The Rancor Pit Forum Index
Welcome to The Rancor Pit forums!

The Rancor Pit Forum Index
FAQ   ::   Search   ::   Memberlist   ::   Usergroups   ::   Register   ::   Profile   ::   Log in to check your private messages   ::   Log in

Rodian Ships?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> General Star Wars -> Rodian Ships?
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Daemoro
Cadet
Cadet

PostPosted: Tue Sep 01, 2020 4:55 pm    Post subject: Rodian Ships? Reply with quote

I've done a search here and on Google but my search skills are coming up empty.

Is anyone aware of star ships that are specific to Rodia? Produced there? Primarily used by Rodians?

The only thing I could come up with was something called the "Home Fleet" but nothing specific about the ships in it.

Thanks,

I was once told "If you continue with this attitude you will find yourself ostracized." I replied "I don't know what that means.... but it doesn't sound fun for me OR the ostrich."
MrNexx
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Tue Sep 01, 2020 6:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't know of anything, but I imagine that, like a lot of species well-integrated into galactic society, and roughly in the 1.5-2m tall range of humanoids, they tend to use things that are more or less on par with everyone else. The Rodian "Z-95 Headhunter" won't be called a Z-95 Headhunter, necessarily, but it will be statistically equivalent.
Yora
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

PostPosted: Tue Sep 01, 2020 7:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rodia is also a pretty primitive world compared to most. They do have some pretty modern starports were ships from other world land, but the rest of the planet is mostly wilderness with fairly simple technology.
I don't think Rodia has any facilities to build ships. What ships they have are bought from other worlds.

Iridium Moons Retro-futuristic Space Opera
Whill
Dark Lord of the Jedi (Owner/Admin)

Location: Columbus, Ohio, USA, Earth, The Solar System, The Milky Way Galaxy

PostPosted: Tue Sep 01, 2020 8:57 pm    Post subject: Re: Rodian Ships? Reply with quote

Daemoro, welcome to the Pit!
Registration/Log-In Help
The Rancor Pit Library
Star Wars D6 Damage
CRMcNeill
Director of Engineering
Director of Engineering

Location: Redding System, California Sector, on the I-5 Hyperspace Route.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 01, 2020 9:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think the systems that can actually afford to build their own "type" of ships are going to be few and far between. Most systems will end up buying ships from those systems, with wealthier worlds being able to custom design their own ships to varying degrees. The others will be buying "stock" warship designs of varying degrees of sophistication, others will be buying Clone Wars surplus, and so on and so forth. Rodia will most likely fall into the latter category.

The CRMcNeill Stat/Rule Index
ThrorII
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

PostPosted: Tue Sep 01, 2020 10:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MrNexx wrote:
I don't know of anything, but I imagine that, like a lot of species well-integrated into galactic society, and roughly in the 1.5-2m tall range of humanoids, they tend to use things that are more or less on par with everyone else. The Rodian "Z-95 Headhunter" won't be called a Z-95 Headhunter, necessarily, but it will be statistically equivalent.

This. I think you could argue that in an interrelated galactic economy such as depicted in SW, many non-core worlds (or at least Outer Rim worlds) don't manufacture their own starship, or have starship manufacturing facilities.

Much like how the EU and Arab world purchases U.S. fighter planes and commercial aircraft, Rodia might only purchase from Kuat Drive Yards and such.
MrNexx
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Tue Sep 01, 2020 10:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ThrorII wrote:
MrNexx wrote:

This. I think you could argue that in an interrelated galactic economy such as depicted in SW, many non-core worlds (or at least Outer Rim worlds) don't manufacture their own starship, or have starship manufacturing facilities.

Much like how the EU and Arab world purchases U.S. fighter planes and commercial aircraft, Rodia might only purchase from Kuat Drive Yards and such.

Even if Rodia does have a couple drive yards, I might also liken it to Kuat Drive Yards making the equivalent of a Toyota Camry, while Rodia makes the Hyundai Elantra... completely comparable vehicles.
Daemoro
Cadet
Cadet

PostPosted: Wed Sep 02, 2020 10:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks everyone for the replies!

This is a great community.

I was once told "If you continue with this attitude you will find yourself ostracized." I replied "I don't know what that means.... but it doesn't sound fun for me OR the ostrich."
RyanDarkstar
Commander
Commander

PostPosted: Wed Sep 02, 2020 5:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Back in Star Wars Galaxies, this was called a "Rodian Shuttle."

Below is from ArtStation, Greedo's Ship [click for page]

Neither are official, but they are in my game.
TauntaunScout
Line Captain
Line Captain

PostPosted: Fri Nov 13, 2020 1:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Technology seems to cluster around certain centers of production. In the middle ages, most armor was made in Italy and Germany with other areas able to repair, maintain, and tailor armor but not make very much of it from scratch. Nowadays, most cars and planes are made in a handful of places. Rodia (and most cultures/planets) probably doesn't have it's own kind of ships. But, maybe that could be the adventure hook in your next campaign. Make 'em up. It's a roleplaying game.
Whill
Dark Lord of the Jedi (Owner/Admin)

Location: Columbus, Ohio, USA, Earth, The Solar System, The Milky Way Galaxy

PostPosted: Fri Nov 13, 2020 9:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yep. Another possibility is that Rodia subcontracted ship construction, and call the products "Rodian".
Registration/Log-In Help
The Rancor Pit Library
Star Wars D6 Damage
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> General Star Wars All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: