The Rancor Pit Forum Index
Welcome to The Rancor Pit forums!

The Rancor Pit Forum Index
FAQ   ::   Search   ::   Memberlist   ::   Usergroups   ::   Register   ::   Profile   ::   Log in to check your private messages   ::   Log in

Making Force Artifacts
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Ships, Vehicles, Equipment, and Tech -> Making Force Artifacts Goto page Previous  1, 2
View previous topic :: View next topic  
MrNexx
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Sat Mar 20, 2021 3:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

cheshire wrote:
That's an interesting idea. I could also see requiring the power and spending Force Points as a part of the "transferal procedure."

Unless, ya know, you're pouring your own (or someone else's) life into it. Though I think that's getting into dark side artifacts.

I wonder to what extent holocrons contain the life of a deceased Jedi.
MrNexx
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Sat Mar 20, 2021 6:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MrNexx wrote:
cheshire wrote:
That's an interesting idea. I could also see requiring the power and spending Force Points as a part of the "transferal procedure."

Unless, ya know, you're pouring your own (or someone else's) life into it. Though I think that's getting into dark side artifacts.

Adventure idea: "Bad guys have to gather the holocrons of this deceased Sith to resurrect him."
CRMcNeill
Director of Engineering
Director of Engineering

Location: Redding System, California Sector, on the I-5 Hyperspace Route.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 20, 2021 8:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

cheshire wrote:
And I think that it can also affect the kind of ongoing effects that the object can have, not just the immediate use of the item.

Agreed. The idea of a seemingly innocuous item insidiously corrupting its wielder over time is also straight out of Tolkien, and just as appropriate.

Quote:
Unfortunately it was years ago and I think I lost the mechanics I had written out for it.

If you ever do come across those rules, please post them here; that sounds awesome.

One more mundane thought I had would be for a non-Jedi Force using tradition to have some sort of power focus, like a wand, gauntlet, ring, etc, that doesn't corrupt him, but does provide a bonus to Force powers when the object is used.

The CRMcNeill Stat/Rule Index
CRMcNeill
Director of Engineering
Director of Engineering

Location: Redding System, California Sector, on the I-5 Hyperspace Route.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 20, 2021 8:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MrNexx wrote:
MrNexx wrote:

Adventure idea: "Bad guys have to gather the holocrons of this deceased Sith to resurrect him."

Well, Sith Spirits are a thing, but they do appear to need to be anchored to some sort of object, like their tomb or some such. A Sith Spirit could potentially be using a Sith Holocron as an anchor, and pretending to be a simple "guardian personality" to those who use the Holocron.

The CRMcNeill Stat/Rule Index
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Ships, Vehicles, Equipment, and Tech All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: