The Rancor Pit Forum Index
Welcome to The Rancor Pit forums!

The Rancor Pit Forum Index
FAQ   ::   Search   ::   Memberlist   ::   Usergroups   ::   Register   ::   Profile   ::   Log in to check your private messages   ::   Log in

Infiltrator Demolition Droid
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Characters, Droids, and Species -> Infiltrator Demolition Droid
View previous topic :: View next topic  
shootingwomprats
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Sat Apr 17, 2021 1:10 am    Post subject: Infiltrator Demolition Droid Reply with quote

I just watched this episode a day or two ago and really liked this droid. Its looks cool and it makes sense as well in its design and how it functions. So of course, I had to give it stats. Please comment below and point out anything I missed, looked dorky, makes little sense, or could be done better.

Quote:
Also known as just infiltrator droids or infiltrators, were a type of demolition droid created in at least two models. A green model possessed a vertical head with two photoreceptors while in combat mode, while an orange model possessed a horizontal head had three photoreceptors while in combat mode. The middle photoreceptor could also be used as a holoprojector.

During the opening infiltration and "high security infiltration" phases of their missions, infiltrator demolition droids would disguise themselves as common sweeper droids, which were recognized by Republic officers. Once these phases were completed and the droids had infiltrated their target, they would transform into another mode, which was heavily armed and armored. The final of the droid's modes was when two of the droids would combine into a bomb to destroy their intended target.

Infiltrator Demolition Droid (as Sweeper Droid)
Equipped With:
-- Photoreceptor (holoprojector, holomessenger)
-- Auditory sensors
-- Binary acoustic signaler
-- Improved sensor package (+2 to all search skill checks)
-- Heavy armor (+2D to resist damage)
-- Locked access (the droid's shut-down switch is secured or internally located)
-- Street sweeper
-- Four pneumatic wheels
Move: 14
Size: 1.1 meters tall

DEXTERITY 3D+2
Blasters 5D, blasters: cannons 6D, melee combat 5D+2
KNOWLEDGE 2D
Intimidation 4D+2
MECHANICAL 2D
PERCEPTION 3D
Con: sweeper droid 4D+1, hide 5D, search 5D, sneak 5D
STRENGTH 3D+2
Brawling 4D+1
TECHNICAL 2D
Demolitions 5D+2
Equipped With:
-- Humanoid body (two arms, two legs, head)
-- Photoreceptors (green has 2, orange has 3; holoprojector, holomessenger)
-- Auditory sensors
-- Binary acoustic signaler
-- Improved sensor package (+2 to all search skill checks)
-- Two laser cannons (concealed in arms; 5D; 3-30/100/300)
-- Heavy armor (+2D to resist damage)
-- Locked access (the droid's shut-down switch is secured or internally located)
Move: 10
Size: 2.43 meters tall
Game Notes: When a green and an orange droid combine into a bomb a two minute timer starts counting down the arming process and exploding (Blast Area: 0-2/8/12/20, 10D/8D/5D/2D).

Appearances: SW:TCW 310 "Heroes on Both Sides"

Sources: Stats by Emperor Ollie

http://d6holocron.com/shootingwomprats
@swd6podcast, Twitter
garhkal
Sovereign Protector
Sovereign Protector

PostPosted: Sat Apr 17, 2021 1:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Almost look like Enlarged "Buzz" droids..
Xain Arke
Line Captain
Line Captain

PostPosted: Sat Apr 17, 2021 3:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The episode with these droids is really great and kind of dark. Stats look good and I can't see anything that stands out as not fitting,
I especially like the sweeper droid stuff being a separate little Equipped With block.

You seem to be putting out mostly Clone Wars Cartoon stats at the moment, are you watching through the series or just episodes you like?
shootingwomprats
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Sat Apr 17, 2021 4:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Xain Arke wrote:
The episode with these droids is really great and kind of dark. Stats look good and I can't see anything that stands out as not fitting,
I especially like the sweeper droid stuff being a separate little Equipped With block.

Thank you, it made more sense that way.

Xain Arke wrote:
You seem to be putting out mostly Clone Wars Cartoon stats at the moment, are you watching through the series or just episodes you like?

I am working on SW:TCW with another person. Though honestly, it seems like he does his thing and I do my own with little communication. I broke the project down into each year of The Clone Wars, 22-19 BBY. He is doing 22 BBY and I am doing 21 BBY. Other than character stat blocks, I have completed the 43 episodes that comprise 21 BBY.

I need to watch through the episodes again and double check to make sure I have not missed something. I have not decided about adding information from other media, specifically comics and novels.

One frustrating issue is finding information that lists the important chronological events of The Clone Wars. I would have thought there would have been at least a DK Publishers book for it.

If you did not know, SW:TCW episodes did not air in chronological order. Here is the chronological viewing order for 21 BBY:

109-115, 117-121, 201-203, 217-219, 204-214, 220-222, 302, 304, 308, 122, 309-311, 215
http://d6holocron.com/shootingwomprats
@swd6podcast, Twitter
Xain Arke
Line Captain
Line Captain

PostPosted: Sat Apr 17, 2021 6:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey shootingwomprats Smile

Looking forward to what you put up next

Yeah I did know about the broadcast mess-up after I saw it when it aired, watched it back in order on disc and it definitely makes more sense that way.

Not sure why they didn't put them out in order originally, was there ever a reason given?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Characters, Droids, and Species All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: