The Rancor Pit Forum Index
Welcome to The Rancor Pit forums!

The Rancor Pit Forum Index
FAQ   ::   Search   ::   Memberlist   ::   Usergroups   ::   Register   ::   Profile   ::   Log in to check your private messages   ::   Log in

GM for Hire - Adventure and Campaign Play Available
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Gaming Groups -> GM for Hire - Adventure and Campaign Play Available
View previous topic :: View next topic  
The Bissler
Commander
Commander

PostPosted: Mon Oct 19, 2020 7:11 pm    Post subject: GM for Hire - Adventure and Campaign Play Available Reply with quote

Hi all,

I'm taking my first steps into the larger world of professional GMing and am available to run online games for your group!

I'm based in the UK and will try to accommodate players wherever they are based, but weekends may be better for arranging sessions across time zones with friends across the globe!

For anyone who hasn't spotted my Green Vipers thread, I've been running games for 33 year and I've run over 20 sessions of Star Wars this year alone. I previously ran a mostly home-brew 50+ session campaign a few years ago. Whether it's classic West End Games Adventures or a campaign written for your own group, I'd like to think I'd be able to provide a fun and entertaining experience!

Please check out the linked post below - it hopefully explains things a little better, and you maybe get a sense of who I am by watching the video! I also recommend having a look at my Green Vipers posts which contain write ups of my group's recent adventures!

http://thebissler.blogspot.com/2020/10/gm-for-hire-star-wars.htm

Please do not hesitate to contact me if you have any questions!

Thanks for reading!
Raven Redstar
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Tue Oct 20, 2020 3:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If my internet would allow for it, I'd give this a shot: it can't. Embarassed I hope you find some takers Bissler!
The Bissler
Commander
Commander

PostPosted: Tue Oct 20, 2020 3:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Raven, I appreciate the kind words! I'd be delighted to host a game for you if internet issues one day permit it! Smile
Mamatried
Commodore
Commodore

PostPosted: Tue Oct 20, 2020 8:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There is always both discord and roll20 and other platforms. I ahve been playing over discord, and with the dice bot there adapted to d6 I found that to be great.

is also good with the channles where we can put out information and such.
RP Sheets and more.

I am naturally game if you find anyone
The Bissler
Commander
Commander

PostPosted: Wed Oct 21, 2020 5:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mamatried wrote:
There is always both discord and roll20 and other platforms. I ahve been playing over discord, and with the dice bot there adapted to d6 I found that to be great.

is also good with the channles where we can put out information and such.
RP Sheets and more.

I am naturally game if you find anyone

Wonderful, thank you Mamatried! Hopefully we can arrange something if others express an interest!

Yes, it's Discord I'll be using for voice chat and in-game images while Roll20 will be the platform for the maps, tokens, dice-rolling - and the soundtrack!
Whill
Dark Lord of the Jedi (Owner/Admin)

Location: Columbus, Ohio, USA, Earth, The Solar System, The Milky Way Galaxy

PostPosted: Wed Oct 21, 2020 7:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Bissler wrote:
Yes, it's Discord I'll be using for voice chat and in-game images while Roll20 will be the platform for the maps, tokens, dice-rolling - and the soundtrack!

I'm such a low-tech GM. [Old man waving finger at whippersnappers] "Back in my day, we walked 20 miles up hill in snow to meet in person to play RPGs on a table top. And we liked it! Get off my lawn!" Cool

But internet gaming was already the wave of the future until the pandemic made it the way of the here and now. This is the Way. Right now, this grognard nostalgically looks back at a lifetime of a group of people around a table in one room playing games, but I realize that once I go back to gaming with more than my own immediate family members, it will likely be internet gaming. I'm sure I will adapt in time. I'm just not looking forward to adding technical problems to the large list of things that can already negatively impact game night. But I guess online gaming can eliminate some problems like geographical distance and transportation issues.
Registration/Log-In Help
The Rancor Pit Library
Star Wars D6 Damage
The Bissler
Commander
Commander

PostPosted: Sat Oct 24, 2020 6:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Whill wrote:
The Bissler wrote:

I'm such a low-tech GM. [Old man waving finger at whippersnappers] "Back in my day, we walked 20 miles up hill in snow to meet in person to play RPGs on a table top. And we liked it! Get off my lawn!" Cool

But internet gaming was already the wave of the future until the pandemic made it the way of the here and now. This is the Way. Right now, this grognard nostalgically looks back at a lifetime of a group of people around a table in one room playing games, but I realize that once I go back to gaming with more than my own immediate family members, it will likely be internet gaming. I'm sure I will adapt in time. I'm just not looking forward to adding technical problems to the large list of things that can already negatively impact game night. But I guess online gaming can eliminate some problems like geographical distance and transportation issues.

Apologies for not replying sooner Whill, I've been extremely busy working on videos and also rereading rules for the old Games Workshop Judge Dredd the Roleplaying Game system as I've just got my first GM commission!

Ha! I have a lot of sympathy for your feelings on this topic! Until the recent pandemic, my gaming (with a few occasional exceptions) was face to face. Because old school group gaming isn't a viable option until a vaccine is found, online has become a necessity and I've gotten used to it. I definitely miss seeing players' faces - and you can miss some subtle roleplaying as a result - but there are pros to online play as well as cons. A great thing is that the dice roller on Roll20 adds the dice up as you roll them - a lot of time was spent players adding up their dice totals and now that's instantaneous, it speeds play considerably. The maps which can have fog of war and scale included are great play aids as well, and save me having to use a printer and carry bags of minis around with me all the time. In some ways it means you can be even more comfortable during play as I know some of my players say it means they can lie out while gaming (I personally prefer to sit at a desk, but each to their own)!
Mamatried
Commodore
Commodore

PostPosted: Sat Oct 24, 2020 7:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Bissler wrote:
Whill wrote:
The Bissler wrote:

Apologies for not replying sooner Whill, I've been extremely busy working on videos and also rereading rules for the old Games Workshop Judge Dredd the Roleplaying Game system as I've just got my first GM commission!

Ha! I have a lot of sympathy for your feelings on this topic! Until the recent pandemic, my gaming (with a few occasional exceptions) was face to face. Because old school group gaming isn't a viable option until a vaccine is found, online has become a necessity and I've gotten used to it. I definitely miss seeing players' faces - and you can miss some subtle roleplaying as a result - but there are pros to online play as well as cons. A great thing is that the dice roller on Roll20 adds the dice up as you roll them - a lot of time was spent players adding up their dice totals and now that's instantaneous, it speeds play considerably. The maps which can have fog of war and scale included are great play aids as well, and save me having to use a printer and carry bags of minis around with me all the time. In some ways it means you can be even more comfortable during play as I know some of my players say it means they can lie out while gaming (I personally prefer to sit at a desk, but each to their own)!

Vhile not face to face , At least the discord server I am currently on, and we need more people there, actually can support camera, and while not face to face it is still s something when adding in voice
The Bissler
Commander
Commander

PostPosted: Sun Oct 25, 2020 7:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mamatried wrote:
Vhile not face to face , At least the discord server I am currently on, and we need more people there, actually can support camera, and while not face to face it is still s something when adding in voice

We did try video on Google Hangouts but didn't feel it was that stable - it might be a completely different story on Discord of course!

I've had someone approach me on Discord expressing interest, so with a few more players* perhaps something can be arranged here! I'll keep you posted Mamatried!

*4 players is the minimum I'd want for a group, with a maximum of 6 players.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Gaming Groups All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: