The Rancor Pit Forum Index
Welcome to The Rancor Pit forums!

The Rancor Pit Forum Index
FAQ   ::   Search   ::   Memberlist   ::   Usergroups   ::   Register   ::   Profile   ::   Log in to check your private messages   ::   Log in

Hydroid Medusa
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Characters, Droids, and Species -> Hydroid Medusa
View previous topic :: View next topic  
shootingwomprats
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Mon May 10, 2021 9:07 pm    Post subject: Hydroid Medusa Reply with quote

Saw these inTCW 401 "Water Wars", TCW 402 "Gungan Attack", and TCW 403 "Prisoners". I originally thought to make these creature speeder scale because they soaked blaster fire and lightsaber damage like champs, but then I saw one tentacle take out two SCUBA troopers out in quick succession, so I figured it had no trouble hitting character scale. So I bumped up the Strength and gave it some armor instead. Not sure how I feel about the tentacles electrical damage.

I would love to read peoples comments on how they think it would work better or how to improve it.

Quote:

Hydroid Medusa
Massive jellyfish cyborgs combined with armor and other cybernetic enhancements developed by the Karkarodons on their homeworld Karkaris. Hydroid Medusas were used by Karkarodon Confederacy of Independent Systems Commander Riff Tamson during the Battle of Mon Cala. They were practically invulnerable, with blasters and lightsabers doing no damage to them. After causing numerous casualties, the Republic and Mon Calamari forces were forced to retreat. When Republic reinforcements arrived in the form of the Gungan Grand Army, their boomas were able to do some damage to the Hydroid Medusas.

Hydroid Medusa
Type: Cyborg jellyfish
Home Planet: Karkais
DEXTERITY 1D+2
PERCEPTION 1D+1
Search 3D+2
STRENGTH 7D
Special Abilities:
-- Electrified Tendrils: The hydroid medusa has four cybernetically enhanced tendrils that have a reach of 20 meters and electrocute whatever it touches for 6D damage.
-- Hardened Armor Powerplants: The armored bell of the creature gives it incredible endurance against energy attacks including lightsabers, +3D modifier to resist damage.
Move: 5 (swimming)
Size: 23.6 meters average height
Appearance: TCW 401 "Water War", TCW 402 "Gungan Attack", TCW 403 "Prisoners"

Source: Stats by Emperor Ollie

http://d6holocron.com/shootingwomprats
@swd6podcast, Twitter
Xain Arke
Line Captain
Line Captain

PostPosted: Mon May 10, 2021 11:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh, cool! Great image too. I feel sorry for that Mon Cal at the top though Sad

Stats look fine but I was never sure if this thing stunned or killed those it came into contact with in the episode, did it make that clear anywhere?
shootingwomprats
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Mon May 10, 2021 11:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Xain Arke wrote:
Oh, cool! Great image too. I feel sorry for that Mon Cal at the top though Sad

Yeah. he's a goner. Not as bad for him as the three that go ka-blooey with the the explosive knives.

Xain Arke wrote:
Stats look fine but I was never sure if this thing stunned or killed those it came into contact with in the episode, did it make that clear anywhere?

Its never said for sure, but I sort of inferred it. As they were created by a race of overzealous predator killers, I don't think stun was on their mind. It was kill, kill, kill.
http://d6holocron.com/shootingwomprats
@swd6podcast, Twitter
Xain Arke
Line Captain
Line Captain

PostPosted: Tue May 11, 2021 3:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, loved the water war episodes, those explosive knives were awesome Very Happy

I wondered about the stun/kill question as there seem to be many more captives later in the episodes than they seem to have captured.
They could have been captured off screen though I guess.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Characters, Droids, and Species All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: