The Rancor Pit Forum Index
Welcome to The Rancor Pit forums!

The Rancor Pit Forum Index
FAQ   ::   Search   ::   Memberlist   ::   Usergroups   ::   Register   ::   Profile   ::   Log in to check your private messages   ::   Log in

Raymus Anitlles (as of 19 BBY)
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Characters, Droids, and Species -> Raymus Anitlles (as of 19 BBY)
View previous topic :: View next topic  
shootingwomprats
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Fri May 21, 2021 5:44 pm    Post subject: Raymus Anitlles (as of 19 BBY) Reply with quote

Working on stats for Raymus Anitlles. I would appreciate input or suggestions.

It has been suggested command 6D, add tactics: navy troopers 5D and stamina 5D+2. I am thinking as a captain 6D is pretty high. Also, even though he may have directed the defense of his ship vs stormtroopers and Vader I am thinking maybe tactics: shipboard defense. As for stamina, I am thinking no, I feel like willpower covers that sufficiently as well as allows him to resist torture and stay true to his ideals.

Quote:
Raymus Antilles (as of 19 BBY)
Type: Loyal Alderaanian
DEXTERITY 2D+2
Blaster 3D+2, dodge 4D
KNOWLEDGE 3D+1
Bureaucracy 4D+1, cultures 3D+2, law enforcement 3D+2, planetary systems 5D, tactics: blockade running 6D+1, willpower 4D+2
MECHANICAL 3D
Astrogation 3D+2, capital ship gunnery 3D+2, capital ship piloting 3D+2, capital ship shields 3D+2, communications 3D+2, repulsorlift operation 4D, sensors 3D+2, space transports 4D+1
PERCEPTION 3D+2
Command 4D+2, con 4D+1, persuasion 4D+2, search 4D+1
STRENGTH 2D+2
Brawling 3D+1
TECHNICAL 2D+2
Capital ship repair 3D+1, computer programming/repair 3D+2
Character Points: 4
Move: 10
Equipment: Alderaan Fleet uniform, comlink, datapad.
Source: Stats by Emperor Ollie

http://d6holocron.com/shootingwomprats
@swd6podcast, Twitter

Last edited by shootingwomprats on Fri May 21, 2021 10:53 pm; edited 1 time in total
MrNexx
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Fri May 21, 2021 6:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok, somewhat silly argument for 4D+2 being adequate:

Looking at Rogue One, it looks like the bridge of the Tantive IV has 2-4 stations... we clearly see a pilot and co-pilot station, and there's space for a couple more to either side, but we don't actually see them. So, if he's directly commanding the bridge crew, or the two on the bridge, plus engineering and weapons, 4D+2 would be adequate.

Since Command is his main skill, to an extent, I don't think putting it up to 6D is unreasonable, though. I mean, he's a loyal officer, such that he flies Bail/Leia's ship, so he's not going to be inexperienced. The numbers here have him just 1D over his attribute... that's starting character level. All told, he's 12D above starting level*, plus 3D in a specialization, so about 14D worth of advancement.

I think he can stand a bit more.

*19D total, minus 7D for starting character
shootingwomprats
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Fri May 21, 2021 6:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MrNexx wrote:
The numbers here have him just 1D over his attribute... that's starting character level. All told, he's 12D above starting level*, plus 3D in a specialization, so about 14D worth of advancement.

I think he can stand a bit more.

*19D total, minus 7D for starting character

I don't usually go by advancements but by skill level in relation to how good they are at that skill. With that being said, what would you add, increase, etc?
@swd6podcast, Twitter
MrNexx
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Fri May 21, 2021 9:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd say 4D Astrogation and Communications, and 6D Command.

That makes him a professional level Astrogation and Communications officer, and experienced professional at Command.
shootingwomprats
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Fri May 21, 2021 10:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MrNexx wrote:

That makes him a professional level Astrogation and Communications officer, and experienced professional at Command.

Also, though I did not mention it, the stats are fir Raymus as of 19 BBY, not 0 BBY
@swd6podcast, Twitter
Forceally
Commodore
Commodore

PostPosted: Fri May 21, 2021 11:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Didn't someone already create stats for him as part of the Revenge of the Sith sourcebook project that was in high gear on these boards about a decade ago? Regretfully, that seems to have fallen into EU limbo.
shootingwomprats
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Fri May 21, 2021 11:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shootingwomprats wrote:
Forceally wrote:
Didn't someone already create stats for him as part of the Revenge of the Sith sourcebook project that was in high gear on these boards about a decade ago? Regretfully, that seems to have fallen into EU limbo.

Could be, I will check.

Okay, I looked at the stats created for Raymus from the RotS and to me he appears even more powerful than he would have 19 years later in Rogue One and ANH. Also he trained in diplomacy, yet his character does not refelct this. What do you guys think?

Quote:
Captain Raymus Antilles (as of Revenge of the Sith)
Type: Starship Captain
DEXTERITY 3D+1
Blaster 6D, brawling parry 4D, dodge 4D+2, melee combat 4D, melee parry 4D+1
KNOWLEDGE 2D+1
Intimidation 5D+1, languages 4D, planetary systems 3D+2, tactics 4D+1
MECHANICAL 3D+2
Astrogation 7D, capital ship gunnery 7D, capital ship piloting 7D+1, capital ship shields 6D+2. space transports 6D, starfighter piloting 5D, starship gunnery 5D+2
PERCEPTION 3D+1
Command 5D+2, con 5D, persuasion 6D+1
STRENGTH 2D+2
Brawling 3D+2
TECHNICAL 2D+2
Computer programming/repair 5D+1, capital ship repair 5D, capital ship weapon repair 4D+2, space transport repair 4D, starship weapon repair 4D
Force Points: 1
Character Points: 7
Move: 10
Equipment: Blaster pistol (4D), comlink
Source: GG XX: Revenge of the Sith (p.XX)

@swd6podcast, Twitter

Last edited by shootingwomprats on Sat May 22, 2021 12:16 pm; edited 1 time in total
Whill
Dark Lord of the Jedi (Owner/Admin)

Location: Columbus, Ohio, USA, Earth, The Solar System, The Milky Way Galaxy

PostPosted: Sat May 22, 2021 1:43 am    Post subject: Revenge of the Sith Galaxy Guide Reply with quote

shootingwomprats wrote:
Forceally wrote:

Could be, I will check.

Yeah, Gry Sarth made him forthat.

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/5863lzkfzz0ogrz/AACxvjmsQHAR5XsmWDahXcMVa?preview=Characters.doc
Registration/Log-In Help
The Rancor Pit Library
Star Wars D6 Damage
Forceally
Commodore
Commodore

PostPosted: Sat May 22, 2021 6:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bingo.
MrNexx
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Sat May 22, 2021 10:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

shootingwomprats wrote:
MrNexx wrote:

Also, though I did not mention it, the stats are fir Raymus as of 19 BBY, not 0 BBY

Ah, then, yes, those stats are fine.
Naaman
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Sat May 22, 2021 9:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If he's a navy captain, he's quite high ranking (one step away from being an admiral rank). Seems a 4D range in command would be appropriate for an ensign. A leiutenant might be in the 5D range. I'd be comfortable with 6D at a minimum for a captain. Perhaps even up to 7D makes sense to me.

To break down my reasoning, any officer out of the naval academy should graduate with a 4D in command (professional level... like graduating from a trade school). Each promotion brings with it a greater scale of command and responsibility.

Whether he "qualified" for promotion by virtue of unusually high skill, or developed it "under fire," a rise through the ranks should be represented by a proportionate increase in command ability.

To be clear, it seems the 3D range is only appropriate for petty officers/NCOs who go from being a private to a corporal. So, in my mind, 4D is the minimum for an officer's command skill (under normal circumstances).
Whill

PostPosted: Sun May 23, 2021 12:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Are all militaries like the American military and militaries you've fought against? My instinct is no, real world militaries come in a wide variety of qualities. I imagine that some militaries in the world would have officers with lower command skills.

I wasn't aware that Alderaan had much of a navy, but it was the clone wars so maybe they did. If they started it or significantly expanded it because of the clone wars, it would have only had that status for only a few years by 19 BBY, so it may not have been well established.

That being said, the captain was probably hand chosen by Senator Bail Organa to command his counselor ship so would probably be efficient and skilled for that reason, even without being a navy officer.
Registration/Log-In Help
The Rancor Pit Library
Star Wars D6 Damage
MrNexx
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Sun May 23, 2021 9:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Whill wrote:
I wasn't aware that Alderaan had much of a navy, but it was the clone wars so maybe they did. If they started it or significantly expanded it because of the clone wars, it would have only had that status for only a few years by 19 BBY, so it may not have been well established.

I'm pretty sure they did not, partially because the entire point of the Grand Army of the Republic was that no one had much of a military.

I mean, sure, he's called "Captain" Antilles, but pretty much anyone who runs a ship is called "Captain". He could be a space-Uber driver.
Whill

PostPosted: Sun May 23, 2021 2:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MrNexx wrote:
Whill wrote:

I'm pretty sure they did not, partially because the entire point of the Grand Army of the Republic was that no one had much of a military.

I mean, sure, he's called "Captain" Antilles, but pretty much anyone who runs a ship is called "Captain". He could be a space-Uber driver.

We are talking about the royal family of Alderaan and a leading Galactic Senator, so Captain Antilles would be more of a space valet.

It's true that there was no grand army of the Republic until it was established at the start of the Clone War, but that doesn't rule out system and sector fleets from existing in the Republic. Alderaan adopted a no-weapons policy after the war to hide Rebel activity, so it is not impossible that Alderaan had a navy before the way. I just think it is unlikely it would be an expansive one if they did.
Registration/Log-In Help
The Rancor Pit Library
Star Wars D6 Damage
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Characters, Droids, and Species All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: