The Rancor Pit Forum Index
Welcome to The Rancor Pit forums!

The Rancor Pit Forum Index
FAQ   ::   Search   ::   Memberlist   ::   Usergroups   ::   Register   ::   Profile   ::   Log in to check your private messages   ::   Log in

COVID/Pandemic
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> The Rancor Pit Users/Forums Info -> COVID/Pandemic Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 14, 15, 16  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
CRMcNeill
Director of Engineering
Director of Engineering

Location: Redding System, California Sector, on the I-5 Hyperspace Route.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 23, 2020 12:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Whill wrote:
That sucks! I pray for their full recovery.

Thanks. They're doing alright, with mild symptoms, but we're staying clear of eachother just in case. It's interesting running errands for them; put the groceries on the doormat, ring the bell and take six steps backward. "Love you, mom!"

The CRMcNeill Stat/Rule Index
CRMcNeill
Director of Engineering
Director of Engineering

PostPosted: Wed Dec 23, 2020 12:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dredwulf60 wrote:
I salute your service to modern civilization.

Much thanks. I must admit that being essential isn't all it's cracked up to be.

Quote:
I've spent a number of holidays working on the road and other places. Luckily I get to be home this year...but it will feel a little hollow without the full family allowed to get together and with both kids grown and on their own for the first time ever. It'll be very subdued.
But I'm not complaining. At least I don't have to be at work for a few days!

My first year on the road, I did Thanksgiving at a Denny's outside Harrisburg, PA, but this is the first time I'll miss Christmas. I did have to leave at noon last Christmas and ended up stuck at the base of a mountain pass for two days waiting for the snow and ice to clear, but at least then I got to do gifts and dinner on Christmas Eve and traditional breakfast on Christmas morning. This'll be a bit more than that.

Whill
Dark Lord of the Jedi (Owner/Admin)

Location: Columbus, Ohio, USA, Earth, The Solar System, The Milky Way Galaxy

PostPosted: Wed Dec 23, 2020 1:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

CRMcNeill wrote:
Whill wrote:
I pray for their full recovery.

Thanks. They're doing alright, with mild symptoms, but we're staying clear of eachother just in case. It's interesting running errands for them; put the groceries on the doormat, ring the bell and take six steps backward. "Love you, mom!"

You're a good son.
Registration/Log-In Help
The Rancor Pit Library
Star Wars D6 Damage
CRMcNeill
Director of Engineering
Director of Engineering

PostPosted: Wed Dec 23, 2020 1:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Whill wrote:
You're a good son.

Thank you.

garhkal
Sovereign Protector
Sovereign Protector

PostPosted: Wed Dec 23, 2020 3:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Denny's and waffle house are the only two places i know, that Routinely stay open for xmas..
Whill

PostPosted: Sat Jan 02, 2021 8:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My step-nephew and his wife are recovering from covid. My cousin's husband is recovering. Also, I heard that thankfully my wife's work friend who was in ICU for over a month was downgraded out of ICU. She came close to not making it, but she is now showing improvement.

CRMcNeill wrote:
They're doing alright, with mild symptoms

How are your mom and step-dad doing? Still mild or better?
Registration/Log-In Help
The Rancor Pit Library
Star Wars D6 Damage
Grimace
Captain
Captain

PostPosted: Sat Jan 02, 2021 11:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

One of my direct co-workers (my boss) got Covid. He was sent home for 2 weeks and I had to take over the head honcho position. I did not have to quarantine. The worst that happened to him was he lost his sense of smell.

A number of other people at my work have had it, been quarantined, and are back at work. Most of them just had aches for a couple days, then they were better. That whole aspect of "aches for a couple days" makes me wonder if I actually had it back in August when I had a couple days where I woke up and just ached all over. I popped an Aleve and went to work without thinking much about it. The next day I was still a little achy, kept an Aleve with me but didn't have to use it. The day after that I was all better. Maybe I had it? I don't know. I am half tempted to drive the 87 miles to a nearby town to get the antibody test to see if I already had it.

My older brother and his family got it. They were sick for a few days but were done with any ailments within a week, but quaratined for 2 weeks (they are in Washington). One of my nieces in North Caroline got it, along with her husband. They had a rough week, and lingering effects for about 10 days, but then recovered. I don't know, personally, a single person who has had a bad case of this Covid. In all cases, it was either like a mild case of the flu, or it was even less than that.

It's really weird how this Covid is really like Russian Roulette. Some people skate through it without a problem, or don't even get symptoms. Others have some problems, but a common cold or a case of the regular flu are just as bad. And then there's that low percentage who just get completely leveled by this thing. It's so weird.
Whill

PostPosted: Sun Jan 03, 2021 1:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's what make this so deadly. It's so mild for some people. Others may be carriers or infected with no symptoms and carelessly spread it to someone else who it might be devastating or deadly for.

The safety measures are not to protect ourselves. They are to protect others from ourselves. We have to remember that at any time, we may have it and not know it, so we have to act as if might so we don't spread it.
Registration/Log-In Help
The Rancor Pit Library
Star Wars D6 Damage
CRMcNeill
Director of Engineering
Director of Engineering

PostPosted: Sun Jan 03, 2021 11:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Whill wrote:
How are your mom and step-dad doing? Still mild or better?

Better. Mom still has a nasty cough, but that's not abnormal for her after a viral flu. I had to get tested because I was exhibiting symptoms ~1.5 weeks after being exposed, but the test came back negative.

Whill

PostPosted: Mon Jan 04, 2021 1:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That sucks about the nasty cough. She probably has a sore throat from it. Glad to hear they are better overall and you are negative.
Registration/Log-In Help
The Rancor Pit Library
Star Wars D6 Damage
garhkal
Sovereign Protector
Sovereign Protector

PostPosted: Mon Jan 04, 2021 2:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Whill wrote:
That's what make this so deadly. It's so mild for some people. Others may be carriers or infected with no symptoms and carelessly spread it to someone else who it might be devastating or deadly for.

If they don't know they have it, how can they be 'careless' in spreading it unknowingly?
Whill

PostPosted: Mon Jan 04, 2021 2:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

garhkal wrote:
Whill wrote:

If they don't know they have it, how can they be 'careless' in spreading it unknowingly?

This is not business as usual. We are in an urgent state of pandemic. We proceed as if we might have covid, to protect others from it just in case we do. That's what good people do for the greater good of their fellow man. It is careless to do otherwise.
Registration/Log-In Help
The Rancor Pit Library
Star Wars D6 Damage
garhkal
Sovereign Protector
Sovereign Protector

PostPosted: Mon Jan 04, 2021 3:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So in effect, treat everyone as 'diseased' (or guilty), until and unless they can prove themselves free (innocent)?
CRMcNeill
Director of Engineering
Director of Engineering

PostPosted: Mon Jan 04, 2021 4:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

garhkal wrote:
So in effect, treat everyone as 'diseased' (or guilty), until and unless they can prove themselves free (innocent)?

That’s a bit harsh, IMO. Innocent/guilty doesn’t work well as an analogy here, except in the rare possibility that a person who has gotten a positive test is going around trying to infect people. Innocent or guilty is a result of choice, not random encounter.

garhkal
Sovereign Protector
Sovereign Protector

PostPosted: Mon Jan 04, 2021 6:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

How is it harsh, when it's literally like saying "EVERYONE needs to be punished, just to stop the few who may do wrong"
I spent 20 years, to defend everyone's freedom. AND MORE AND MORE it seems i wasted my life doing that, since everyone now days, seems to be JUMPING at the chance to give UP those freedoms, just for the 'illusion of safety'?!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> The Rancor Pit Users/Forums Info All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 14, 15, 16  Next
Page 9 of 16

Jump to: