The Rancor Pit Forum Index
Welcome to The Rancor Pit forums!

The Rancor Pit Forum Index
FAQ   ::   Search   ::   Memberlist   ::   Usergroups   ::   Register   ::   Profile   ::   Log in to check your private messages   ::   Log in

What if the sequel trilogy had been good?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> General Star Wars -> What if the sequel trilogy had been good? Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
View previous topic :: View next topic  
DougRed4
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Fri Sep 03, 2021 6:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Whill wrote:
Or to give him a major role in The Mandolorian Seasons 2+. Probably too late for 2, I think filming wrapped on it right before lockdown.

When RotJ was filmed, Hamill was 30 playing a 23 year old Luke, so he was already old then. That was 38 years ago, but The Mandalorian is only set a few years after RotJ. Would you like to see Luke with a CGed younger face and someone else's slimmer body, like in the brief dark flashback in TRoS? I don't see that happening, nor would I want to. It wouldn't be that much Hamill. Sometimes it's better to let the past die.

Reading through this thread now, it's really interesting how prophetic this ended up being, with the de-aging process they used on Luke (in The Mandalorian). The latest 'The Gallery' explained how they even used computer programs to make Hamill's voice much younger.

With technology evolving as fast as it is, they actually could use older actors like this more (not saying that's always a great idea, just that it is now possible). If you've seen the DeepFake version of Luke (and LFL hired that person), you know how realistic-looking they can make things.
Whill
Dark Lord of the Jedi (Owner/Admin)

Location: Columbus, Ohio, USA, Earth, The Solar System, The Milky Way Galaxy

PostPosted: Sat Sep 04, 2021 12:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had forgotten about that. It was definitely better that Luke was saved only for Deus Ex Skywalker at the end and taking Grogu than it would have been for Luke to have had a major role in the season. And it is just freaking sad that DeepFake can make a better young Luke (and Tarkin and Leia in Rogue One) than LIM could. I'm very glad they hired that guy, especially if they are going to have a show about a younger Luke.
Registration/Log-In Help
The Rancor Pit Library
Star Wars D6 Damage
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> General Star Wars All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Page 4 of 4

Jump to: