The Rancor Pit Forum Index
Welcome to The Rancor Pit forums!

The Rancor Pit Forum Index
FAQ   ::   Search   ::   Memberlist   ::   Usergroups   ::   Register   ::   Profile   ::   Log in to check your private messages   ::   Log in

Map resources
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Tools -> Map resources Goto page Previous  1, 2
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Antilles
Sub-Lieutenant
Sub-Lieutenant

PostPosted: Wed Feb 10, 2021 12:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Straxus wrote:
I recently started using Dungeon Draft. It's primarily focused on fantasy settings, but you can get some add-ons for more sci-fi/modern looks. It's very intuitive and easy to use.

Copy that. Someone else have recommended me DungeonDraft, saying it is better than Dungeon Painter Studio. I will take a look on it. And I have been told that you can make your own "tile sets". So it should not be too complicated to "export" that one to Dungeon Draft.

I will say something more on this when I buy Dungeon Draft and try it. Smile
Antilles
Sub-Lieutenant
Sub-Lieutenant

PostPosted: Fri Feb 12, 2021 8:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Update: I have bought and tried DungeonDraft. There is no doubt that is too much easier (and faster) to use than Dungeon Painter Studio. Very intuitive.

Now the difficult part: doing the custom Star Wars asset. When I have it done (I hope in a few weeks), I will share it here for you all. Very Happy

Thank you for the recommendation.
Straxus
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

PostPosted: Tue Mar 02, 2021 7:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Update: I have bought and tried DungeonDraft. There is no doubt that is too much easier (and faster) to use than Dungeon Painter Studio. Very intuitive.

Now the difficult part: doing the custom Star Wars asset. When I have it done (I hope in a few weeks), I will share it here for you all.

Oh wow! Looking forward to this Very Happy
Glad to hear you're happy with Dungeondraft!
Antilles
Sub-Lieutenant
Sub-Lieutenant

PostPosted: Sat Mar 06, 2021 9:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi again!

I had no time to try to create a WonderDraft tileset with all the objects. There is a ton of them. But I have "collected" almost all images and I'm preparing the folders.

I wish I had a couple of free days to begin with that! Sad
DougRed4
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Tue Mar 09, 2021 4:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Those maps and tiles are awesome, RyanDarkstar!

Dinger, nice to see a fellow D6 SW player so close to home. I'm in the Alderwood area.
Antilles
Sub-Lieutenant
Sub-Lieutenant

PostPosted: Mon Jun 21, 2021 8:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok. It has been months since I said I would make a tileset for DungeonDraft. Unfortunately I had not enough time even to begin with that Sad Real life duties...

--->But<---- But I share here with you all the tileset for Dungeon Painter Studio, that it is available in Steam Workshop. Link to Tileset: https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=2079743610

Also, I share here the gallery of all the maps I have made (using that tileset) for my group of players in their adventures in a galaxy far far away... Link: https://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198162396480/images/

It is not "complete", but you can do a lot of things. Smile
Whill
Dark Lord of the Jedi (Owner/Admin)

Location: Columbus, Ohio, USA, Earth, The Solar System, The Milky Way Galaxy

PostPosted: Mon Jun 21, 2021 4:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for sharing your work.
Registration/Log-In Help
The Rancor Pit Library
Star Wars D6 Damage
Antilles
Sub-Lieutenant
Sub-Lieutenant

PostPosted: Mon Jun 21, 2021 5:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Whill wrote:
Thanks for sharing your work.

I'm glad to share it! Smile

It is still WIP, but someday... Hope you all find it useful.
cheshire
Arbiter-General (Moderator)

PostPosted: Tue Jun 22, 2021 9:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh my gosh, that's crazy! Great work! I had no idea you could make custom maps like these.
Antilles
Sub-Lieutenant
Sub-Lieutenant

PostPosted: Tue Jun 22, 2021 6:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DPS is a good tool: there is a ton of stuff in Steam Workshop which helps a lot with terrain, walls, etc...

In comparison, DungeonDraft seems to give a "better finish", but exporting my Star Wars tileset to DungeonDraft will take me a lot of work: I hadn't even begun (I have only tested a bit this and that) because the program is not friendly in what refers making your own custom asset pack for creating maps.

The main problem with Dungeon Painter Studio is that is a bit "old fashioned", and you cannot do always what you have in mind (scaling and aspect ratio when you import images is a true pain). But, in general terms, it is very intuitive: with some practice, you can do a lot of things. Smile

If any of you want some maps without the characters I had put in them ( I put them there to show my group where they were and that things) I can search a couple of hours to render the images and share it with you all.

Some of the maps are "suitable" for official adventures: Alderaan Graveyard, Tatooine Manhunt and Strike Force: Shantipole. They are not perfect (sometimes I vary minor aspects and the scale is far from perfect); but if you find it useful, it can be done Smile
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Tools All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: