The Rancor Pit Forum Index
Welcome to The Rancor Pit forums!

The Rancor Pit Forum Index
FAQ   ::   Search   ::   Memberlist   ::   Usergroups   ::   Register   ::   Profile   ::   Log in to check your private messages   ::   Log in

RUMOR: Brie Larson is possible Mara Jade?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> General Star Wars -> RUMOR: Brie Larson is possible Mara Jade? Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Whill
Dark Lord of the Jedi (Owner/Admin)

Location: Columbus, Ohio, USA, Earth, The Solar System, The Milky Way Galaxy

PostPosted: Mon May 17, 2021 3:24 pm    Post subject: RUMOR: Brie Larson is possible Mara Jade? Reply with quote

Brie Larson Reportedly Talking With Lucasfilm About Mara Jade Role

https://wegotthiscovered.com/movies/brie-larson-reportedly-talking-lucasfilm-star-wars-mara-jade-role/

Supposedly the actor is a huge SW fan and confirmed that she auditioned for all three DT films.

I can see Mara Jade in the rumored show about Luke Skywalker in development. Especially in light of a live-action Thrawn being set to appear in the forthcoming Ahsoka show. They could say that Luke was married in between trilogies, but that means that she and Grogu would probably be dead in the time of the DT. Or maybe they won't be married in canon.

I don't normally go straight to 'bah humbug' but this just feels like Disney is checking boxes because they know the ravenous, undiscriminating Star Wars fans will just eat up any Legends bone they throw regardless of how it is used in the new canon. Just keep retconning Kylo Ben murders.
Registration/Log-In Help
The Rancor Pit Library
Star Wars D6 Damage
Ray
Commodore
Commodore

Location: Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada, North America, Western Hemisphere, Earth, Sol, Western Arm, Milky Way

PostPosted: Mon May 17, 2021 4:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, it does seem like that... Honestly, the bad part about the Sequel Trilogy is "The Last Jedi" and how the writer and/or director went grimdark and such, not to mention, you know, KILLING OFF SO MANY CHARACTERS JUST BECAUSE! Kylo Ren and Luke Skywalker's response to each other was just, wrong for Star Wars, entirely. I mean, Luke faced off far worse Dark Side with Vader than he did with Ben. He wouldn't have reacted like that in the least. And that was with The Emperor in the SAME DAMNED ROOM.

On the other hand, the little kid in me that watched the Original Trilogy just goes "GLEE!" the first time I see Z-95 Headhunters or the original concept art Y-Wings in The Clone Wars because I know they were thrown into the trash, and rescued. I also got to explain those things to family who watch the cartoons with me, and why they matter, which makes them smile too.

The Bad Batch is currently hitting my right places, and examining a time I've always been curious about, so maybe The Clone Wars and Rebels, along with Rogue One, is making me think, "Wait and see. Maybe it'll be like the EU Novels, hit and miss."
Xain Arke
Line Captain
Line Captain

PostPosted: Mon May 17, 2021 9:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just FYI, that site is about a reliable as Mike Zeroh. They often put out 'headlines' that are ripped from rumours that Youtubers are
talking about...including Mike Zeroh.

Generally, it's a good idea to ignore the info from that site unless it has been confirmed by another more reputable source.
Whill

PostPosted: Mon May 17, 2021 10:43 pm    Post subject: Re: RUMOR: Brie Larson is possible Mara Jade? Reply with quote

Xain Arke wrote:
Just FYI, that site is about a reliable as Mike Zeroh. They often put out 'headlines' that are ripped from rumours that Youtubers are
talking about...including Mike Zeroh.

Generally, it's a good idea to ignore the info from that site unless it has been confirmed by another more reputable source.

We Got This Covered is horrible. Clickbait for sure and filled with stupid ads and videos. I didn't originally see this on this site because I do not follow it, but I saw something else share and report back to this as the source so I shared the source.

I come across crazy SW headlines almost daily, almost 100% of which I never share here, but I've noticed that the big ones, no matter how preposterous, always end up being discussed here. And when other unsubstantiated rumors are shared here, they are usually shared as if they are fact. You can see I was very careful in my thread title and OP language. This was NOT shared as if it was confirmation of anything. This was to get out in front of the rumor.

It may have been mentioned in some thread but I did not find any prior threads devoted to the reported Luke Skywalker show in development (which is a HUGE for fans), and that is the most likely place for Mara Jade to show up. This thread now covers speculation about the Luke show and the rumor for Mara Jade.

And like I said previously, this rumor is not so preposterous. The actor herself has shared cosplay of her as a Jedi, and she supposedly confirmed she auditioned for various roles in all three DT films, so she is gunning for a Star Wars role. Fans clamored for a Boba Fett show, and The Mandalorian jumped the shark to set one up. The Mandalorian episode with Ahsoka revealed she is on a mission to locate Thrawn, and we know 100% for sure that ep was a back door pilot for her own series. Ahsoka is a fan-beloved animated character who we finally saw in live action and she's getting her own show. There aren't many non-live-action characters more fan-beloved than Thrawn and Mara Jade, and we know are going to see Thrawn. So a live action Mara Jade showing up somewhere at some point is likely.

I don't think the actor would necessarily be a bad choice. And she is a big MCU actor now (described as the new central protagonist of the meta-franchise to take over the role of Iron Man). Although I'm not too optimistic, I'm happy to give a canon Mara Jade a chance. In the early 90s I saw right through her thin disguise as an author "original" character who was amalgamation of Luke, Han, Leia, and Vader, with cliched red hair and green eyes to boot. I enjoyed her anyway all the way until the end of the trilogy, the dramatic bait-and-switch where the trinity were marginalized so Mara could usurp them and take over as galactic savior. I even gave Zahn more chances where he ridiculously made her into a literal teenage Imperial superhero. The way I figure, canon couldn't possible make Mara Jade any worse than she was in the EU.
Registration/Log-In Help
The Rancor Pit Library
Star Wars D6 Damage
garhkal
Sovereign Protector
Sovereign Protector

PostPosted: Tue May 18, 2021 1:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rumor or not, i certainly HOPE ITS false.
MrNexx
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Tue May 18, 2021 12:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This notes Larson is a Star Wars fan, but I often wonder, when actors get a lot of sci-fi roles, if they're sci-fi fans, or just typecast? Like, Morena Baccarin. First, it was Firefly. Then it was Angel, and ok, that could just be working with Whedon some more. But then there's voicing for DCAU Justice League, and V, and Stargate, and Gotham, and Flash...

Is it "I like comic books and science fiction", is it "They want me for comic books and science fiction because geeks like me", or is it "These are the only roles I'm being offered because of that frickin' space show 20 years ago"?
Xain Arke
Line Captain
Line Captain

PostPosted: Tue May 18, 2021 8:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

garhkal wrote:

Me too man. I find Miss Larson a fairly poor actress and incredibly insufferable as a person. She's all wrong for Mara Jade.
Xain Arke
Line Captain
Line Captain

PostPosted: Tue May 18, 2021 8:25 pm    Post subject: Re: RUMOR: Brie Larson is possible Mara Jade? Reply with quote

Whill wrote:
...The way I figure, canon couldn't possible make Mara Jade any worse than she was in the EU.

Errr....(Insert grimacing and anxious emojis)
garhkal
Sovereign Protector
Sovereign Protector

PostPosted: Wed May 19, 2021 1:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Xain Arke wrote:
garhkal wrote:

Me too man. I find Miss Larson a fairly poor actress and incredibly insufferable as a person. She's all wrong for Mara Jade.

The first role i saw her in, i liked (kong skull island). But since then, i've found her nothing but a utter cretin.
Xain Arke
Line Captain
Line Captain

PostPosted: Wed May 19, 2021 4:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

garhkal wrote:
The first role i saw her in, i liked (kong skull island). But since then, i've found her nothing but a utter cretin.

I love that movie, but I completely forgot she was in it until you just mentined it Laughing
TauntaunScout
Line Captain
Line Captain

PostPosted: Wed May 19, 2021 12:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ray wrote:
Yeah, it does seem like that... Honestly, the bad part about the Sequel Trilogy is "The Last Jedi" and how the writer and/or director went grimdark and such,

ESB and the prequels weren't exactly a bucket of sunshine. The worst part is hard for me to nail down tho. So many contenders!

I hope there's no Mara Jade anything, anytime soon. The old EU was rightly panned by Disney.

Then again I hate every man jack of the ideas in The Mandalorian, (starting with the very name) on paper, but in practice it's AWESOME.
garhkal
Sovereign Protector
Sovereign Protector

PostPosted: Wed May 19, 2021 2:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

How ESB was so 'grim/dark is why imo MOST FOLK consider it the best of the original trilogy.
Whill

PostPosted: Wed May 19, 2021 4:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lucas' saga has three dark and three light episodes. There is a balance in the Force.
Registration/Log-In Help
The Rancor Pit Library
Star Wars D6 Damage
TauntaunScout
Line Captain
Line Captain

PostPosted: Mon May 24, 2021 7:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

In the grim darkness of the far future, there is only (STAR) WAR(S)...
itsmrwilson
Cadet
Cadet

PostPosted: Fri May 28, 2021 3:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I read the Thrawn trilogy back when it came out... mid 90s? but don't know anything about Jade after that. I'm sure they'd have to retcon her somehow to make sense of why we don't see her in any other canon properties.

... or maybe she's so good she actually was in all of them. Very Happy
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> General Star Wars All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: