The Rancor Pit Forum Index
Welcome to The Rancor Pit forums!

The Rancor Pit Forum Index
FAQ   ::   Search   ::   Memberlist   ::   Usergroups   ::   Register   ::   Profile   ::   Log in to check your private messages   ::   Log in

(d20) Conversion Therapy
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Characters, Droids, and Species -> (d20) Conversion Therapy Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 22, 23, 24 ... 43, 44, 45  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Xain Arke
Line Captain
Line Captain

PostPosted: Fri Jan 29, 2021 7:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is He From Hyboria?

Raynar Thul, Male Human (WOTC)
Type: Jedi Knight (Consular)
DEXTERITY 3D
Blaster 5D, Brawling Parry 5D, Dodge 5D+2, Lightsaber 5D+1, Melee Combat 3D+2, Melee Parry 5D
KNOWLEDGE 3D+2
Aliens Species 4D, Bureaucracy 4D+2, Business 6D+2, Cultures 4D, Languages 5D, Languages: Basic 5D,
Languages: Shyriiwook (Understand Only) 5D, Planetary Systems 4D, Scholar: Jedi Lore 5D+1, Survival:
Yavin Four 4D, Value 4D+2, Willpower 6D
MECHANICAL 2D+2
Beast Riding 3D, Communications 3D+2, Sensors 3D+2, Space Transports 3D+1
PERCEPTION 3D+1
Bargain 5D, Hide 4D+1, Investigation 5D+1, Persuasion 4D, Search 5D+2, Sneak 3D+2
STRENGTH 2D+2
Climbing/Jumping 3D+1, Swimming 3D+2
TECHNICAL 2D+2
Computer Programming/Repair 3D+2, First Aid 3D+1, Lightsaber Repair 4D+1
Special Abilities:
Control 3D+1, Sense 3D, Alter 3D+1
Force Powers:
Control: Accelerate Healing, Concentration, Control Pain, Emptiness, Enhance Attribute, Hibernation Trance
Sense: Danger Sense, Life Detection, Life Sense, Magnify Senses, Receptive Telepathy, Sense Force, Sense
Force Potential
Control and Sense: Lightsaber Combat
Control, Sense and Alter: Affect Mind
This Character is Force-Sensitive
Force Points: 3
Dark Side Points: 0
Character Points: 7
Move: 10
Equipment: Lightsaber (5D), Blaster Pistol (4D), Jedi Robes

Hybrid conversion between the D20 NJO stats and the D6 stats from Young Jedi Knights that I found online.
He could probably use a boost to his Force Skills as they are probably a little low, maybe add +1D or +2D
to each skill if you are going to use him

https://starwars.fandom.com/wiki/Raynar_Thul
Xain Arke
Line Captain
Line Captain

PostPosted: Fri Jan 29, 2021 7:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Back on Monday for more of the NJO characters...there are tons of these guys Shocked
Xain Arke
Line Captain
Line Captain

PostPosted: Mon Feb 01, 2021 9:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ciao Bela…Crying or Very sad

Bela Hara, Female Barabel (WOTC)
DEXTERITY 3D+2
Blaster 6D, Brawling Parry 6D, Dodge 6D, Lightsaber 6D+1, Melee Combat 4D+1, Melee Parry 6D, Thrown Weapons 4D+1
KNOWLEDGE 2D+1
Intimidation 3D+1, Languages 3D+2, Languages: Barabel 5D, Languages: Basic 5D, Scholar: Jedi Lore 3D, Willpower 6D
MECHANICAL 3D
Communications 3D+2, Repulsorlift Operations 4D+2, Sensors 3D+2, Starfighter Piloting 5D+1, Starship Gunnery 4D+2,
Starship Shields 4D+2
PERCEPTION 2D+2
STRENGTH 4D
Brawling: Claws & Teeth 8D+1
TECHNICAL 2D+1
Computer Programming/Repair 3D, First Aid 3D+2, Lightsaber Repair 4D
Special Abilities:
Natural Body Armor: The black scales of the Barabel act as armour, providing a +2D bonus against physical attacks,
and a +1D bonus against energy attacks.
Radiation Resistance: Because of the proximity of their homeworld to its sun, the Barabel have evolved a natural resistance
to most forms of radiation. They receive a +2D bonus when defending against the effects of radiation.
Vision: Barabels can see infrared radiation, giving them the ability to see in compete darkness, provided there are heat
differentials in the environment.
Story Factors:
Jedi Respect: Barabels have a deep respect for Jedi Knights, even though they have little aptitude for sensing the Force.
They will almost always yield to the commands of a Jedi Knight (or a being that represents itself believably as a Jedi).
Naturally, they are enemies of the enemies of Jedi (or those who impersonate Jedi).
Reputation: Barabels are reputed to be fierce warriors and great hunters, and they are often feared. Those who know
of them almost always steer clear of them.
Force Skills:
Control 3D, Sense 2D+1, Alter 2D+1
Force Powers:
Control: Accelerate Healing, Concentration, Control Pain, Emptiness, Enhance Attribute, Force of Will, Hibernation Trance
Sense: Combat Sense, Danger Sense, Life Detection, Life Sense, Receptive Telepathy, Sense Force
Control and Sense: Lightsaber Combat, Projective Telepathy
Dark Side Points: 2
Character Points: 6
Equipment: Lightsaber (5D), Blaster Pistol (4D), Jedi Robes, Damaged Y-Wing Starfighter

Like a lot of these D20 NJO Jedi characters, straight conversion gives her quite low Force Skills. I’d probably go ahead
and add the obligatory +1D or +2D to each skill if I was going to use her in a game.

https://starwars.fandom.com/wiki/Bela_Hara
Xain Arke
Line Captain
Line Captain

PostPosted: Tue Feb 02, 2021 8:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Barabel’s Are Russian?

Krasov Hara, Female Barabel (WOTC)
DEXTERITY 3D+1
Blaster 5D+2, Brawling Parry 5D+2, Dodge 5D+2, Lightsaber 6D, Melee Combat 4D, Melee Parry 5D+2, Thrown Weapons 4D
KNOWLEDGE 2D+1
Intimidation 4D, Languages 3D+2, Languages: Barabel 5D, Languages: Basic 5D, Scholar: Jedi Lore 3D, Willpower 5D
MECHANICAL 3D
Communications 3D+2, Repulsorlift Operations 5D+2, Sensors 3D+2, Starfighter Piloting 7D, Starship Gunnery 5D+2,
Starship Shields 5D+2
PERCEPTION 2D+2
STRENGTH 4D+1
Brawling: Claws & Teeth 8D+2
TECHNICAL 2D+1
Computer Programming/Repair 3D, Lightsaber Repair 3D
Special Abilities:
Natural Body Armor: The black scales of the Barabel act as armour, providing a +2D bonus against physical attacks,
Radiation Resistance: Because of the proximity of their homeworld to its sun, the Barabel have evolved a natural resistance
to most forms of radiation. They receive a +2D bonus when defending against the effects of radiation.
Vision: Barabels can see infrared radiation, giving them the ability to see in compete darkness, provided there are heat
Story Factors:
Jedi Respect: Barabels have a deep respect for Jedi Knights, even though they have little aptitude for sensing the Force.
They will almost always yield to the commands of a Jedi Knight (or a being that represents itself believably as a Jedi).
Naturally, they are enemies of the enemies of Jedi (or those who impersonate Jedi).
Reputation: Barabels are reputed to be fierce warriors and great hunters, and they are often feared. Those who know
Force Skills:
Control 2D+1, Sense 2D+2, Alter 2D
Force Powers:
Control: Concentration, Emptiness, Enhance Attribute, Force of Will, Hibernation Trance
Sense: Combat Sense, Danger Sense, Life Detection, Life Sense, Receptive Telepathy, Sense Force, Sense Force Potential
Dark Side Points: 1
Move: 11
Equipment: Lightsaber (5D), Blaster Pistol (4D), Jedi Robes, Y-Wing Starfighter (Damaged)

Another one of the straight conversions with low Force Skills. Again, I’d probably go ahead and add the obligatory +1D or
+2D to each skill if I was going to use her in a game.

https://starwars.fandom.com/wiki/Krasov_Hara
Xain Arke
Line Captain
Line Captain

PostPosted: Wed Feb 03, 2021 11:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Barabel vs Lakaru

Tesar Sebatyne, Male Barabel (WOTC)
DEXTERITY 3D
Blaster 5D+1, Brawling Parry 5D+1, Dodge 5D+1, Lightsaber 7D, Melee Combat 5D+1, Melee Parry 5D+1
KNOWLEDGE 2D+1
Intimidation 5D+2, Languages 4D+2, Languages: Barabel 5D, Languages: Basic 5D, Scholar: Jedi Lore 6D, Willpower 5D
MECHANICAL 2D+1
Communications 3D, Repulsorlift Operations 5D, Sensors 3D, Space Transports 5D, Starfighter Piloting 6D+1, Starship Gunnery 5D,
Starship Shields 5D
PERCEPTION 2D+1
Hide 3D+1
STRENGTH 4D
Brawling 7D, Brawling: Claws & Teeth 8D+2, Climbing/jumping 6D+2, Stamina 8D
TECHNICAL 2D+1
Computer Programming/Repair 3D, Lightsaber Repair 6D+2, Starfighter Repair 5D+2
Special Abilities:
Natural Body Armour: The black scales of the Barabel act as armour, providing a +2D bonus against physical attacks,
Story Factors:
Force Skills:
Control 5D+1, Sense 3D+2, Alter 3D
Force Powers:
Control: Accelerate Healing, Concentration, Emptiness, Enhance Attribute, Force of Will, Hibernation Trance
Sense: Combat Sense, Danger Sense, Life Detection, Receptive Telepathy, Sense Force
Control, Sense and Alter: Battle Meditation
Dark Side Points: 1
Move: 11
Equipment: Lightsaber (5D), Blaster Pistol (4D), Jedi Robes, Y-Wing Starfighter (Damaged)

Hybrid conversion of mainly the D20 New Jedi Order stat block with some assist from the D6 Legacy of the Force stats.
I don't think this guy's Force Skills are that low, but you could possibly add +1D to Sense and Alter if you want.

https://starwars.fandom.com/wiki/Tesar_Sebatyne
Telsij
Captain
Captain

PostPosted: Thu Feb 04, 2021 1:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Xain Arke wrote:
Barabel’s Are Russian?

I mean, there's the saying "Built like a Russian tank" right? Barabels are likewise tough as heck, so why not!?! Beyond the name, Krasov might as well be! Razz

ALSO: Thank you for all of your ongoing WotC conversions and commentary, Xain Arke! As someone who last saw NJO characters long, long ago in the rear view mirror, I'm glad to see all of this Legends/EU material that's rarely referenced otherwise, get statted up!

OBSCURE CHARACTER ARCHIVE INDEX

Xain Arke
Line Captain
Line Captain

PostPosted: Thu Feb 04, 2021 8:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
I mean, there's the saying "Built like a Russian tank" right? Barabels are likewise tough as heck, so why not!?! Beyond the name, Krasov might as well be! Razz

Heh, good point Very Happy

Quote:
ALSO: Thank you for all of your ongoing WotC conversions and commentary, Xain Arke! As someone who last saw NJO characters long, long ago in the rear view mirror, I'm glad to see all of this Legends/EU material that's rarely referenced otherwise, get statted up!

Thanks so much Telsij...I would say sorry for the stupid gags, but I'm not sorry Very Happy

Honestly, I've read hardly any of the NJO and I didn't like them very much. The conversions though are therapeutic and also
I love the D20 and SAGA sourcebook conversions that the great folks on this site and others put out, but the characters were
missing (and honestly I can see why) so I thought I'd fix that.

I'm also feeding back into the site in return for all the resources I've taken out, including your awesome obscure characters...
and that Baloo Very Happy
Xain Arke
Line Captain
Line Captain

PostPosted: Thu Feb 04, 2021 8:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Heali

Tekli, Female Chadra-Fan (WOTC)
DEXTERITY 3D+2
Blaster 5D+2, Brawling Parry 5D+1, Dodge 5D+1, Lightsaber 4D+2, Melee Combat 4D+1, Melee Parry 5D+1
KNOWLEDGE 3D
Languages 4D+1, Languages: Basic 5D, Languages: Chadra-Fan 5D, Scholar: Jedi Lore 4D+2, Willpower 4D+1
MECHANICAL 3D+1
Communications 4D+1, Sensors 4D+1
PERCEPTION 3D+1
Investigation 4D+1, Persuasion 5D, Search 5D
STRENGTH 1D+1
TECHNICAL 3D+1
Computer Programming/Repair 4D+1, Droid Repair 4D+1, First Aid 8D, Lightsaber Repair 5D, (A) Medicine 4D,
Space Transports Repair 4D+1, Starfighter Repair 4D+1
Special Abilities:
Sight: The Chadra-Fan have the ability to see in the infrared and ultraviolet ranges, allowing them to see in all
conditions short of absolute darkness.
Smell: The Chadra-Fan have extremely sensitive smelling which gives them a +2D bonus to their search skill.
Story Factors:
Tinkerers: Any mechanical device left within reach of a Chadra-Fan has the potential to be disassembled and
then reconstructed. However, it is not likely that the reconstructed device will have the same function as the
original. Most droids will develop a pathological fear of Chadra-Fan.
Force Skills:
Control 4D+2, Sense 3D+1, Alter 3D+2
Force Powers:
Control: Accelerate Healing, Control Pain, Emptiness, Enhance Attribute, Force of Will, Hibernation Trance
Sense: Life Detection, Life Sense, Receptive Telepathy, Sense Force, Sense Force Potential
Control and Alter: Accelerate Another's Healing, Control Another's Pain, Enhance Another’s Attribute
Control and Sense: Projective Telepathy
Control, Sense and Alter: Affect Mind
Dark Side Points: 0
Character Points: 5
Move: 5
Size: 1 meter
Equipment: Lightsaber (5D), Blaster Pistol (4D), Jedi Robes, Multiple Medpacs.

Tekli is the apprentice of Cilghal

Straight conversion from the D20 NJO stat block with a few other skills added for completeness. It didn’t list
what repair skills she had, just that she had the repair skill, so I gave her Droid and Starship repair ones. Her
Force Skills are low like many other Jedi conversions here, but for this character it works as she is not supposed
to be very strong in the Force.

https://starwars.fandom.com/wiki/Tekli
Xain Arke
Line Captain
Line Captain

PostPosted: Thu Feb 04, 2021 8:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Working on another conversion but I can't find a D6 version of the D20 Force Feat Summon storm.
Does anyone know of one or a suitable replacement?
Forceally
Commodore
Commodore

PostPosted: Thu Feb 04, 2021 8:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The now extinct Rebellion website listed create Force storm as a d6 conversion for Summon Storm. However, that's the power Palpatine used in Dark Empire to attack the Rebel fleet and to bring Luke to him on Byss. Far different scale than what the description of Summon Storm says.

Because of that, I created control weather for my work. Use that instead.

BTW, the conversion for the NJO - they are as of Star by Star, right? Since that's as far as the NJOSB went. Maybe they should have done New Jedi Order Sourcebook Part II or something like that.
Xain Arke
Line Captain
Line Captain

PostPosted: Thu Feb 04, 2021 8:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, Create Force Storm is definitely not the right power for Summon Storm

Oh, I saw Control Weather power in your Force Sourcebook, but I skipped it because it didn't sound like the right power.
I'll take a closer look at that, thanks Forceally Smile

I'm using your updated version by the way, but I haven't had a chance to compare the differences yet.

Quote:
BTW, the conversion for the NJO - they are as of Star by Star, right? Since that's as far as the NJOSB went.

Yes, I believe that is correct.

Quote:
Maybe they should have done New Jedi Order Sourcebook Part II or something like that.

Yeah, they should have, but maybe they switched to SAGA before it could be done and lost the license before they could redo it?
Forceally
Commodore
Commodore

PostPosted: Thu Feb 04, 2021 9:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

IIRC, that was the last book WotC made before AotC came out and WotC decided to revamp the rules, adding more feats and skills and whatnot. Thus the Revised Core Rulebook came out, and with it Power of the Jedi, Coruscant and the Core Worlds, etc. before they switched to the Saga rules.
Xain Arke
Line Captain
Line Captain

PostPosted: Thu Feb 04, 2021 9:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh man, I completely forgot about that Revised Edition Shocked

Thanks for the correction/reminder Forceally
Xain Arke
Line Captain
Line Captain

PostPosted: Fri Feb 05, 2021 7:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Seafood?

Welk, Male Human (WOTC)
Type: Dark Jedi (Guardian)
DEXTERITY 3D+2
Blaster 6D+2, Brawling Parry 6D+1, Dodge 7D, Lightsaber 5D+1, Melee Combat 4D+1, Melee Parry 6D+1
KNOWLEDGE 2D+1
Intimidation 3D+2, Languages 3D+2, Languages: Basic 5D
MECHANICAL 3D
Repulsorlift Operations 5D, Space Transports 5D+2, Starship Gunnery 5D, Starship Shields 5D
PERCEPTION 2D+2
STRENGTH 3D+2
Brawling 7D, Climbing/Jumping 6D+1
TECHNICAL 2D+2
Special Abilities:
Force Skills:
Control 6D, Sense 4D+2, Alter 5D
Force Powers:
Control: Accelerate Healing, Concentration, Control Pain, Emptiness, Enhance Attribute, Hibernation Trance
Sense: Combat Sense, Danger Sense, Life Detection, Life Sense, Magnify Senses, Receptive Telepathy, Sense Force, Sense Force Potential
Control and Alter: Inflict Pain
Control and Sense: Farseeing, Lightsaber Combat, Projective Telepathy
Sense and Alter: Dim Others Senses
Control, Sense and Alter: Affect Mind, Control Mind, Memory Wipe, Telekinetic Kill
Force Points: 2
Dark Side Points: 6
Character Points: 8
Equipment: Blaster Pistol (4D), Civilian Clothing

This is pretty much a straight conversion from the D20 NJO sourcebook, I just increased a couple of his Force Skills as it said in the
Wookieepedia entry that he easily strangled a Voxyn and wiped the minds of an entire Jedi strike team, which were less likely with
his base converted stats. Added +2D to his Sense and Alter skills, his Control remains unchanged.

https://starwars.fandom.com/wiki/Welk
Xain Arke
Line Captain
Line Captain

PostPosted: Fri Feb 05, 2021 7:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Back on Monday with the last few NJO conversions
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Characters, Droids, and Species All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 22, 23, 24 ... 43, 44, 45  Next
Page 23 of 45

Jump to: