The Rancor Pit Forum Index
Welcome to The Rancor Pit forums!

The Rancor Pit Forum Index
FAQ   ::   Search   ::   Memberlist   ::   Usergroups   ::   Register   ::   Profile   ::   Log in to check your private messages   ::   Log in

Big Droids - Stats?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Characters, Droids, and Species -> Big Droids - Stats?
View previous topic :: View next topic  
The Bissler
Commander
Commander

PostPosted: Mon May 25, 2020 4:49 pm    Post subject: Big Droids - Stats? Reply with quote

The second outlined mission on the Long Shot Campaign called "The Heat of Freedom" mentions that there should be some essentially end of level boss droids, specifically:-

1) "A huge engine maintenance droid aremed with industrial lasers, vibe-blades and grasping mandibles"

2) "The control maintenance droid: a huge, tentacular unit which attempts to grab and squeeze them to death"

I'm not really sure where to start with the stats for these (this is the weak part of my GM game)... Does anyone have any suggestions as to what stats I should give these mechanical monstrosities?
Xain Arke
Line Captain
Line Captain

PostPosted: Mon May 25, 2020 6:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

In general, I don't worry to hard over D6 stats for NPC's, they mostly don't need a full stat block, just the relevant parts that the GM needs.

That said, if you do want full stats for these droids, grab the Droid Stat PDF and the Equipment PDF from the fan made supplements in the
tools section (if you haven't already). Find a droid that is the right sort of size or function, then tweak them with the Droid components from
the Equipment PDF to get what you desire.

Some actual suggestions though, the FIDO droid is basically a bunch of grabby tentacles and there are huge construction droids that might
fit as a base for your other droid, like the GRZ-6B Wrecker Droid

I hope some of this ramble is useful...
Raven Redstar
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Mon May 25, 2020 9:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
GRZ-6B Demolition Droid
Type: Serv-O-Droid GRZ-6B Wrecker Droid
DEXTERITY 2D
KNOWLEDGE 1D
Scholar: technology 4D
MECHANICAL 1D
PERCEPTION 1D
Search 4D
STRENGTH 8D
TECHNICAL 1D
Demolitions 4D
Equipped With:
-Two hydrolical legs
-Two heavy manipulator arms
-Layered durasteel plating (+2D physical, +1D
energy)
-Industrial-grade plasma torch (7D damage, left
palm)
-Laser cutter (5D damage, right palm)
-Shearing maw (STR+2D damage)
-Internal fusion furnace
-Handheld remote commander
-Integrated comlink
Move: 6
Size: 6 meters tall
Cost: 43,650
Source: Threats of the Galaxy (page 144)

Found the droid he was talking about. This is what I was picturing when I read the description. Maybe just remove the furnace.

Edit:
There's also the Salvager Droid on page 49 of the Converted clone wars Campaign guide. All you'd have to do is pull a few of the laser cutters from the demo droid and some vibroblade arms you've got your pincer droid with cutting lasers and blades.
The Bissler
Commander
Commander

PostPosted: Tue May 26, 2020 11:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I clearly haven't looked around here enough - thanks Xain for bringing those fan made supplements to my attention, they look fantastic!

And thank you Raven, that is wonderful! I'll look for that Clone Wars Campaign Guide!

The community here is brilliant, thanks everyone for being so helpful and patient with this forum noob!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Characters, Droids, and Species All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: