The Rancor Pit Forum Index
Welcome to The Rancor Pit forums!

The Rancor Pit Forum Index
FAQ   ::   Search   ::   Memberlist   ::   Usergroups   ::   Register   ::   Profile   ::   Log in to check your private messages   ::   Log in

Quick and Dirty Mandalorians
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Characters, Droids, and Species -> Quick and Dirty Mandalorians
View previous topic :: View next topic  
shootingwomprats
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Mon Feb 01, 2021 3:41 pm    Post subject: Quick and Dirty Mandalorians Reply with quote

On the Discord server last week there was a bit of talk about playing Mandalorians.

As typically comes up is the discussion of EU or new cannon.

Expanded Universe
WEG never released stats for the Mandalorians as a species. EU information states that the original Mandalorian species died out hundreds of years ago. That current Mandalorians are cultural and not a species.

New Canon including TCW
State Mandalorians are humans.

So I came up with a quick and dirty write-up for the species. It creates human Mandalorian, but if you want to create a cultural Mandalorian as a character, add the Special Abilities and Story Factors to your character.

Quote:
Mandalorian, Human
Homeworld: Mandalore
Attribute Dice: 12D
DEXTERITY 2D/4D
KNOWLEDGE 2D/4D
MECHANICAL 2D/4D
PERCEPTION 2D/4D
STRENGTH 2D/4D
TECHNICAL 2D/4D
Special Abilities:

-- Warriors: The Mandalorian culture values strength, cunning and readiness for combat. At character creation only, mandalorian characters receive an extra 2D to spend on warrior-related skills.
Story Factors:
-- Feared: The Mandalorians have a history as warriors going back a thousand years and more. Many are the tales told of these merciless warriors (+1D modifier to intimidation skill checks).
-- Honor: To a Mandalorian, honor is life. The strict code of the Mandalorian philosophy must always be followed. Canny and determined fghters, willing to protect their family/clan honor or cause, sometimes refusing to surrender even in the face of certain defeat.
-- Clan Bonds: Mandalorians have a strong emotional and societal obligation towards their family and clan.
Move: 10/12
Size: 1.7 meters tall
Equipment: Basic bes'kar armor (2D vs damage), jetpack, 2 blaster pistols or a blaster rifle.

Typical Mandalorian: all stats 2D except for: Dexterity 3D, blaster 4D, dodge 4D, melee combat 3D+2, missile weapons 3D+2, culture: mandalorian 3D+2, survival 2D+2, willpower 2D+2, Mechanical 2D+1, repulosorlift operation 3D, jetpack 3D+1, Strength 2D+2, Brawling 3D+2, Blaster repair 2D+2, equipment repair 2D+2. SQ: Feared (+1D intimidation). Character Points: 5. Move: 10. Equipment: Bes'kar armor (+2D vs damage), jetpack, blaster rifle (5D).

I am quite happy with this. There are some who feel Mandalorians are physical baddasses, but I think it has more to do with their training, culture, and skill emphasis.
http://d6holocron.com/shootingwomprats
@swd6podcast, Twitter

Last edited by shootingwomprats on Mon Feb 01, 2021 9:56 pm; edited 2 times in total
DougRed4
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Mon Feb 01, 2021 5:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nicely done, shootingwomprats!

I've got a PC who plays a Mandalorian, but I don't recall if we did anything different for him.
RyanDarkstar
Commander
Commander

PostPosted: Mon Feb 01, 2021 7:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice and simple. I like it.
Xain Arke
Line Captain
Line Captain

PostPosted: Mon Feb 01, 2021 9:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh, cool. I think you've done a great job of nodding to a bunch of Mandalorian lore and cultural quirks from a mix of stuff
into a few small paragraphs.

You have a small typo on the homeworld bit though. Unless Disney has altered the spelling, Mandalore is missing its E.
shootingwomprats
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Mon Feb 01, 2021 9:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Xain Arke wrote:
Oh, cool. I think you've done a great job of nodding to a bunch of Mandalorian lore and cultural quirks from a mix of stuff
into a few small paragraphs.

Thank you. The idea is to present the important items as well as the roleplayable items in a small concise write-up with mechanics as applicable. It sometimes takes quite awhile to preen it down.

Xain Arke wrote:
You have a small typo on the homeworld bit though. Unless Disney has altered the spelling, Mandalore is missing its E.

So noted, and corrected. Thank you.
http://d6holocron.com/shootingwomprats
@swd6podcast, Twitter
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Characters, Droids, and Species All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: