The Rancor Pit Forum Index
Welcome to The Rancor Pit forums!

The Rancor Pit Forum Index
FAQ   ::   Search   ::   Memberlist   ::   Usergroups   ::   Register   ::   Profile   ::   Log in to check your private messages   ::   Log in

Anyone else seen these figures?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Commerce and Collections -> Anyone else seen these figures?
View previous topic :: View next topic  
TauntaunScout
Line Captain
Line Captain

PostPosted: Sun Mar 01, 2020 9:49 am    Post subject: Anyone else seen these figures? Reply with quote

Found these non-articulated SW guys at 5 Below last night. Might pick up a set for the heck of it but for now all I took was photos.

https://imgur.com/amEY0M6
https://imgur.com/foSbfFc
https://imgur.com/XEg4vzB
https://imgur.com/5jsV0XG

Seems like there's only 4 in the line: Luke (ROTJ costume), Darth, Chewie, and stormtrooper.

What I really need to find is a gaming store that will sell me their entire stock of 90's/early 00's SW guys for like, none cents on the dollars. It would be beyond cool to give away a full sized action figure at the ESB screening. Maybe instead I'll just give out lead bars shaped like Beskar steel!
Whill
Dark Lord of the Jedi (Owner/Admin)

Location: Columbus, Ohio, USA, Earth, The Solar System, The Milky Way Galaxy

PostPosted: Sun Mar 01, 2020 2:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Those are between miniatures and 3.75 figures. I don't think I've seen those.

And it's funny to see that in the background there are TLJ 3.75 figures. I haven't seen DJ or TLJ Leia on the shelves in a long time. We've got tons of Snoke though!
Registration/Log-In Help
The Rancor Pit Library
Star Wars D6 Damage
TauntaunScout
Line Captain
Line Captain

PostPosted: Sun Mar 01, 2020 5:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well if you want them let me know, if anything I'd say that they are 3.75 inch, not smaller.

TLJ figures are $4 and change iirc. The unarticulated strange ROTJ line is $3.25 a figure I think.

TFA small Micro Machines playsets (R2, turns into Starkiller Base, comes with a Chewie figure and 1st Order snowtroopers in a landspeeder) were $5 there too.

I hate Snoke. All Target has anymore is Snoke. He's like some evil crossbreed of Hugh Hefner and Yoda and he exudes essence of skeevey perv and I hate him.

I am going to go back to the 5 Below with some idea of what I might actually buy, and check others in the area. I figure I might horde the unarticulated figs for the heck of it, they're cheap. And I'll get 3.75 inch Jyn and Rey for my kid.
Whill

PostPosted: Sun Mar 01, 2020 6:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks, but I don't really need those figures. I just ordered my black series Threepio with Babu Frik, and I'm about done buying figures.

Quote:
I hate Snoke. All Target has anymore is Snoke. He's like some evil crossbreed of Hugh Hefner and Yoda and he exudes essence of skeevey perv and I hate him.

LOL, right. I hate Snoke too. I don't know why it bothers me so much, but Snoke is hideous looking to me. Way uglier than Jabba the Hutt. I find Snoke creepy and disturbing. The only other character in Star Wars I find disturbing to look at is Bor Gullet.
Registration/Log-In Help
The Rancor Pit Library
Star Wars D6 Damage
Scots Dragon
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

PostPosted: Sun Mar 01, 2020 8:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Whill wrote:
LOL, right. I hate Snoke too. I don't know why it bothers me so much, but Snoke is hideous looking to me. Way uglier than Jabba the Hutt. I find Snoke creepy and disturbing. The only other character in Star Wars I find disturbing to look at is Bor Gullet.

Bor Gullet can feel your thoughts. No lie is safe! Bor Gullet will know the truth!

The unfortunate side effect is that one tends to lose one's mind...
Grimace
Captain
Captain

PostPosted: Sun Mar 01, 2020 9:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I kinda like the look of the Return of the Jedi Luke, and the Stormtrooper. Yeah, they're non-articulate, but still kinda neat looking. I don't think we have any of these around here, but then again, I haven't really been looking for them either.
TauntaunScout
Line Captain
Line Captain

PostPosted: Sun Mar 01, 2020 9:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Grimace wrote:
I kinda like the look of the Return of the Jedi Luke, and the Stormtrooper. Yeah, they're non-articulate, but still kinda neat looking. I don't think we have any of these around here, but then again, I haven't really been looking for them either.

I am thinking they'll make great cake toppers. Whatever they are, they have "come and gone" already if they're at 5 Below.

For the unfamiliar, 5 Below is what Dollar Tree (and other "everything cots $1) stores were in the 80's. It sells random assortments of slightly outdated stuff. However due to inflation the "everything is a dollar" model won't work for that anymore. So at 5 Below, everything is $5 or less.

The only TLJ figures they had were DJ, Leia and Rey, plus for some reason Jyn Erso.

Last edited by TauntaunScout on Mon Mar 02, 2020 8:43 am; edited 1 time in total
TauntaunScout
Line Captain
Line Captain

PostPosted: Sun Mar 01, 2020 9:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Whill wrote:

He sorta symbolized everything wrong with how derivative TFA was, and the gratuitous CGI of the prequels, all in one. So he irritates me as the Jar-Jar of the sequels. Plus, he's a super creepy guy who obviously had a long history of paying young female 1st Order officers huge out of court settlements involving NDA's.
TauntaunScout
Line Captain
Line Captain

PostPosted: Tue Mar 03, 2020 1:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Side by side shot. 3.75 inch but a bit more fleshed out, since they don't have to bend.

https://imgur.com/RSxbdgO

What the heck is "Force Link" action figures? All TLJ figures at 5 Below say they have it.
Whill

PostPosted: Tue Mar 03, 2020 1:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

TauntaunScout wrote:
Side by side shot. 3.75 inch but a bit more fleshed out, since they don't have to bend.

https://imgur.com/RSxbdgO

They sure are. Cool.

TauntaunScout wrote:
What the heck is "Force Link" action figures? All TLJ figures at 5 Below say they have it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y1ScOrKVXpk

Force Link is audio tech. I remember first seeing this in 1999 with TPM figures which each came with a stand or something that had chip which the reader reads to speak movie dialogue and sound effects. (Back then the reader was an oversized replica of Qui-Gon's communicator.) Now the chips are somewhere in the action figure itself. I presume the wrist devices to play the figure audio were available separately at one time.
Registration/Log-In Help
The Rancor Pit Library
Star Wars D6 Damage
TauntaunScout
Line Captain
Line Captain

PostPosted: Tue Mar 03, 2020 8:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I got a Force Link "starter" which appears to be Darth Wren, and some sort of child sized vambrace for $5, and DJ, Leia and Rey for under $5 each. 2 good, 2 bad, and whatever the reader thingie is, for under $20 seemed like a good collection to start my daughter shifting into "real" action figures instead of the preschool ones. She's about to turn 5 which is a good age for action figures.
TauntaunScout
Line Captain
Line Captain

PostPosted: Mon Mar 16, 2020 7:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

And now... these unarticulated figures are cake toppers.
https://imgur.com/qVYCxBw
Whill

PostPosted: Mon Mar 16, 2020 8:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TauntaunScout wrote:
And now... these unarticulated figures are cake toppers.
https://imgur.com/qVYCxBw

Adorable kids. And that is an awesome looking cake.
Registration/Log-In Help
The Rancor Pit Library
Star Wars D6 Damage
TauntaunScout
Line Captain
Line Captain

PostPosted: Mon Mar 16, 2020 9:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks. The older one wanted to make me a SW cake, and threw my wife a curveball at the last minute. It had to have "four Star Wars figures on it, one for each of us." When my wife told her to go pick out 4 of their toys to use, the kid said "No. Big ones, not Galactic Heroes".

Luckily I had just the thing in the basement, let my wife take the credit with the kids.

Predictably, "my" cake toppers rapidly wound up in the playroom. The kids are psyched so have their own "big" SW figures. So psyched that they each took one to bed.

It's shaping up to be a fun quarantine so far.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Commerce and Collections All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: