The Rancor Pit Forum Index
Welcome to The Rancor Pit forums!

The Rancor Pit Forum Index
FAQ   ::   Search   ::   Memberlist   ::   Usergroups   ::   Register   ::   Profile   ::   Log in to check your private messages   ::   Log in

How often do you play Star Wars RPG?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Gamemasters -> How often do you play Star Wars RPG? Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Trusty
Commander
Commander

PostPosted: Mon Aug 08, 2005 5:41 pm    Post subject: How often do you play Star Wars RPG? Reply with quote

We play once a week.
Darth_Kjeran
Sub-Lieutenant
Sub-Lieutenant

PostPosted: Mon Aug 08, 2005 7:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chello!

Once a week here as well!

Tony
Boomer
Captain
Captain

PostPosted: Mon Aug 08, 2005 10:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am playing right now!

Once a week.
to finance my 'vette!
Jedi Knight Jael Weiss
Ensign
Ensign

PostPosted: Mon Aug 08, 2005 11:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's hard for me to get my group together on a regular basis, so unfortunately we only play about once every two months.

Jael...
Tahlorn
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

PostPosted: Tue Aug 09, 2005 12:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Once a week as well. Our group can meet only one day a week due to our schedules, so we all meet up on Friday and game, be it Star Wars or other systems (usually Jadeclaw). We sometimes don't meet due to schedule conflicts, but we can usually meet consistantly.
K_Feldspar
Sub-Lieutenant
Sub-Lieutenant

PostPosted: Tue Aug 09, 2005 1:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Every other week. As the GM it's hard for me to come up with enough high quality material playing more often.
Gry Sarth
Jedi

PostPosted: Tue Aug 09, 2005 1:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lately we've been gaming about once, twice a month.

With the exception of last week, when me played for 4 days in a row, only stopping to eat and sleep (and guess what our dreams were about?).

Unfortunately, yet another member of our group is going away to live in Europe, leaving only me and one more here, so it seems the glory days of RPG have come to an end...........................................................................................

A sincere Crying or Very sad

Oh well.... we had a good 10 years run.....................
Orgaloth
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Tue Aug 09, 2005 1:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not often enough. My GM is currently in Montreal and won't be back in Australia for another 6 months.

"You know, sometimes I amaze even myself."
Du Cass' Dream
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Morpheus Grifullkin
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

PostPosted: Tue Aug 09, 2005 3:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Every saturdays starting at 9 pm Central time, Sometimes on week days when i'm at a friends house. but all that is going to change when august 18th comes rolling in.

School!...
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
garhkal
Sovereign Protector
Sovereign Protector

PostPosted: Tue Aug 09, 2005 6:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

There was a time i was playing 4-5 games (different systems) a week. The first 2 of the 3 years i was in london, i had a group for AD&D monday, Starwasr tues, werewolf/vampire thurs, Ad&d again saturday and sunday was a second sw game (if it ran).... Then it dried up. All 4 groups 'disbanded' for reasons, vcaring from people moving oiut, to getting jobs, to 1 group just up and quiting gaming. No idea why either.

Since then, and while i have been here in guam, my only gaming is at Origns and Gencon....
KageRyu
Commodore
Commodore

PostPosted: Tue Aug 09, 2005 3:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My group tries to meet once a week as well. All three of us. Once these three are more familiar and confident with the D6 system, and roleplaying, we will probably look into adding a 4th.

In my hayday though, I gamed maybe 5-6 times a week. There were 2 seperate groups of about 6 people each, and half the people in each group GMed something. There were 2 Star Wars games, a shadowrun game, 2 Mekton II games, a Robotech game, 3 D&D games, A Call Of Cthulu game, a Rifts game, and 3 old DC Heros game (the Mayfair Games incarnation), and 3 Heros Unlimited. Those were the days...
I myself was responsible for 1 Star Wars, 1 Mekton II, Robotech, Rifts Call Of Cthulu, 1 DC Heros, and 1 Heros Unlimited. I usually ran 2 games a week myself, and would alternate which games based on my mood.
scott2978
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

PostPosted: Thu Sep 08, 2005 7:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm 35, and at my age the number of people you can find to role play with who are in your legue is pretty slim. In my hayday of my early twenties I was in the US Army in Germany, and because we were so far away from everything we knew role playing was a popular pastime even for non-rpg types. We would game every single day of the week at the house of a married Sergeant who lived off the base. Guys from several units on the base would show up for the game, and at times we had over twenty players in the one game. When Desert Storm happened, we packed up our Player's Handbooks and a set of dice and took our D&D game with us to Iraq. I remember fun times when guys that were in our usual weekend game who were in other units would drive in a Humvee or in an APC over to Captain Ingram's tank where we had a tarp set up off one side of the tank like a lean-to. We set up a little table right there next to the tank and role played with people coming and going from the game as they went on guard duty or other responsibilities. We had medics, mechanics, tank drivers... all NCO's and enlisted men. That was a glorious time, let me tell you.

Now, I game with guys that were my age when I was a tank gunner in Iraq, rolling my 20 sider on a stack of MRE boxes under a tarp hung off the side of an M1A1 tank, sitting in the middle of nowhere in the desert somewhere between Kuwait and Baghdad. We all get together once a week like clockwork. I've been lucky in that these guys are true gamers who would rather be gaming than doing anything else. Some of them game a lot more than once a week, with other groups. Now that I'm an old fart with lots of responsibilities I have less time to kick back and do what I want, but I would let everything else go to hell before I'd skip the weekly game.
garhkal
Sovereign Protector
Sovereign Protector

PostPosted: Fri Sep 09, 2005 5:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, unfortunatly, due to the gaming situation here in guam, i only get to play at the cons. But that may be stopping.
Jamfke
Admiral
Admiral

PostPosted: Fri Sep 09, 2005 1:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you are only counting face to face, sit down and pass the Doritos, playing, I haven't done that in a while now.

Have you tried Play By Post (PBP)? We've got one game going right now, and due to popular demand, I'm thinking that I'll be starting another one soon for those that can't get online with the rest of the crew at the same time.
Jedi Skyler
Moff
Moff

PostPosted: Fri Sep 09, 2005 4:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm with Jamfke there, although it's probably been longer for a sit-down game for me than for him. I'd call it at least six or seven years. I've continued my favorite characters in a story thread form on an ezboard site, but haven't actually used them in a 10packTacosToGoAndACaseOfCokeGoingAllNightAndIntoTheWeeHours for WAY too long. Come to think of it, the last time I actually picked up the dice and ran my characters was while I was in the Army. Yeah, that was definitely a good place for gaming; barracks life can be REAL boring, especially when you're stuck in them, married, with your family over two thousand miles away. I hear what Scott was saying LOUD AND CLEAR!

I tell ya what,though: I'm FIRST for signing up for this new PBP Jamfke's starting up, though! Very Happy
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Gamemasters All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: