The Rancor Pit Forum Index
Welcome to The Rancor Pit forums!

The Rancor Pit Forum Index
FAQ   ::   Search   ::   Memberlist   ::   Usergroups   ::   Register   ::   Profile   ::   Log in to check your private messages   ::   Log in

Dark Horse Clone Wars Characters
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Characters, Droids, and Species -> Dark Horse Clone Wars Characters Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 11, 12, 13  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Xain Arke
Line Captain
Line Captain

PostPosted: Mon Jun 22, 2020 10:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is the last of the Stark Hyperspace War Characters

Plo Koon’s Niece

Sha Koon, Female Kel Dor
Type: Jedi Knight
DEXTERITY 3D+1
Blaster 5D+2, Brawling Parry 6D+2, Dodge 6D+2, Lightsaber 7D+1, Melee Combat 5D+2, Melee Parry 6D+2, Running 5D+2
KNOWLEDGE 3D
Alien Species 5D, Cultures 5D, Languages: Basic 5D, Languages: High Galactic 5D, Languages: Kel Dor 5D, Planetary Systems 5D,
Scholar: Galactic History 5D, Scholar: Jedi Lore 5D, Scholar: The Force 5D, Willpower 5D
MECHANICAL 3D
PERCEPTION 4D
Investigation 6D+1
STRENGTH 2D+2
(A) Acrobatics 2D+1, Brawling 5D, Climbing/Jumping 5D
TECHNICAL 2D
Lightsaber Repair 3D+2
Special Abilities:
Highly Developed Sensory Organs: Kel Dor are naturally gifted with extremely sensitive sensory organs, and at the time of
character creation gain a +1D to their Perception, not to exceed the maximum for their species.
Low Light Vision: Kel Dor can see twice as far as a normal human in poor lighting conditions.
Story Factors:
Atmospheric Dependence: Dorin is a Type III atmosphere world, and all Kel Dor must wear special atmosphere filtering masks
and protective eye wear to survive on Type I worlds. If the mask or eye wear is removed, the Kel Dor will be blind within 5 rounds and
must make a Difficult Strength roll or immediately degenerate to Mortally Wounded status, with each successive roll increasing by one
difficulty level every round thereafter. This continues until the Kel Dor mask is replaced or they are returned to their native atmosphere.
Force Skills:
Control 7D, Sense 8D, Alter 7D
Force Powers:
Control: Concentration, Control Pain, Emptiness, Enhance Attribute, Hibernation Trance
Sense: Danger Sense, Life Detection, Life Sense, Receptive Telepathy, Sense Force
Control and Alter: Control Another’s Pain, Link, Transfer Force
Control and Sense: Farseeing, Lightsaber Combat, Projective Telepathy
Control, Sense and Alter: Affect Mind
This Character is Force-Sensitive
Force Points: 5
Dark Side Points: 1
Character Points: 8
Move: 10
Equipment: Lightsaber (5D, Green), Antiox Mask and Goggles, Jedi Robes

https://starwars.fandom.com/wiki/Sha_Koon

Have I said how much I hate SAGA stats?, I doubly hate SAGA Force Users

Star Wars: Obsession is up next, a single character that may be last one I do for this project. I'll double check the sources I've been
converting from in case I've missed any though.

Last edited by Xain Arke on Sun Jul 12, 2020 4:24 pm; edited 1 time in total
cheshire
Arbiter-General (Moderator)

PostPosted: Tue Jun 23, 2020 12:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Xain Arke wrote:

Have I said how much I hate SAGA stats?, I doubly hate SAGA Force Users

No one blames you there. At least no one who knows both systems and has converted one to the other.
Forceally
Commodore
Commodore

PostPosted: Tue Jun 23, 2020 3:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

One would probably have to convert from Saga to RCRB, and the concert from RCRB to d6.

One problem I have with the conversion process is you lose some of the details or qualifiers in the process. For example, you have the Attuned, Aware, and similar "qualifier" feats, to use my terms. They don't seem to convert well, and you lose the fact that a character is rather adept at using a skill or Force power. Same thing with Skill Emphasis or Telekinetic Savant.

Consider Corran Horn. You look at his Force dice and his powers as listed in d6. Unless you have read the literature or consult the Wook, or it's listed in his stats, you wouldn't know that he's skilled with affect mind, but terrible with telekinesis unless he receives a boost by using absorb/dissipate energy to absorb energy beforehand. In RCRB, he would have Skill emphasis affect mind. In Saga, they have those family tree things that indicate someone from a family, like Antilles, would have a bonus in certain skills.

Correct me if I'm wrong. I believe you did stats for Durge. But what about Asajj Ventress, Tol Skorr, Kadrian Sey, Tholme, and Shefy Tinte? The last 4 were in the Jedi Dooku special.
Xain Arke
Line Captain
Line Captain

PostPosted: Tue Jun 23, 2020 10:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
No one blames you there. At least no one who knows both systems and has converted one to the other.

It sucks so much Mad I can't even wrap my mind around trying to convert FFG stuff to D6. I know Shootingwomprats has done some, so shout out for that effort alone.

Quote:
One would probably have to convert from Saga to RCRB, and the concert from RCRB to d6.

There is a PDF conversion system straight from SAGA to D6, it's pretty useful, but the system itself is the problem. Converting from the D20 system is an easier but still long winded process.

Quote:
One problem I have with the conversion process is you lose some of the details or qualifiers in the process.

True Forceally, but you can get a version of the character that isn't too far off

In the D20 conversion, things like Feats and Force Feats add bonuses to D6 skills and force abilities, so while you don't get the nuance, you get the spirit of

Quote:
Consider Corran Horn. You look at his Force dice and his powers as listed in d6. Unless you have read the literature or consult the Wook, or it's listed in his stats, you wouldn't know that he's skilled with affect mind, but terrible with telekinesis unless he receives a boost by using absorb/dissipate energy to absorb energy beforehand.

I'm sure I've seen a set of stats for Corran that has a Story Factor about his Affect Mind/Telekinesis thing. But I do get your point. It's the issue with any conversions between systems.

Quote:
In Saga, they have those family tree things that indicate someone from a family, like Antilles, would have a bonus in certain skills.

Yeah I think I've seen those. You could probably transfer those over to D6 with just system specific changes

Quote:
Correct me if I'm wrong. I believe you did stats for Durge. But what about Asajj Ventress, Tol Skorr, Kadrian Sey, Tholme, and Shefy Tinte? The last 4 were in the Jedi Dooku special.

I didn't do Durge or Asajj Ventress as they already have D6 stats out there by various people. I'm pretty sure Tol Skorr and Kadrian Sey are in here. Tholme is one of the first ones I did I think. Not sure if I Know Shefy Tinte, is that name correct? I can't find that character on Wookieepedia

Okay I went and looked up thread. Tholme is the first character on page 1, Tol Skorr and Kadrian Sey are both on page 5 if you are looking for them specifically

Edit: I found Shefy Tinte on Wookieepedia under Tinte Voss, will see if there are any D20 stats to convert
Whill
Dark Lord of the Jedi (Owner/Admin)

Location: Columbus, Ohio, USA, Earth, The Solar System, The Milky Way Galaxy

PostPosted: Wed Jun 24, 2020 12:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Xain Arke wrote:
There is a PDF conversion system straight from SAGA to D6, it's pretty useful, but the system itself is the problem.

Could you send me a copy of that, please?
Registration/Log-In Help
The Rancor Pit Library
Star Wars D6 Damage
Xain Arke
Line Captain
Line Captain

PostPosted: Wed Jun 24, 2020 3:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:

Sure...where to?

On a related note, I think I might have got it from this site in the first place, it mentions these forums in the opening blurb bit and
I can't recall another site where I could have found it
Raven Redstar
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Wed Jun 24, 2020 3:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's probably the one that cheshire posted ages ago, which is in the library.
Whill

PostPosted: Wed Jun 24, 2020 6:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Raven Redstar wrote:
It's probably the one that cheshire posted ages ago, which is in the library.

Everything that's in the Library, I put there. I can't find it in my personal files and I have no memory of ever owning this. I just checked the Library again and I do not see it. Was it included in another document and I never noticed? Please tell me what the full document name is or post a link if it is there, because I am missing it.

Xain Arke wrote:
Quote:

Sure...where to?

On a related note, I think I might have got it from this site in the first place, it mentions these forums in the opening blurb bit and
I can't recall another site where I could have found it

If you don't have a safe download link to share here or PM me, you can email the document to forums -at- rancorpit.com please. Thank you.
Registration/Log-In Help
The Rancor Pit Library
Star Wars D6 Damage
Raven Redstar
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Wed Jun 24, 2020 10:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

https://www.rancorpit.com/forums/downloads/Official%20Edition%20Documents/WEG%20to%20WotC%20Conversion.pdf

Is this it?
Xain Arke
Line Captain
Line Captain

PostPosted: Wed Jun 24, 2020 10:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
If you don't have a safe download link to share here or PM me, you can email the document to forums -at- rancorpit.com please. Thank you.

Okay and no problem Smile

Quote:
Is this it?

Nope, not that one. I think that is Non-SAGA D20. The one I have is just tables and text, no pics or other stuff. It's not in the Library as far as I can see.

If it was the forums that I got it from, I guess it was probably a link to a hosting site or something.
Xain Arke
Line Captain
Line Captain

PostPosted: Wed Jun 24, 2020 11:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Character from Star Wars: Obsession

Mr Whippy

Lord Xist, Male Falleen
Type: Black Sun Crime Boss
DEXTERITY 3D
Blaster 6D+1, Brawling Parry 5D+2, Dodge 5D+2, Melee Combat 6D+2, Melee Combat: Vibro-Whip 7D+1, Melee Parry 6D
KNOWLEDGE 3D
Alien Species 7D, Bureaucracy: Black Sun 8D, Business: Black Sun 8D, Cultures 6D, Intimidation 6D+1, Languages 5D, Languages: Basic 5D,
Languages: Falleen 5D, Languages: Old Corellian 5D, Law Enforcement 7D, Streetwise: Black Sun 9D, Value 8D, Willpower 6D+2
MECHANICAL 3D
Repulsorlift Operations 5D+1, Space Transports 5D+1, Starfighter Piloting 5D+1
PERCEPTION 3D+2
Bargain 6D, Command 7D+2, Con 6D, Forgery 5D+2, Gambling 5D+2, Investigation 6D, Persuasion 6D, Search 5D+1
STRENGTH 3D+1
Brawling 5D+1
TECHNICAL 3D
Computer Programming/Repair 5D, Security 5D
Special Abilities:
Amphibious: Falleen can "breathe" water for up to 12 hours. They receive a +1D to any swimming skill checks.
Attraction Pheromones: Exuding special pheromones and changing skin colour, Falleen can increase their persuasion skill +1D, and for each hour
of preparation gain an additional +1D for each hour spend preparing, for a maximum of +3D. The attempt must be made within one hour of preparation.
Story Factors:
Rare: Falleen are rarely seen throughout the galaxy.
Force Points: 1
Dark Side Points: 10
Character Points: 8
Move: 10
Equipment: Vibro-Whip (STR+2D), Heavy Blaster Pistol (5D), Combat Gloves (STR+2), Comlink, Expensive Wardrobe, Cybernetic Implants (Bio-Stabilizer
Implant (Immune to Poisons), Combat Implant (+1 to Resist Damage), Regenerative Implant (make two natural healing rolls per day instead of one)),
Variety of Personal Belongings

https://starwars.fandom.com/wiki/Xist

I'm going to take a final look through the source D20 material in case I missed any other Dark Horse Characters, before calling this done. Though I'll
probably go back and insert a Wookieepedia link for each entry[url][/url]

Last edited by Xain Arke on Tue May 25, 2021 7:51 pm; edited 2 times in total
Whill

PostPosted: Thu Jun 25, 2020 8:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Raven Redstar wrote:
https://www.rancorpit.com/forums/downloads/Official%20Edition%20Documents/WEG%20to%20WotC%20Conversion.pdf

Is this it?

That was in the back of the first WotC RPG core. The purpose of that is to convert WEG characters to WotC. I only added it because it was an official conversion system and I thought might possible be helpful for retro-engineering WotC to D6, but even that would apply even less to the last two edition of WotC. I would really love to actually see a fanmade WotC to WEG conversion "rubric" document, any of the three editions of WotC SW to WEG SW 2e. Saga to D6 was mentioned here. I've asked people for this in the past but it has never been produced.
Registration/Log-In Help
The Rancor Pit Library
Star Wars D6 Damage
Xain Arke
Line Captain
Line Captain

PostPosted: Fri Jun 26, 2020 12:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Saga to D6 was mentioned here. I've asked people for this in the past but it has never been produced.

I definitely have SAGA to D6 Conversion rules Whill, I used them for Lord Xist just above (as well as others) Smile

I'll send it to you when I get a chance.
Whill

PostPosted: Sat Jun 27, 2020 3:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Xain Arke wrote:
I definitely have SAGA to D6 Conversion rules Whill, I used them for Lord Xist just above (as well as others) Smile

I'll send it to you when I get a chance.

Thanks! I appreciate it.
Registration/Log-In Help
The Rancor Pit Library
Star Wars D6 Damage
Xain Arke
Line Captain
Line Captain

PostPosted: Mon Jun 29, 2020 8:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Thanks! I appreciate it.

No problem Whill.

I've send the PDF to the email you provided.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Characters, Droids, and Species All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 11, 12, 13  Next
Page 8 of 13

Jump to: