The Rancor Pit Forum Index
Welcome to The Rancor Pit forums!

The Rancor Pit Forum Index
FAQ   ::   Search   ::   Memberlist   ::   Usergroups   ::   Register   ::   Profile   ::   Log in to check your private messages   ::   Log in

COVID/Pandemic
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> The Rancor Pit Users/Forums Info -> COVID/Pandemic Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 14, 15, 16  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
OuttaWindu
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

PostPosted: Mon Mar 16, 2020 9:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Naaman wrote:
In the military, we had this saying... more like a notion, really, that "one is none."

I learned the variation, "Two is one, one is none." during my mandatory service.
Dredwulf60
Line Captain
Line Captain

PostPosted: Mon Mar 16, 2020 3:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

As a vital service, I have no work at home option.
Our command structure has implemented lots of protocols though. Quite onerous and makes the job more difficult, but it is what it is.
garhkal
Sovereign Protector
Sovereign Protector

PostPosted: Mon Mar 16, 2020 5:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OuttaWindu wrote:
Naaman wrote:
In the military, we had this saying... more like a notion, really, that "one is none."

I learned the variation, "Two is one, one is none." during my mandatory service.

Me too.. That's why i have multiple ways to wash, both cloths and myself.
Naaman
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Tue Mar 17, 2020 4:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

OuttaWindu wrote:
Naaman wrote:

Yeah, that's how we say it, too.

Assume the first one you have will break/malfunction/run out of batteries, etc... effectively netting you none instead of one.
Naaman
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Tue Mar 17, 2020 5:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dredwulf60 wrote:
Our command structure has implemented lots of protocols though. Quite onerous and makes the job more difficult, but it is what it is.

Same here. So many silly things being implemented that heve a net etfect of zero, but look great "on paper" for those who came up with the idea, come evaluation time.
garhkal
Sovereign Protector
Sovereign Protector

PostPosted: Tue Mar 17, 2020 5:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Naaman wrote:
Dredwulf60 wrote:

Same here. So many silly things being implemented that heve a net etfect of zero, but look great "on paper" for those who came up with the idea, come evaluation time.

Yup;.. Maybe had they done the all shelter in place, last month, we'd have not gone from maybe 8 states with it, to where ALL BUT west virgina has it..
Whill
Dark Lord of the Jedi (Owner/Admin)

Location: Columbus, Ohio, USA, Earth, The Solar System, The Milky Way Galaxy

PostPosted: Tue Mar 17, 2020 9:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

garhkal wrote:
last month, we'd have not gone from maybe 8 states with it, to where ALL BUT west virgina has it..

WV reported its first confirmed case. And a lot more people everywhere have it that aren't confirmed.
Registration/Log-In Help
The Rancor Pit Library
Star Wars D6 Damage
garhkal
Sovereign Protector
Sovereign Protector

PostPosted: Wed Mar 18, 2020 1:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was writing that post before i saw the news saying Wva now has its first confirmed case.
But my statement holds true still. HAD we locked down, as soon as this fit hit the shan, i doubt we'd be ANYWHERE near as buggered as things are now.
CRMcNeill
Director of Engineering
Director of Engineering

Location: Redding System, California Sector, on the I-5 Hyperspace Route.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 18, 2020 2:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

And there are still all the other tragedies of life...

My sister just died. Apparently she passed away over the weekend, but they only found her yesterday.

I've been on kind of a posting slump already, and now I really don't have the emotional energy to devote to writing anything up.

The CRMcNeill Stat/Rule Index
MrNexx
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Wed Mar 18, 2020 3:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

CRMcNeill wrote:

My sister just died. Apparently she passed away over the weekend, but they only found her yesterday.

I've been on kind of a posting slump already, and now I really don't have the emotional energy to devote to writing anything up.

My condolences, CR. Health and luck to you and yours.
Whill

PostPosted: Wed Mar 18, 2020 7:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

CRMcNeill wrote:

I'm very sorry to hear of your family's loss.

Sad
Registration/Log-In Help
The Rancor Pit Library
Star Wars D6 Damage
garhkal
Sovereign Protector
Sovereign Protector

PostPosted: Thu Mar 19, 2020 2:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thoughts and prayers for the loss of your sister...
CRMcNeill
Director of Engineering
Director of Engineering

Location: Redding System, California Sector, on the I-5 Hyperspace Route.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 19, 2020 12:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks guys. I appreciate it.

The CRMcNeill Stat/Rule Index
cheshire
Arbiter-General (Moderator)

PostPosted: Fri Mar 20, 2020 2:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm really sorry to hear that. I'll be praying for you and your family.
Whill

PostPosted: Thu Mar 26, 2020 1:00 am    Post subject: Coronavirus pandemic Reply with quote

We are in an unprecedented time of the modern era.

I am blessed that my wife and I are working from home (as long as we have electricity and internet), and the schools have closed so my son is at home with us. My son is 10 and big for his age. He has no health conditions. I don't want him to suffer but I doubt he would get more than uncomfortable with Coronavirus. Right now my son and I do not feel sick at all. Ohio is one of the first states to start enacting precautions. All daycares, preschools, and schools K-12 are closed. All non-essential retail businesses are closed. We are under a stay-at-home order unless having to go out for essentials. When I do I take every precaution by social distancing, touching as little as possible, using hand sanitizer (which is also in low supply), and washing my hands. We use lysol spray and wipes at home.

However I'm starting to feel some anxiety about this pandemic.

I have hypertension but thankfully my medication for that helps me achieve virtually ideal blood pressure. Other than that and being overweight (thus getting a little winded walking up two flights of stairs or running for a short time), I am fair health for someone in their late 40s. If I get infected by Coronavirus, I would hope I would not have difficulty breathing and could just suffer through it at home. If I have more severe respiratory symptoms and need proper medical care, I personally am still not worried about dying if I can get proper medical care.

I am a little worried about my wife. She is 8 years younger than me but getting over bronchitis (She went to the doctor a few weeks ago and that's what they said it was). She had gotten a cold in February that moved into her lungs. I got the cold from her but it never went into my lungs and I got better quicker. (We never had fevers. I never had a cough or breathing issues.) Her coughing is almost gone but her lungs are still weakened by it. Still, I'm sure she could get over Covid with proper medical care if needed.

However I am worried about the pandemic exceeding the capacity of our healthcare system and some of the infected not getting proper healthcare for the best possible chance of survival. I am worried about my wife and I getting it at the same time and not being able to take care of our son who no one else would want to take care of since he could be infected or a carrier. My family is happy to stay home and self-quarantine, but we only have a limited supply of food and other essentials of life, like TP which is in short supply in my area thanks to all the selfish doomsday preppers that stocked up on it. So unfortunately I have to go out to hunt down essentials and that is risking exposure, bringing it home to my family, and possibly even carrying it to others if I am unknowingly infected or carrying it. I am worried about all my older family members, especially my three living parents who are all in their 70s, my parent-in-laws who are in their 60s, and my wife's four living grandparents who are 90 or pushing 90. I am worried about my brother who is a few years younger than me but unfortunately smokes.

If my wife, son, or I get sick, I will tell you guys and keep you informed of my status in this thread.

If any of you or anyone in your home get or seem to get Coronavirus, I request that you please inform me. Feel free to PM it to me - If you don't want it public, it won't be. People come and go from the forum all the time, and that's fine. But if you suddenly stopped posting during this pandemic I would hate to wonder what happened. Thank you.
Registration/Log-In Help
The Rancor Pit Library
Star Wars D6 Damage
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> The Rancor Pit Users/Forums Info All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 14, 15, 16  Next
Page 2 of 16

Jump to: