The Rancor Pit Forum Index
Welcome to The Rancor Pit forums!

The Rancor Pit Forum Index
FAQ   ::   Search   ::   Memberlist   ::   Usergroups   ::   Register   ::   Profile   ::   Log in to check your private messages   ::   Log in

Kwazel Maw
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Characters, Droids, and Species -> Kwazel Maw
View previous topic :: View next topic  
shootingwomprats
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Fri Apr 16, 2021 12:57 pm    Post subject: Kwazel Maw Reply with quote

Stats for the kwazel maw. I took a lot of time working this one out. I am curious what you think of the scale vs its ability to soak damage from battle droids and yet push a Sheathipede transport over a ledge. To smack around character-scale its brawling is 5D+2, to push the Sheathpede is 3D+2. Keeping mind the Sheathpede was not resisting so should be an Easy to Moderate difficulty. The ship also has 4D hull, but again, its not resisting, so it should be a static difficulty with scale difference. Oh yeah, this creature soaked up a 5D rocket like a boss.

Quote:

Kwazel Maw
Giant aquatic slugs who lurked at the bottom of the swamps of Rodia. Their skin served as a major distinctive feature, highlighted by glowing bioluminescent markings and offering enough resistance to deflect blaster bolts and even some missiles.

The large creatures had cavernous mouths which it used to roar. When opened, it would allow them to consume larger prey, even the size of a humanoid, whole. Their yellow eyes had eyelids that would close when sleeping underwater. They had multiple appendages at the front and back of their body and a large tail.

Despite naturally inhabiting swamps, it appeared Kwazel Maw were equally comfortable on land.

Kwazel Maw
Planet of Origin: Rodia
Type: Swamp predator
DEXTERITY 2D+2
PERCEPTION 2D
Search 3D
STRENGTH 7D+2
Special Abilities:
-- Bite: Does STR damage.
-- Tailswipe: Does STR+1D damage
-- Swallow Whole: A Kwazel Maw can swallow a humanoid-sized or smaller creature. It must first make a successful brawling attack to snag the victim, followed by another brawling attack on the next turn to swallow it whole. Swallowed creatures take STR damage, and another 3D of physical damage each following round from the creature’s potent digestive juices.
-- Amphibious: Creature can breath both air and water.
-- Darkvision: Kwazel Maw are able to see in complete darkness out to 20 meters.
Move: 10 on land, 20 swimming
Size: 30 meters
Scale: Speeder

Appearances: SW:TCW 108 "Bombad Jedi"

Sources: Stats by Emperor Ollie

http://d6holocron.com/shootingwomprats
@swd6podcast, Twitter

Last edited by shootingwomprats on Fri Apr 16, 2021 4:51 pm; edited 1 time in total
Xain Arke
Line Captain
Line Captain

PostPosted: Fri Apr 16, 2021 2:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh cool! I liked the episode with this beastie in it. The stats look good to me so thanks for posting them shootingwomprats Very Happy

Edit: Great choice of images too.
shootingwomprats
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Fri Apr 16, 2021 3:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Xain Arke wrote:
Oh cool! I liked the episode with this beastie in it. The stats look good to me so thanks for posting them shootingwomprats Very Happy

You're welcome. I did spent way more time on making the stats for it than I normally do. Glad you approve. I was happy with how it turned out.

Xain Arke wrote:
Edit: Great choice of images too.

Thanks again! I went through the episode and snagged some screen captures that I thought caught the essence of the creature.
http://d6holocron.com/shootingwomprats
@swd6podcast, Twitter
Xain Arke
Line Captain
Line Captain

PostPosted: Fri Apr 16, 2021 4:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, I definitely appreciate the time and effort you spent on the stats. I like new Clone Wars cartoon/era stats, I hoard them like a lunatic Smile

I also like the reasoning part in the comment before the stats, it's nice reading that sort of stuff as it gives some great insight into stat creation etc.

Oh, hope you are fully recovered now too, dude.
Mamatried
Commodore
Commodore

PostPosted: Fri Apr 16, 2021 5:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GREAT Work on this!

( I have a new threat to pit against the player characters later on mmmmmm)
Whill
Dark Lord of the Jedi (Owner/Admin)

Location: Columbus, Ohio, USA, Earth, The Solar System, The Milky Way Galaxy

PostPosted: Fri Apr 16, 2021 6:43 pm    Post subject: Re: Kwazel Maw Reply with quote

shootingwomprats wrote:
Stats for the kwazel maw. I took a lot of time working this one out...

Thanks. I hope you are fully recovered. Good to see you back.
Registration/Log-In Help
The Rancor Pit Library
Star Wars D6 Damage
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Characters, Droids, and Species All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: