The Rancor Pit Forum Index
Welcome to The Rancor Pit forums!

The Rancor Pit Forum Index
FAQ   ::   Search   ::   Memberlist   ::   Usergroups   ::   Register   ::   Profile   ::   Log in to check your private messages   ::   Log in

Star Wars Holovids.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> General Star Wars -> Star Wars Holovids.
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Mamatried
Commodore
Commodore

PostPosted: Tue May 18, 2021 8:22 am    Post subject: Star Wars Holovids. Reply with quote

Not sure where to post this, so I posted in <general Star Wars>

I was wondering if there are any known "tv shows" and "movies" and an entertainent industry within the universe.

What could be could be cool is something like a "survival show" or maybe some
action packed "news" with combat correspondents and such.

Maybe some the actor type templates also have some "work" to realte to

Anyone know of anything like this?
Raven Redstar
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Tue May 18, 2021 10:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

In the Minos Sector, there's a planet which is a central hub for the entertainment industry. Adarlon.

https://starwars.fandom.com/wiki/Adarlon/Legends

They have some more info on the planet in the Minos Sector book as well as GG6.
Forceally
Commodore
Commodore

PostPosted: Tue May 18, 2021 10:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The closest I can think of is the Holovid Star Prestige for the d20 RCRB. It was part of an website expansion of one of WOTC RCRB sourcebooks. The expansion isn't associated with the OCRB, DSSB, RESB, and NJOSB.
Whill
Dark Lord of the Jedi (Owner/Admin)

Location: Columbus, Ohio, USA, Earth, The Solar System, The Milky Way Galaxy

PostPosted: Tue May 18, 2021 11:16 am    Post subject: Re: Star Wars Holovids. Reply with quote

Mamatried wrote:
I was wondering if there are any known "tv shows" and "movies" and an entertainent industry within the universe.

What could be could be cool is something like a "survival show" or maybe some
action packed "news" with combat correspondents and such.

Maybe some the actor type templates also have some "work" to realte to

Anyone know of anything like this?

Holodramas
Registration/Log-In Help
The Rancor Pit Library
Star Wars D6 Damage
griff
Captain
Captain

PostPosted: Wed Jun 16, 2021 11:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

there is the "Flamboyant Entertainer" on page 77 in the Heroes and Rogues book.

In the novel "Han Solo's Revenge" the first few pages Han was showing holovids and charging admission.
griff
Captain
Captain

PostPosted: Wed Jun 16, 2021 11:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Also in Heroes and Rogues on page 98 is the template Holovid Celebrity
KageRyu
Commodore
Commodore

PostPosted: Fri Jun 18, 2021 5:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had created a series of pro sports in one of my campaigns for a few worlds. One sport I had begun to detail extensively called "BRAWL" which the simplest way to describe was a bit like a cross between American Football and Hockey played in a Zero Gravity Sphere with floating platforms and obstacles. There was a "Ball" and both teams had "Goals" to protect. Players wore Repulsor Boots and Repulsor/Tractor Gloves. Some of the team carried duel sided stun staves. I currently do not know where the notes I had written up on play are, or the templates I had created for team positions.

I originally had just a brief description of the event as a backdrop for a meeting with a fixer to get work - but a couple players were fascinated so I added more and more details.

I've also had various other venues like variations of the whole wrestling/boxing/mma. I have had NPC "Famous Musicians" of a campaign either as backdrop notes or story elements (i.e protect the obnoxious celebrity from assassination).

Racing pops up in-universe several times, and in RotS there is the funky space opera.

I would Imagine at least pre-empire these sorts of entertainment would have been widely available in Holovids. Post empire it seems holonet usage is much more restrictive, and as history on Earth has shown us, a fascist regime like the empire would absolutely restrict the arts and entertainment fields to approved content only. Though such attempts at restrictions invariably lead to pirate broadcasts (there is and interesting adventure or campaign idea...a mobile entertainment broadcaster trying to stay one step ahead of shut down and arrest...maybe even "the voice of the free galaxy").
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> General Star Wars All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: