about ScreenRant's reputation. I do know that they have pointed me to some things I didn't know about that I can include in my work. It's definitely nice to know that we have such a huge following even if they don't register here on the site.

As for my work being in the top 5...

Shocked Surprised Very Happy Thumbs Up
DougRed4
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Mon Jan 01, 2024 4:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I visit Screen Rant regularly. While it's mostly just a fan site talking about genre stuff, it's at least visually interesting and has lots of entertaining content.

Recently it made me create an account to view things there, though now it doesn't seem to require that.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> General Star Wars All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: