The Rancor Pit Forum Index
Welcome to The Rancor Pit forums!

The Rancor Pit Forum Index
FAQ   ::   Search   ::   Memberlist   ::   Usergroups   ::   Register   ::   Profile   ::   Log in to check your private messages   ::   Log in

Published Adventure Opening Scrolls
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Tools -> Published Adventure Opening Scrolls Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
The Bissler
Commander
Commander

PostPosted: Wed Jul 29, 2020 7:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Plant (Classic Campaigns)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m0k1sBOICSs
DougRed4
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Wed Jul 29, 2020 1:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

These are awesome! Very Happy

I've done some myself, though just by finding a 'crawl creator' online.

There's one on the official Star Wars page

and another good one I've used is here.

Though both of these are temporary. The ability to cue yours up anytime on YouTube is very cool! Cool
Whill
Dark Lord of the Jedi (Owner/Admin)

Location: Columbus, Ohio, USA, Earth, The Solar System, The Milky Way Galaxy

PostPosted: Wed Jul 29, 2020 3:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DougRed4 wrote:
These are awesome! Very Happy
The ability to cue yours up anytime on YouTube is very cool! Cool

Indeed. Bissler, thanks again for sharing these. I've never run that campaign so it is nice to see these.

DougRed4 wrote:
I've done some myself, though just by finding a 'crawl creator' online.

There's one on the official Star Wars page

and another good one I've used is here.

Though both of these are temporary.

I had an old bookmark saved for the official crawl creator but the old URL doesn't work anymore, and I thought they just did away with the feature. Now I see it is just a different URL. I've resaved it, and the fan creator you shared. Thanks for sharing these.
Registration/Log-In Help
The Rancor Pit Library
Star Wars D6 Damage
The Bissler
Commander
Commander

PostPosted: Wed Jul 29, 2020 3:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cheers Doug, I appreciate the kind words! One day we will get around to playing all of the classic adventures and I can post up scrolls for the lot!

Those links are excellent! If I'd known about those before I'd put this together on iMovie, I'd probably have used them instead! My iMovie is set up the same way as those where I just have to type in the text and the video is done! The exporting of the file and the uploading to Youtube takes about 5 mins so I'm happy sticking with it!

An open invitation to the forum: if anyone wants to provide me with the text for scrolls for published adventures, I'm happy to put the videos up on my youtube channel for everyone's use.
DougRed4
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Wed Jul 29, 2020 6:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks, The Bissler, I may just take you up on that when I get my game (currently on hiatus) back going again!
The Bissler
Commander
Commander

PostPosted: Thu Jul 30, 2020 5:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd be delighted to do so Doug!

Apologies Whill, I hadn't noticed your reply as you posted when I was answering Doug! I'm glad you like them too!
Whill

PostPosted: Fri Jul 31, 2020 1:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Bissler wrote:
I'd be delighted to do so Doug!

Apologies Whill, I hadn't noticed your reply as you posted when I was answering Doug! I'm glad you like them too!

It looks like you may have started typing your reply before I posted my reply. It's all good.
Registration/Log-In Help
The Rancor Pit Library
Star Wars D6 Damage
The Bissler
Commander
Commander

PostPosted: Tue Aug 04, 2020 12:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Rebels of Chayloon Title Scroll

https://youtu.be/vGdSxkCj4_8

Padre's full adventure is available here:

https://rancorpit.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=8021&start=0
The Bissler
Commander
Commander

PostPosted: Thu Sep 10, 2020 4:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Battle of Lorimax Title Scroll.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IKnU78J2lMY&t=4s

Full adventure is available here:

http://thebissler.blogspot.com/2020/09/star-wars-d6-adventure-battle-of-lorimax.html[/url]
The Bissler
Commander
Commander

PostPosted: Thu Sep 10, 2020 4:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Classic Adventures are next up starting with Scavenger Hunt!
The Bissler
Commander
Commander

PostPosted: Fri Sep 11, 2020 5:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Since I'm getting into the classic modules which I think the community might have more use for than some of the previous scrolls, I thought I'd share the proposed wording as and when I come to write these - and allow the community to suggest any improvements that can be made to the text. So, without further ado, here's the proposed scroll for Scavenger Hunt:

Episode X
SCAVENGER HUNT

The Rebel base on planet Dankayo has been devastated by an Imperial orbital bombardment.

Critical information on Rebel operations in neighbouring Sectors has been retrieved from the ruins. The Imperial cargo ship Elusive has been tasked with delivering the data to an ISB facility.

A band of Rebels are in a desperate race to destroy the Elusive before it reaches its destination. If they fail, Rebel operations across the Colonies will be compromised...

I'll be finalising and posting this up to Youtube on Tuesday 15th September, so I'll be locking in the text some time that morning (GMT)!
The Bissler
Commander
Commander

PostPosted: Wed Sep 23, 2020 12:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Scavenger Hunt title scroll now up.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GT6ePXgT8fg
Whill

PostPosted: Wed Sep 23, 2020 6:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Bissler wrote:
Since I'm getting into the classic modules which I think the community might have more use for than some of the previous scrolls, I thought I'd share the proposed wording as and when I come to write these - and allow the community to suggest any improvements that can be made to the text. So, without further ado, here's the proposed scroll for Scavenger Hunt:

Episode X
SCAVENGER HUNT

The Rebel base on planet Dankayo has been devastated by an Imperial orbital bombardment.

Critical information on Rebel operations in neighbouring Sectors has been retrieved from the ruins. The Imperial cargo ship Elusive has been tasked with delivering the data to an ISB facility.

A band of Rebels are in a desperate race to destroy the Elusive before it reaches its destination. If they fail, Rebel operations across the Colonies will be compromised...

Cool. I noticed you changed the wording from what you had posted here. The changes work well except in the last sentence. "If they fail, Rebel operations right across the Colonies will be compromised..." I think the world "all" would be better than "right" there.
Registration/Log-In Help
The Rancor Pit Library
Star Wars D6 Damage
The Bissler
Commander
Commander

PostPosted: Fri Sep 25, 2020 8:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Whill wrote:
The Bissler wrote:

Episode X
SCAVENGER HUNT

Cool. I noticed you changed the wording from what you had posted here. The changes work well except in the last sentence. "If they fail, Rebel operations right across the Colonies will be compromised..." I think the world "all" would be better than "right" there.

Yeah, when there was no response, I assumed there was no interest from the community about the wording and decided to further tweak it. This isn't a whinge btw, it's just a fact that not many other people other than my own group who they're intended for are looking at these. Same applies to the write ups I do for the sessions and game materials I've added for fellow GMs - they're done as a labour of love and not because I think many are interested other than a few (very much appreciated) regulars here; they are the least viewed articles on my blog and wargaming posts regularly bring in ten to twenty times the views. I really would rather it was the other way around, but unfortunately that's the way it is.

I'm leaving it as is because it's a one word change which I don't think matters that much and (similar to my blog posts) most of my channel's subscribers aren't there for the Star Wars RPG; I got a few angry PMs when I kept changing up a title scroll a month or two ago because people were getting multiple notifications about essentially the same video.

I'm more than happy to follow the community's wants and recommendations so would welcome title scrolls for Tatooine Manhunt, Strikeforce Shantipole and Starfall. I'd need the text for Tatooine Manhunt locked down by Tuesday 6th September. I'll have a look at it at the weekend before that and put the text up here beforehand if there's not been any suggestions before then. Cool
Whill

PostPosted: Fri Sep 25, 2020 7:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Some of your YouTube subscribers were mad notifications when you updated a video? Wow. They must not know you can edit your notification settings. I'm sorry you had that experience.
Registration/Log-In Help
The Rancor Pit Library
Star Wars D6 Damage
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Tools All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: