The Rancor Pit Forum Index
Welcome to The Rancor Pit forums!

The Rancor Pit Forum Index
FAQ   ::   Search   ::   Memberlist   ::   Usergroups   ::   Register   ::   Profile   ::   Log in to check your private messages   ::   Log in

(d20) Conversion Therapy
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Characters, Droids, and Species -> (d20) Conversion Therapy Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 43, 44, 45  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Xain Arke
Line Captain
Line Captain

PostPosted: Wed Aug 12, 2020 8:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can’t Mock or Pun This Guy

[Senator] Garm Bel Iblis, Male Human
Type: Republic Senator for Corellia
DEXTERITY 3D
Blaster 6D+2, Brawling Parry 4D, Dodge 6D, Melee Combat 4D+2, Melee Parry 4D
KNOWLEDGE 4D
Alien Species 6D, Bureaucracy 7D, Business 7D, Cultures 6D+2, Intimidation 4D+2, Languages 5D, Languages: Basic 5D,
Languages: Old Corellian 5D, Law Enforcement 5D, Law Enforcement: Old Republic Law 6D+2, Planetary Systems 5D,
Planetary Systems: Corellia 6D+1, Streetwise 4D+2, Value 5D, Willpower 7D
MECHANICAL 3D
Astrogation 4D, Beast Riding 5D, Communications 5D, Ground Vehicle Operation 5D, Repulsorlift Operation 5D, Sensors 4D+2,
Space Transports 4D+2, Starfighter Piloting 4D, Starship Gunnery 4D+2, Starship Shields 4D+2
PERCEPTION 4D
Bargain 8D, Command 7D, Con 5D, Gambling 6D, Hide 5D, Investigation 5D, Persuasion 7D, Persuasion: Debate 8D+1,
Persuasion: Oration 8D+1, Search 5D
STRENGTH 2D
Brawling 4D, Climbing/Jumping 3D, Lifting 3D, Stamina 4D+2, Swimming 4D
TECHNICAL 2D
Computer Programming/Repair 5D+2, Droid Programming 3D, Droid Repair 3D, First Aid 4D, Ground Vehicle Repair 4D,
Repulsorlift Repair 4D, Security 4D, Starship Repair 4D
Force Points: 1
Dark Side Points: 0
Character Points: 15
Move: 10
Size: 1.75 meters
Equipment: Sporting Blaster (3D+2), Fine Corellian Clothes, Comlink, Datapad

I converted this guy from D20...then compared to his D6 stats and realised they were way off. So this set of stats is sort of
mostly a hybrid between the D6 Thrawn Sourcebook ones with D20 conversion tweaks

https://starwars.fandom.com/wiki/Garm_Bel_Iblis
Forceally
Commodore
Commodore

PostPosted: Wed Aug 12, 2020 10:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

In cases like this, when you have someone with d6 stats from an official sourcebook, I wouldn't bother with converting from d20 for the most part. Use the d6 stats as a starting point. Then increase or decrease the skills accordingly to fit the appropriate timeframe. Creating stats for a character at an earlier timeframe is harder because the established d6 stats put caps on how high the skills can be.

Creating stats for a later time is easier because you have no such constraints. And this is the only time where d20 conversions might be useful as it could introduce new skills the character hasn't learned. And in the case of Force users new powers.
Xain Arke
Line Captain
Line Captain

PostPosted: Thu Aug 13, 2020 5:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
In cases like this, when you have someone with d6 stats from an official sourcebook, I wouldn't bother with converting from d20 for the most part. Use the d6 stats as a starting point. Then increase or decrease the skills accordingly to fit the appropriate timeframe. Creating stats for a character at an earlier timeframe is harder because the established d6 stats put caps on how high the skills can be.

I mostly agree Forceally, especially about the imposed limits from existing characters in earlier timeframes. The rule I've been working from
is to just do the D20 conversion anyway, then see what changes need to be made. Mostly this works fine with just small tweaks, but in this case
it required much more alteration.

Quote:
Creating stats for a later time is easier because you have no such constraints. And this is the only time where d20 conversions might be useful as it could introduce new skills the character hasn't learned. And in the case of Force users new powers.

Yep. Most of the characters I've been doing are ones that have no D6 stats yet, I've skipped a lot of conversions because I found existing
stats on here, RPGGamer or on other sites.
Forceally
Commodore
Commodore

PostPosted: Thu Aug 13, 2020 10:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree that the stats here should be given highest credence. Next is the now broken and semi defunct SWRPGNetwork.

RPG gamer I've visited in the past. The stats that I have vague recollection of - they're listing skills that aren't in the REUP book, like diplomacy which should actually be persuasion: negotiation, or the die codes are ridiculous. I don't give that site much credence.
Xain Arke
Line Captain
Line Captain

PostPosted: Thu Aug 13, 2020 11:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
I agree that the stats here should be given highest credence. Next is the now broken and semi defunct SWRPGNetwork.

SWRPGNetwork semi-defunct? It's basically dead isn't it? Last time I went to see if it was still there my computer had to fight off an
attack of some kind. It's a shame as I loved that site.

Quote:
RPG gamer I've visited in the past. The stats that I have vague recollection of - they're listing skills that aren't in the REUP book, like diplomacy which should actually be persuasion: negotiation, or the die codes are ridiculous. I don't give that site much credence.

I politely disagree. I like the site and the majority of the stats are great, Freddy also has a bunch of stats that aren't found anywhere
else...but each to their own

Life would be dull if we all agreed all the time Smile
Xain Arke
Line Captain
Line Captain

PostPosted: Thu Aug 13, 2020 11:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Outbound Fight

Kinman Doriana, Male Human
Type: Chief Aide to the Supreme Chancellor
DEXTERITY 2D+2
Blaster 6D, Brawling Parry 5D+1, Dodge 5D+1, Melee Combat 5D+1, Melee Parry 5D+1, Pick Pocket 5D
KNOWLEDGE 3D+2
Bureaucracy 7D+1, Intimidation 9D, Languages 5D, Planetary Systems: Barlok 6D+1, Planetary Systems: Chiss Ascendancy 6D+1,
Planetary Systems: Chommel Sector 6D+1, Planetary Systems: Coruscant 6D+1, Planetary Systems: Prackla Sector 6D+1, Scholar:
Galactic Politics 7D+1, Scholar: Technology 6D+1, Tactics 7D+1, Value 6D+1, Willpower 9D+1
MECHANICAL 3D
Communications 7D+2, Sensors 7D+2
PERCEPTION 3D+2
Con 9D, Con: Disguise 10D+2, Forgery 6D+2, Hide 6D+2, Investigation 9D+1, Persuasion 9D, Search 9D+2, Sneak 7D+1
STRENGTH 2D
TECHNICAL 3D
Computer Programming/Repair 7D+2, Droid Repair 6D+1, Security 7D+2
Dark Side Points: 7
Character Points: 15
Equipment: Comlink, Datapad, Secure Holotranceiver (to Darth Sidious)

This guy is supposed to have been Palaptine's first 'Hand' or at least a sort of prototype...apparently

https://starwars.fandom.com/wiki/Kinman_Doriana

Last edited by Xain Arke on Mon Jun 28, 2021 6:02 pm; edited 1 time in total
woodspirit73
Cadet
Cadet

PostPosted: Fri Aug 14, 2020 6:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
I politely disagree. I like the site and the majority of the stats are great, Freddy also has a bunch of stats that aren't found anywhere
else...but each to their own

Life would be dull if we all agreed all the time

I agree with you Xain - Freddy has worked his way hard through all of the old Marvel comics and has currently finished the Tales of the Jedi series which I love. He posts every couple of days so it's great to have continuous stat updates. I like to view from afar and have been appreciative of everything that has been posted on this site (Telsji's stuff too!) and SWRPG Gamer so far - keep it coming and a huge thank you to all.
Xain Arke
Line Captain
Line Captain

PostPosted: Fri Aug 14, 2020 7:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
I agree with you Xain - Freddy has worked his way hard through all of the old Marvel comics and has currently finished the Tales of the Jedi series which I love. He posts every couple of days so it's great to have continuous stat updates.

Yeah, the Marvel star wars and Tales of the Jedi stuff has been great over there Smile . I was especially glad that Crado and Sylvar got some D6 stats.

His Clone Wars stuff was great too.

Even though the Sequel trilogy wasn't to my liking, I still enjoyed his take on the character stats from them and the Resistance Cartoon

Quote:
I like to view from afar and have been appreciative of everything that has been posted on this site (Telsji's stuff too!) and SWRPG Gamer so far - keep it coming and a huge thank you to all.

I too like to view from afar on most forums, so I'm greatful that you took the time to make this post woodspirit73 and I'm glad you are
finding stuff here to keep you entertained/interested

I'm a huge fan of Telsji's stuff too, so many weird and awesome characters in his obscure character archive Smile
Whill
Dark Lord of the Jedi (Owner/Admin)

Location: Columbus, Ohio, USA, Earth, The Solar System, The Milky Way Galaxy

PostPosted: Fri Aug 14, 2020 6:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

woodspirit73 wrote:
I agree with you Xain - Freddy has worked his way hard through all of the old Marvel comics and has currently finished the Tales of the Jedi series which I love. He posts every couple of days so it's great to have continuous stat updates. I like to view from afar and have been appreciative of everything that has been posted on this site (Telsji's stuff too!) and SWRPG Gamer so far - keep it coming and a huge thank you to all.

Welcome to the Pit, woodspirit73!
Registration/Log-In Help
The Rancor Pit Library
Star Wars D6 Damage
Xain Arke
Line Captain
Line Captain

PostPosted: Fri Aug 14, 2020 9:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Spin Doctor

Mar Rugeyan, Male Human
Type: Head of Senate Public Affairs
DEXTERITY 2D+1
Blaster 4D, Brawling Parry 4D, Dodge 4D, Melee Combat 4D, Melee Parry 4D
KNOWLEDGE 3D+2
Bureaucracy 7D, Business 6D+2, Intimidation 8D+1, Languages 5D, Planetary Systems: Coruscant 7D, Scholar: Galactic Politics 7D+1,
Streetwise 7D+2, Willpower 7D
MECHANICAL 3D
Communications 6D+1, Sensors 6D+1
PERCEPTION 3D+2
Con 8D, Investigation 9D, Persuasion 8D, Persuasion: Oration 9D+1, Persuasion: Storytelling 9D+2
STRENGTH 2D
TECHNICAL 3D+1
Computer Programming/Repair 6D+2
Dark Side Points: 1
Character Points: 8
Equipment: Comlink, Datapad, Expensive Wardrobe, Hover-Cam

This character is from Omega Squad: Targets and Republic Commando: Triple Zero...apparently

https://starwars.fandom.com/wiki/Mar_Rugeyan
Xain Arke
Line Captain
Line Captain

PostPosted: Sat Aug 15, 2020 1:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Senator for Szechwan?

[Senator] Shayla Paige-Tarkin, Female Human
Type: Republic Senator for the Seswenna Sector
DEXTERITY 2D+1
Blaster 5D, Brawling Parry 4D+2, Dodge 4D+2, Melee Combat 4D+2, Melee Parry 4D+2
KNOWLEDGE 3D+2
Bureaucracy 7D+2, Business 6D+1, Intimidation 5D+2, Languages 6D+1, Languages: Bothese 5D, Languages: Cerean 5D,
Languages: Durese 5D, Languages: Ithorese 5D, Languages: Kaminoan 5D, Languages: Mon Calamarian 5D, Languages: Ryl 5D,
Languages: Sullustese 5D, Planetary Systems: Coruscant 7D+2, Planetary Systems: Eriadu 9D+2, Planetary Systems: Seswenna
Sector 8D+1, Scholar: Galactic Politics 7D, Scholar: Galactic Senate 7D+2, Value 5D+2, Willpower 8D+1
MECHANICAL 2D+2
Communications 4D+2, Sensors 4D+2
PERCEPTION 3D+2
Con 9D, Investigation 8D+2, Persuasion 10D+2
STRENGTH 2D+1
TECHNICAL 3D+1
Computer Programming/Repair 5D+1
Force Points: 2
Character Points: 8
Equipment: Comlink, Datapad, Various Expensive Sets of Clothing.

I didn't add her PER to her Persuasion skill as it's pretty high already.

https://starwars.fandom.com/wiki/Shayla_Paige-Tarkin

She's is the last of the Senate Characters, some Separatists up next
Xain Arke
Line Captain
Line Captain

PostPosted: Sun Aug 16, 2020 12:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Some Separatist Characters

Shadow Fed Holo-Nut?

[Vice-Chairman] Lo Vapeet, Male Muun
Type: InterGalactic Banking Clan Vice-Chairman of Communication
DEXTERITY 2D
Blaster 3D+1, Brawling Parry 3D+1, Dodge 3D+1, Melee Combat 3D, Melee Parry 3D+1
KNOWLEDGE 3D+2
Bureaucracy 6D+1, Business 7D+1, Intimidation 5D+1, Languages 5D, Languages: Basic 5D, Languages: Muun 5D,
Scholar: Galactic Politics 6D, Scholar: InterGalactic Banking Clan 7D+1, Value 6D+1
MECHANICAL 2D+2
Communications 4D+2, Sensors 4D+2
PERCEPTION 4D
Con 8D, Persuasion 9D+1, Persuasion: Oration 10D+1
STRENGTH 2D
TECHNICAL 3D+2
Computer Programming/Repair 5D+2
Special Abilities:
Businessmen: At character creation only, Muun characters get 1D for every pip added to value, bureaucracy or business.
Additionally, they get a +1D bonus to bargain rolls.
Character Points: 5
Equipment: InterGalactic Banking Clan Robes, Comlink, Datapad

https://starwars.fandom.com/wiki/Lo_Vapeet
Xain Arke
Line Captain
Line Captain

PostPosted: Mon Aug 17, 2020 11:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A-Maze-ingly Deceptive

Kos, Male Muun
Type: InterGalactic Banking Clan Vice-chairman of Galactic Accounts
DEXTERITY 2D
Blaster 4D, Brawling Parry 3D, Dodge 3D, Melee Combat 2D+2, Melee Parry 3D
KNOWLEDGE 4D
Bureaucracy 6D+1, Business 7D+1, Intimidation 5D, Languages 5D+1, Languages: Basic 5D, Languages: Muun 5D,
Scholar: InterGalactic Banking Clan 6D+2, Streetwise 4D+2, Value 6D+2
MECHANICAL 3D
Communications 5D, Sensors 5D
PERCEPTION 3D+1
Con 4D+2, Investigation 5D+2, Persuasion 6D
STRENGTH 2D
TECHNICAL 3D+2
Computer Programming/Repair 5D+2
Special Abilities:
Businessmen: At character creation only, Muun characters get 1D for every pip added to value, bureaucracy or business.
Equipment: InterGalactic Banking Clan Robes, Comlink, Datapad

https://starwars.fandom.com/wiki/Kos
Xain Arke
Line Captain
Line Captain

PostPosted: Wed Aug 19, 2020 4:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Something Shifty About Him…

Nuri, Male Clawdite
Type: Con Artist
DEXTERITY 4D
Blaster 7D, Brawling Parry 6D, Dodge 6D, Melee Parry 6D, Pick Pockets 5D+2
KNOWLEDGE 2D+2
Alien Species 5D+1, Languages 4D, Languages: Basic 5D, Languages: Clawdite 5D
MECHANICAL 3D+1
Communications 7D+1, Sensors 7D+1
PERCEPTION 3D
Con 9D, Con: Disguise 10D+1, Hide 6D+1, Investigation 8D, Persuasion 3D+1, Persuasion: Storytelling 8D+1, Search 5D+2,
(A) Shapeshift 3D
STRENGTH 2D
TECHNICAL 3D
Computer Programming/Repair 7D+2, Security 5D+2
Special Skills:
Perception: Shapeshift (A): Some Clawdites have developed their skin-changing talents to a greater degree, allowing them to
change the length, colour, shape, and texture of their hair, as well as the coloration of their eyes. This fine control can even be
used to alter specific portions of the Clawdite's body. This skill counts as an Advanced skill, with a prerequisite of the Con: Disguise
skill specialization at 5D or greater. The Shapeshift skill adds its dice to any Con: Disguise die rolls made to imitate a member
of a different humanoid species.
Special Abilities:
Skin-Changer: Clawdites are able to change the colour, texture, and shape of their skins, allowing a Clawdite to mimic that of
another humanoid species of the same general physical shape. This does not allow Clawdites to generate extra limbs or other
appendages, but they are able to imitate the texture and patterns of skin-tight clothing. The transformation is quite painful, and
the skin-changer will revert to its normal form if stunned, unconscious, dying, or dead.
Dark Side Points: 5
Equipment: Blaster Pistol (4D), Comlink, Datapad

https://starwars.fandom.com/wiki/Nuri
Xain Arke
Line Captain
Line Captain

PostPosted: Wed Aug 19, 2020 6:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pours Tonic?

Pors Tonith, Male Muun
Type: Intergalactic Baking Clan Fleet Admiral
DEXTERITY 2D+1
Blaster 5D, Blaster: Blaster Rifles 6D, Brawling Parry 5D+2, Dodge 5D+2, Melee Combat 5D, Melee Parry 5D+2
KNOWLEDGE 3D+2
Bureaucracy 10D, Business 10D+2, Intimidation 9D, Languages 5D, Languages: Basic 5D, Languages: Muun 5D, Scholar: Geography 7D,
Scholar: Technology 8D, Tactics 11D+1, Value 7D+1, Willpower 14D+2
MECHANICAL 3D+1
Astrogation 8D+2, Capital Ship Piloting 9D, Capital Ship Gunnery 7D+2, Capital Ship Shields 7D+2, Communications 8D,
Repulsorlift Operations 7D+2, Sensors 8D
PERCEPTION 3D
Con 8D+2, Investigation 7D, Persuasion 5D+2, Search 8D+1
STRENGTH 1D+2
TECHNICAL 4D
Computer Programming/Repair 8D+2
Special Abilities:
Dark Side Points: 3
Size: Over 2 meters
Equipment: InterGalactic Banking Clan Robes, Comlink, Datapad, Dianogan Tea

This guy is a little overpowered in the Knowledge skill department, his Willpower is especially insane. If I was going to use this guy in a
game, I would probably take his KNO attribute off of his skills

https://starwars.fandom.com/wiki/Pors_Tonith/Legends

This is the last of the current Separatist Characters, some Hutts are up next
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Characters, Droids, and Species All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 43, 44, 45  Next
Page 3 of 45

Jump to: