The Rancor Pit Forum Index
Welcome to The Rancor Pit forums!

The Rancor Pit Forum Index
FAQ   ::   Search   ::   Memberlist   ::   Usergroups   ::   Register   ::   Profile   ::   Log in to check your private messages   ::   Log in

Splinter of the Mind's Eye Sourcebook
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Tools -> Splinter of the Mind's Eye Sourcebook
View previous topic :: View next topic  
shootingwomprats
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Thu Feb 25, 2021 2:12 pm    Post subject: Splinter of the Mind's Eye Sourcebook Reply with quote

Working on the Splinter of the Mind's Eye sourcebook and I was curious, has anyone created mechanics or stats for:

Force Deflection
Kaiburr Crystal
Kinitite
Lake Spirit of Mimban
http://d6holocron.com/shootingwomprats
@swd6podcast, Twitter
Forceally
Commodore
Commodore

PostPosted: Thu Feb 25, 2021 7:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You can check my work The Force Compendium for the kinetite power and any other Force powers that might be necessary.
shootingwomprats
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Thu Feb 25, 2021 7:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Forceally wrote:
You can check my work The Force Compendium for the kinetite power and any other Force powers that might be necessary.

I did a word search of the document and did not find either Force power.

Correction: I did an index search and found Kinetite, apparently it was mispelled on my end. I was able to find Deflect Energy and Deflect Force. Not sure which one Luke used.

Are there mechanics for a Force Ghost taking over a host?
@swd6podcast, Twitter
Xain Arke
Line Captain
Line Captain

PostPosted: Thu Feb 25, 2021 8:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:

I think there were some rules for Dark side Spirits possessing people on the Rebellion site before it went away. There is a Wayback archive of the site I think
Forceally
Commodore
Commodore

PostPosted: Thu Feb 25, 2021 11:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

shootingwomprats wrote:
Forceally wrote:

I did a word search of the document and did not find either Force power.

Correction: I did an index search and found Kinetite, apparently it was mispelled on my end. I was able to find Deflect Energy and Deflect Force. Not sure which one Luke used.

Sounds similar to how Luke took control of Jacen to fend off against that battle hydra in Champions of the Force. I just attribute it to telekinetic manipulation and enhance another's attribute.
shootingwomprats
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Fri Feb 26, 2021 12:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Forceally wrote:
Sounds similar to how Luke took control of Jacen to fend off against that battle hydra in Champions of the Force. I just attribute it to telekinetic manipulation and enhance another's attribute.

In this case, I have not read the section, Luke is taking on Darth Vader in a lightsaber battle. He is hurt, but through the power of the Force he fights on (using some Force power to ignore the injury). I am unclear, but I believe Luke either knows he cannot win and calls on Ben to help who takes over his body and fights Vader. Probably using his skill and Force skills to fight Vader until he is exhausted and leaves this mortal realm.

I feel as though it has to be some power not yet created as Luke's skills are half of Vader's, being in the 5D range and Vader in the 10D range. He would get whacked. But, if Obi Wan were to fight him it would be about equal, until he has to leave. Again, I really need to skip and read that section.

Any ideas on the kaibur crystal?
@swd6podcast, Twitter
Xain Arke
Line Captain
Line Captain

PostPosted: Fri Feb 26, 2021 9:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

From the now defunct Rebellion site Rebellion Era Sourebook conversion

Kaiburr Crystal (RES, sidebar, page 84)
Kaiburr crystal stores Force points, which can be used by a Force-user that takes possession of it. Each crystal stores five Force points,
and these Force points can only be used to increase rolls made to employ Force powers. As long as the crystal is in close proximity to
the Temple of Pomojema on Mimban, it regains 1 Force point every minute. If removed from Mimban, a crystal does not regain spent
Force points, but can be used as a lightsaber crystal. Kaiburr crystals used in this way grant a +2 pip bonus to the lightsaber's damage,
as well as a +2 pip bonus to all Lightsaber skill rolls.
shootingwomprats
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Sun Feb 28, 2021 10:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here is what I have come up with from reading the book so far. I chose the mechanics because Hala is a Force-sensitive with no training, but she was able to move a small item in the cantina. Thoughts on the mechanic?

Quote:
KAIBURR SPLINTER
The splinter looks like red glass that glows softly. The color deeper, richer than conundrum wine. It has a vitreous luster resembling crystalized honey. When touched by a Force-sensitive it feels exactly what it resembles, a piece of glowing, heatless glass. Sensations that courses through the person touching it, are not carried by nerves, but a sensation like touching live current. The splinter increases the Force-sensitive's perception of the Force.

Kaiburr Splinter
Type: Force artifact
Cost: Not for sale
Availability: 4
Game Notes: While touching the splinter, a Force-sensitive character gains a +2D modifier to Force skill checks and may be able to perform some Force powers without training, for example, emptiness, hibernation trance, and telekinesis. After doing so they are temporarily exhausted, -1D to all skill checks until they rested at least 20 minutes. If the Force-sensitive has Force training, they are not exhausted afterwards and do not suffer a penalty.
Source: Splinter of the Mind's Eye (N), mechanics by +Oliver Queen.

@swd6podcast, Twitter
Forceally
Commodore
Commodore

PostPosted: Mon May 31, 2021 12:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I found a point of confusion. You have Mimbanite listed as an alien species, and I know from the Alien Stats book that is correct. However, on page 12, you have a swamp/jungle creature called Mimbanite. Did you give the creature the wrong name?
Forceally
Commodore
Commodore

PostPosted: Mon May 31, 2021 12:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Your True Healing power - I want to say it's more like accelerate another's healing, but you included the ability to neutralize poison. Maybe you should have accelerate another's healing and detoxify poison in another as prerequisites.
Forceally
Commodore
Commodore

PostPosted: Tue Jul 06, 2021 11:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm looking over the true healing power again, and it seems incomplete. You have:

The healer enters a deep meditative state, concentrating on their connection to the Force while holding the kaiburr crystal. After five or more minutes

It stops there, leaving us hanging. I think you need to do a little editing here.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Tools All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: