The Rancor Pit Forum Index
Welcome to The Rancor Pit forums!

The Rancor Pit Forum Index
FAQ   ::   Search   ::   Memberlist   ::   Usergroups   ::   Register   ::   Profile   ::   Log in to check your private messages   ::   Log in

Question About Clone Trooper Armor Vambraces
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Ships, Vehicles, Equipment, and Tech -> Question About Clone Trooper Armor Vambraces
View previous topic :: View next topic  
shootingwomprats
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Mon Apr 19, 2021 10:56 am    Post subject: Question About Clone Trooper Armor Vambraces Reply with quote

I have been watching SW:TCW lately and I noticed something in the episode I just watched, 110 "Lair of Grievous. While moving though Greivous's lair tracking the homing beacon of the consular-class frigate Nute Gunray escaped in from Republic custody, clone trooper commander Fil looks down at his clone trooper vambrace and states, "Scanners are negative general."

This made me curious about the clone trooper armor.

1. What do the the five buttons on the left vambrace do? We know that one is a military grade comlink. We also see it used by Senate Commando Captain Faro Argyus and Asajj Ventress, in episode 109 "Cloak of Darkness", to signal each another.

2. Is clone trooper commander Fil using a scanner integrated into his clone trooper armor? If so, is this a standard option, similar to the MFTAS's in later stormtrooper armor? Is this something only found in commander armor? A customization he added to the armor?
http://d6holocron.com/shootingwomprats
@swd6podcast, Twitter
MrNexx
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Mon Apr 19, 2021 5:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

To 2, I doubt it is likely to be a customization to his armor. I'd lean towards it being in command armor, or in someone's gear, that he has access to.
Whill
Dark Lord of the Jedi (Owner/Admin)

Location: Columbus, Ohio, USA, Earth, The Solar System, The Milky Way Galaxy

PostPosted: Mon Apr 19, 2021 6:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think the communications feature was probably standard-issue (I think Order 66 hologram messages cam through those), but the scanners where likely just a plot-driven contrivance.
Registration/Log-In Help
The Rancor Pit Library
Star Wars D6 Damage
shootingwomprats
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Mon Apr 19, 2021 7:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Something like this for available armor modifications?

Lifeform Sensor: requires a moderate sensor skill check, detecting life signs within 30 meters.

Duo-Headlamp: 0-10/20, +2D/+1D perception modifier to reduce penalty modifiers for poor lighting.
http://d6holocron.com/shootingwomprats
@swd6podcast, Twitter
Xain Arke
Line Captain
Line Captain

PostPosted: Mon Apr 19, 2021 7:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree with Whill, the likely reason for the vambraces and what they can and can't do is episode plot.
There doesn't seem to be too much consistency.

1. Ahsoka may have used a wrist com to set of the explosives in the Clone Wars movie, I haven't
checked recently though.

2. I think there is probably a standard set of add on equipment for Clone armour. I've seen a D20 list
of extras for Clone armour when I was converting D20 Dark Horse stuff, but I don't have it to hand.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Ships, Vehicles, Equipment, and Tech All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: