The Rancor Pit Forum Index
Welcome to The Rancor Pit forums!

The Rancor Pit Forum Index
FAQ   ::   Search   ::   Memberlist   ::   Usergroups   ::   Register   ::   Profile   ::   Log in to check your private messages   ::   Log in

Starfall - Mission report
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Adventures and Campaigns -> Starfall - Mission report Goto page Previous  1, 2
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Leona Makk
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

PostPosted: Mon Jun 15, 2020 12:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Your poor players. They seem VERY unlucky but they are still smarter than my adult group. *heavy sigh*
Leona Makk
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

PostPosted: Mon Jun 15, 2020 12:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I ran this adventure years ago without the physical book. For a map, I used the pull out Star Destroyer cross section from the old "Star Wars Technical Journal of the Imperial Forces" printed by StarLog Magazine!
Anyone else use those things for everything back in the 90s?
The Bissler
Commander
Commander

PostPosted: Mon Jun 15, 2020 9:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I used the book "Star Wars Complete Vehicles" a lot when we were doing face to face gaming, less so now that we're on Roll20. These kind of books are a great resource!
Whill
Dark Lord of the Jedi (Owner/Admin)

Location: Columbus, Ohio, USA, Earth, The Solar System, The Milky Way Galaxy

PostPosted: Mon Jun 15, 2020 10:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Leona Makk wrote:
I ran this adventure years ago without the physical book. For a map, I used the pull out Star Destroyer cross section from the old "Star Wars Technical Journal of the Imperial Forces" printed by StarLog Magazine!
Anyone else use those things for everything back in the 90s?

I used to have all three original issues of Starlog's The Official Star Wars Technical Journal series, but then I found a 1995 compilation of the three issues into one hardback book at Half-Price books so I bought that and sold the three issues. I have referred to those for the game. Some of their material in them was actually originated by WEG. The Imp SD design in there is very similar to the Victory in Starfall and was probably inspired by it.
Registration/Log-In Help
The Rancor Pit Library
Star Wars D6 Damage
udat
Cadet
Cadet

PostPosted: Sat Jul 18, 2020 3:14 pm    Post subject: Re: Starfall - Mission report Reply with quote

willg wrote:
I'm also a Roll20 user, would it be too much to ask to see or share your maps for when my players do Starfall? It's your call, my friend but it would be great to see your maps at least.

I'd be happy to. Is there an easy way to export them from Roll20?
The Bissler
Commander
Commander

PostPosted: Sat Jul 18, 2020 4:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd second the request for your maps as I'm running this in a few months' time!

The way I was able to add a pic here was by hitting the Img button, adding the URL for a hosted image, then hitting it again (I did it for the first time the other day).

I'm pretty new to the forum though, there's probably a better way!
DougRed4
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Wed Jul 29, 2020 2:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Starfall is one of the very few published adventures I've run, and I think it's a good one.

It's fun to read other people's experiences with it!
garhkal
Sovereign Protector
Sovereign Protector

PostPosted: Wed Jul 29, 2020 2:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

How did you roll 48 troopers all out?? Did you have them working in groups??
DougRed4
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Wed Jul 29, 2020 3:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Didn't want to hijack this thread, so udat, if you want to see how another group handled things, you can read in this thread how my kids fared with this adventure.
udat
Cadet
Cadet

PostPosted: Thu Aug 06, 2020 5:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I built a lot of the maps I used in the Roll20 Engine, rather than importing them from an external source, so I am not sure how to export them.

I have created an extra copy of my game, maybe I can invite you guys in? This is the link: https://app.roll20.net/join/8201551/MnQJ2A

Maybe there's a way I can let you be GM/Admins?

The question about managing all the Stormtroopers... There were 8 groups of Troopers in an octagonal arrangement - Only the two at the front had line of sight to the Rebels, and I mostly had them combining fire, so I had 8 attacks from the bad-guys to manage each turn.
udat
Cadet
Cadet

PostPosted: Thu Aug 06, 2020 5:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DougRed4 wrote:
Didn't want to hijack this thread, so udat, if you want to see how another group handled things, you can read in this thread how my kids fared with this adventure.

Nice!

I see you mention Villains and Vigilantes in your sig - I wasn't familiar with that game at all, but an old university mate of mine actually designed and published a deck building card game based on V&V a few years ago. Maybe check it out Wink
The Bissler
Commander
Commander

PostPosted: Thu Aug 06, 2020 9:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

udat wrote:
I built a lot of the maps I used in the Roll20 Engine, rather than importing them from an external source, so I am not sure how to export them.

I have created an extra copy of my game, maybe I can invite you guys in? This is the link: https://app.roll20.net/join/8201551/MnQJ2A

Maybe there's a way I can let you be GM/Admins?

The question about managing all the Stormtroopers... There were 8 groups of Troopers in an octagonal arrangement - Only the two at the front had line of sight to the Rebels, and I mostly had them combining fire, so I had 8 attacks from the bad-guys to manage each turn.

Hi Udat!

Thanks for doing this, I'm sure it'll be an excellent resource! I've joined your game (Gordon B), but would need permissions to see anything other than the landing screen. If I can get in, I'm sure that I would be able to get copies of the maps - I'd be happy to email these on to you to pass on to anyone who wanted them. Alternatively, if you were agreeable, I could create a post on my blog with the resources and obviously credit you in the introduction (either as Udat or whichever name you'd be happy with).

What do you think?
udat
Cadet
Cadet

PostPosted: Thu Aug 06, 2020 12:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Bissler wrote:

Thanks for doing this, I'm sure it'll be an excellent resource! I've joined your game (Gordon B), but would need permissions to see anything other than the landing screen. If I can get in, I'm sure that I would be able to get copies of the maps - I'd be happy to email these on to you to pass on to anyone who wanted them. Alternatively, if you were agreeable, I could create a post on my blog with the resources and obviously credit you in the introduction (either as Udat or whichever name you'd be happy with).

What do you think?

I've promoted you to GM, so you should be able to see everything now?

There's some sheets from the three modules I have run on Roll20 all in there. I made the most for Starfall and some for Shantipole. Tatooine Manhunt we mostly played IRL but there might be some stuff randomly dropped in there.

I've used a mishmash of photographs of my own Imperial Assault Minis for tokens, as well as some stuff I've found posted on here and on reddit.

The Detention area has the dynamic lighting all set up. I think the Engine Core, and the various corridors were all locations in Shantipole, as is the repair shop, engine bay, supply area, and hangar.

For the engine core, I simulated the bridges extending by moving the sections between layers.

You can credit me as Udat from these forums if you like Smile

If anyone else wants to be promoted to GM, just let me know.
The Bissler
Commander
Commander

PostPosted: Thu Aug 06, 2020 1:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
I've promoted you to GM, so you should be able to see everything now?

There's some sheets from the three modules I have run on Roll20 all in there. I made the most for Starfall and some for Shantipole. Tatooine Manhunt we mostly played IRL but there might be some stuff randomly dropped in there.

I've used a mishmash of photographs of my own Imperial Assault Minis for tokens, as well as some stuff I've found posted on here and on reddit.

The Detention area has the dynamic lighting all set up. I think the Engine Core, and the various corridors were all locations in Shantipole, as is the repair shop, engine bay, supply area, and hangar.

For the engine core, I simulated the bridges extending by moving the sections between layers.

You can credit me as Udat from these forums if you like Smile

If anyone else wants to be promoted to GM, just let me know.

Thanks so much for this udat! The maps are fantastic and really helpful because I'm planning on running some of these classic adventures over the coming months!

I'm a little snowed this evening but I will get to work on putting your maps on blog posts as soon as I can.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Adventures and Campaigns All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: