The Rancor Pit Forum Index
Welcome to The Rancor Pit forums!

The Rancor Pit Forum Index
FAQ   ::   Search   ::   Memberlist   ::   Usergroups   ::   Register   ::   Profile   ::   Log in to check your private messages   ::   Log in

COVID/Pandemic
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> The Rancor Pit Users/Forums Info -> COVID/Pandemic Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 14, 15, 16  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
cheshire
Arbiter-General (Moderator)

PostPosted: Mon Apr 20, 2020 8:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm glad to hear your grandfather is doing better. Though I'm really sorry to hear that your social isolation has been so difficult.
Grimace
Captain
Captain

PostPosted: Mon Apr 20, 2020 9:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Still going to work every day. Still doing fine, but wishing I could get a break. Being "essential" is draining.
Whill
Dark Lord of the Jedi (Owner/Admin)

Location: Columbus, Ohio, USA, Earth, The Solar System, The Milky Way Galaxy

PostPosted: Mon Apr 20, 2020 9:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Scots Dragon wrote:
My grandparents were exposed, and my grandfather seemed to show symptoms but is currently feeling better.

That is good news.

Scots Dragon wrote:
Beyond that I've had other personal tragedies unrelated to the COVID-19 situation, but which have made isolation especially painful.

I'm very sorry to read this. My heart goes out to you. Take care.
Registration/Log-In Help
The Rancor Pit Library
Star Wars D6 Damage
Whill

PostPosted: Mon Apr 20, 2020 10:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thankfully my family has stayed healthy and we haven't run out of TP. I have already worked at home for many years. My wife works in administration of a state school and they are letting her work from home, so we are all home now. School at home is going ok for my son. We just got the word from the governor today that onsite schooling will not resume this school year. The lockdown has been worst on him. He really misses his school friends and teacher. We have worked out connections with the parents of his friends and they connect online to stay in touch and play games. And I have a niece a little older than my son who has been a great remote pal with her cousin. When it is not too cold my son and I go outside in the yard and throw the football or run some plays. I still walk the dog everyday and we just avoid other people. I make weekly forays out into the world for anything my family needs and take precautions.

The last time I tried to use my car it was making a load strange noise so I parked it. Thankfully we have another car though.

Grimace wrote:
Still going to work every day. Still doing fine, but wishing I could get a break. Being "essential" is draining.

Working in the healthcare coverage industry, I have been very busy. I've been working OT. I process medication claim adjustments. I handle a lot of escalated stuff for the company president's office. I have to research complex issues report my findings. It is mentally draining, but I don't have to go out into the world like you do Grimace. They did approve me to take a half-day off in two weeks to take my wife to her eye doctor appointments.
Registration/Log-In Help
The Rancor Pit Library
Star Wars D6 Damage
garhkal
Sovereign Protector
Sovereign Protector

PostPosted: Tue Apr 21, 2020 2:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

So far, other than one neighbor going in, due to a popped knee (biking accident), i've not yet known anyone who's come down with covid..
cheshire

PostPosted: Tue Apr 21, 2020 9:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know two people so far. But that's population density for you.
garhkal
Sovereign Protector
Sovereign Protector

PostPosted: Tue Apr 21, 2020 3:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, if anyone hear dies from it, be honored to know, you shall join my Zombie Legion! Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil
Whill

PostPosted: Tue Apr 21, 2020 7:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

cheshire wrote:
I know two people so far. But that's population density for you.

I hope they'll be ok.

garhkal wrote:
Well, if anyone hear dies from it, be honored to know, you shall join my Zombie Legion! Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil

Not me. I'm donating any organs they want and the rest is getting cremated. But I told my wife she can bury my ashes in a pet cemetery, so I guess we'll see what happens.
Registration/Log-In Help
The Rancor Pit Library
Star Wars D6 Damage
garhkal
Sovereign Protector
Sovereign Protector

PostPosted: Wed Apr 22, 2020 2:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You could still join my zombie legion there.. You'd more likely rise as a ghoul or wight...!! Laughing Laughing
Whill

PostPosted: Wed Apr 29, 2020 1:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

So my wife's last grandfather, "PawPaw", passed away Monday after a short time in hospice care. He had Parkinson's and he was 88, so as far as we know it wasn't Covid related. However he was on oxygen when he died so I'm wondering if he may have gotten Covid and they just aren't worrying about testing him since there are other likely causes. His last few years of life were increasingly difficult for him so I am relieved he is at peace now.

It's sad that we never got to say goodbye to him due to the pandemic. (This year he stopped being able to hold a phone, and his hearing wasn't very good.) What really sucks is, instead of waiting for a celebration of life, they're having a visitation Friday and full-blown funeral service Saturday despite it being a very dangerous time to have all that. He is survived by MawMaw who just turned 89 last week. We are going to make an appearance at the visitation wearing masks, armed with sanitizer, and maintaining a safe distance from everyone.
Registration/Log-In Help
The Rancor Pit Library
Star Wars D6 Damage
cheshire

PostPosted: Wed Apr 29, 2020 6:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am so sorry for your loss. I'll be praying for you and your family.
garhkal
Sovereign Protector
Sovereign Protector

PostPosted: Wed Apr 29, 2020 2:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That sucks.. You have my sympathy.
ThrorII
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

PostPosted: Thu Apr 30, 2020 1:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am very sorry for your loss. My condolences.
Bradwardine
Sub-Lieutenant
Sub-Lieutenant

PostPosted: Thu Apr 30, 2020 10:32 pm    Post subject: Condolences. Reply with quote

You and yours have my condolences. (One of my sets of grandparents are very close in age to your wife's). I will be thinking of you all over this weekend.
"Fear God and keep his commandments: for this is the whole duty of man." (Ecclesiastes 12:13b)
"God . . . now commandeth all men everywhere to repent." (Acts 17:30b)
Whill

PostPosted: Fri May 01, 2020 12:24 am    Post subject: Re: Condolences. Reply with quote

Bradwardine wrote:
One of my sets of grandparents are very close in age to your wife's

It's wonderful that you have multiple sets. Grandparents are special to me, I guess because I watched my maternal grandmother keel over right in front of me as a child. I also lost both paternal grandparents in the 70s, and my maternal grandfather in the 80s. I had no grandparents for five years until my mom remarried and I gained a step-grandfather, who passed away 10 years ago. But I had gotten married and gained new grandparents. My wife still has both of her biological grandmothers left (89 and 90), and a younger step-grandmother who is technically no longer related since that grandfather passed but my wife still considers her a grandmother. My son still has six grandparents and three great-grandparents.

cheshire wrote:
I am so sorry for your loss. I'll be praying for you and your family.
garhkal wrote:
That sucks.. You have my sympathy.
ThrorII wrote:
I am very sorry for your loss. My condolences.
Bradwardine wrote:
You and yours have my condolences... I will be thinking of you all over this weekend.

Thanks, guys. I guess a lot of people have stated they aren't coming to the funeral Saturday so they are going to webcast it - We can watch it safely from home. We are still going to the viewing tomorrow, to be the first ones there, and out before too much people traffic comes through.
Registration/Log-In Help
The Rancor Pit Library
Star Wars D6 Damage
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> The Rancor Pit Users/Forums Info All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 14, 15, 16  Next
Page 4 of 16

Jump to: