The Rancor Pit Forum Index
Welcome to The Rancor Pit forums!

The Rancor Pit Forum Index
FAQ   ::   Search   ::   Memberlist   ::   Usergroups   ::   Register   ::   Profile   ::   Log in to check your private messages   ::   Log in

Ewoks, Disney+, and Sourcebooks
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> General Star Wars -> Ewoks, Disney+, and Sourcebooks
View previous topic :: View next topic  
MrNexx
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Fri Mar 19, 2021 11:13 am    Post subject: Ewoks, Disney+, and Sourcebooks Reply with quote

https://www.syfy.com/syfywire/animated-boba-fett-ewok-tv-movies-disney-plus

Quote:

Included without fanfare on a list of titles it's rolling out for April, Disney+ also confirmed it's resurrecting two TV movies starring everybody's favorite cuddly Ewoks – 1984's Caravan of Courage: An Ewok Adventure and 1985's Ewoks: The Battle for Endor. Other than starring Warwick Davis, who played Wicket in Return of the Jedi, the telefilms have no connection to any sort of Star Wars lore; they pretty much follow the diminutive forest dwellers on their own live-action family adventures where, in the case of the former they battle a giant, and in the latter save their forest moon from invaders.

Joining those programs will be Ewoks, the cartoon series that aired on ABC from 1985 to 1986 in which the diminutive teddy bears apparently learned English.

(relevant chunk from a larger article)

So, the Ewok movies are coming to Disney+. Any sourcebooks on these?
Xain Arke
Line Captain
Line Captain

PostPosted: Fri Mar 19, 2021 3:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think Freddy over on RPGGamer.org statted out the Ewok movies a while back if I remember correctly. Not a Sourcebook though.
Sutehp
Commodore
Commodore

PostPosted: Fri Mar 19, 2021 6:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Ewoks, the cartoon series that aired on ABC from 1985 to 1986 in which the diminutive teddy bears apparently learned English.

To be fair, I remember watching Ewoks as a Saturday morning cartoon when I was a kid; when the Ewoks were speaking English, I think it was essentially meant as Translation Convention.
TauntaunScout
Line Captain
Line Captain

PostPosted: Mon Mar 29, 2021 8:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The original Clone Wars cartoon and the Boba Fett cartoon short are coming too.

Nice to see Disney isn't being a purity pony about canon and streaming. Makes me think we'll get unaltered versions of the OT.
Whill
Dark Lord of the Jedi (Owner/Admin)

Location: Columbus, Ohio, USA, Earth, The Solar System, The Milky Way Galaxy

PostPosted: Mon Mar 29, 2021 12:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TauntaunScout wrote:
Nice to see Disney isn't being a purity pony about canon and streaming. Makes me think we'll get unaltered versions of the OT.

But those are such high in demand that I'm sure those will only be available for sale separately, at least at first.
Registration/Log-In Help
The Rancor Pit Library
Star Wars D6 Damage
Forceally
Commodore
Commodore

PostPosted: Tue Mar 30, 2021 1:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

TauntaunScout wrote:
The original Clone Wars cartoon and the Boba Fett cartoon short are coming too.

Boba Fett cartoon? The only one I can think of is the one episode of the Droids cartoon that he was in. Is that what you mean?
TauntaunScout
Line Captain
Line Captain

PostPosted: Tue Mar 30, 2021 10:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Forceally wrote:
Boba Fett cartoon? The only one I can think of is the one episode of the Droids cartoon that he was in. Is that what you mean?

Nar, boss. I am referring to the cartoon short that was the undisputed best part of the 70's Star Wars Holiday Special. I doubt they'll ever release the whole holiday special, to save face. But the cartoon short which was the first ever appearance of Boba Fett is to be released on D+ along with the aforementioned Ewok and Clone War content.
Whill
Dark Lord of the Jedi (Owner/Admin)

Location: Columbus, Ohio, USA, Earth, The Solar System, The Milky Way Galaxy

PostPosted: Tue Mar 30, 2021 11:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

TauntaunScout wrote:
Forceally wrote:

Nar, boss. I am referring to the cartoon short that was the undisputed best part of the 70's Star Wars Holiday Special. I doubt they'll ever release the whole holiday special, to save face. But the cartoon short which was the first ever appearance of Boba Fett is to be released on D+ along with the aforementioned Ewok and Clone War content.

https://rancorpit.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=203200#203200
Registration/Log-In Help
The Rancor Pit Library
Star Wars D6 Damage
Forceally
Commodore
Commodore

PostPosted: Tue Mar 30, 2021 1:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TauntaunScout wrote:
Forceally wrote:

Oh. It's part of the holiday special. Heard of that, but never seen it.
TauntaunScout
Line Captain
Line Captain

PostPosted: Fri Apr 02, 2021 12:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

They're live on D+! I am so excited. Finally we can watch all the Ewoks episodes, the kids and I are tired of the limited DVD selection. Also they are categorized not under "Series" but under "Star Wars: Vintage" along with the Ewok movies, etc.
TauntaunScout
Line Captain
Line Captain

PostPosted: Fri Apr 16, 2021 11:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Watching my way through these you can really see the intellectual arc of Lucasfilm leading into WILLOW.
KageRyu
Commodore
Commodore

PostPosted: Tue May 11, 2021 7:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I actually tried to show the Holiday Special to a younger friend of mine last year - about 15 minutes in he could take no more and agreed that I had suffered a deeply scarring emotional trauma watching that as a child. I just chuckled, poured us some more absynthe, and asked how he felt about H.R. Puffnstuff - he hadn't heard of it...so...another tape went into the vcr Twisted Evil
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> General Star Wars All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: