The Rancor Pit Forum Index
Welcome to The Rancor Pit forums!

The Rancor Pit Forum Index
FAQ   ::   Search   ::   Memberlist   ::   Usergroups   ::   Register   ::   Profile   ::   Log in to check your private messages   ::   Log in

Guardians of the Whills Source Book
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Tools -> Guardians of the Whills Source Book Goto page 1, 2  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
shootingwomprats
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Thu May 27, 2021 11:54 pm    Post subject: Guardians of the Whills Source Book Reply with quote

Anyone want to edit this?

Guardians of the Whills Source Book

http://d6holocron.com/shootingwomprats
@swd6podcast, Twitter
Forceally
Commodore
Commodore

PostPosted: Fri May 28, 2021 1:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

In the name of the Force, man, you need to slow down!!!

In your other works, you had a summary of events at the beginning. That wasn't present in this one. Plan to add it later?
shootingwomprats
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Fri May 28, 2021 6:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Forceally wrote:
In the name of the Force, man, you need to slow down!!!

The majority of these source books have been sitting on my drives since January and February. Couldn't find an editor and want them out there.

Forceally wrote:
In your other works, you had a summary of events at the beginning. That wasn't present in this one. Plan to add it later?

Unless someone else writes a plot summary it will not get done. I am absolute crap at writing book summaries.
@swd6podcast, Twitter
Forceally
Commodore
Commodore

PostPosted: Fri May 28, 2021 11:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If they've been done at an earlier time, and you needed someone to do the covers and images, then okay. You're not burning yourself out releasing all these works in a short period of time.
Forceally
Commodore
Commodore

PostPosted: Thu Jun 03, 2021 8:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm going to do this next, but I want to start off by saying that I remember someone making a Galaxy Guide 13: Rogue One sourcebook, or rather the beginnings of one. It's still a work in progress (WIP). There are stats in that work for the main heroes of the movie - Jyn, Cassian, K-2SO, Baze, Chirrut, and Bodhi. I looked at your stats for Baze and Chirrut, and I compared them to the ones in the WIP. Distinct differences, and not because the Guardians of the Whill takes place before Rogue One. I should also point out that the artwork in the WIP is definitely in keeping with the old WEG Galaxy Guides because I think the one who make the WIP used to work for WEG. So I don't know if you want to consult with the guy who made the WIP, assuming the guy can be contacted.
Whill
Dark Lord of the Jedi (Owner/Admin)

Location: Columbus, Ohio, USA, Earth, The Solar System, The Milky Way Galaxy

PostPosted: Thu Jun 03, 2021 10:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Forceally wrote:
I'm going to do this next, but I want to start off by saying that I remember someone making a Galaxy Guide 13: Rogue One sourcebook, or rather the beginnings of one. It's still a work in progress (WIP). There are stats in that work for the main heroes of the movie - Jyn, Cassian, K-2SO, Baze, Chirrut, and Bodhi. I looked at your stats for Baze and Chirrut, and I compared them to the ones in the WIP. Distinct differences, and not because the Guardians of the Whill takes place before Rogue One. I should also point out that the artwork in the WIP is definitely in keeping with the old WEG Galaxy Guides because I think the one who make the WIP used to work for WEG. So I don't know if you want to consult with the guy who made the WIP, assuming the guy can be contacted.

https://www.rancorpit.com/forums/downloads/Supplements%20for%20Films/Galaxy%20Guide%2013_Rogue%20One_Mint%20Condition.pdf

This? FYI, this is not a work in progress. This is just a quick mock-up to celebrate the Star Wars film franchise returning to the classic era, which was covered by WEG. Just for fun, to enhance our nostalgia experience. And btw, the author happens to be real WEG SW author Eric Trautmann.

Also, someone releasing game stats in PDF form doesn't give it any sort of authority on the matter. Even stats being officially published by WEG does not necessarily mean they are good stats. Don may disagree with some choices he made. It is part of the forum guidelines that there is never any requirement to achieve consensus about stats or rules on these forums, so users are not required to work together or agree on stats. (There have been huge blow-ups on stats here, such as the infamous RotS Obi-Wan incident.) Every GM should feel free to make stats whatever they feel they should be regardless of what has come out previously. We share it and it may inspire others, or not. Stats are highly subjective to the GM using them. I highly recommend every GM tweak all stats from any source to their own liking.
Registration/Log-In Help
The Rancor Pit Library
Star Wars D6 Damage
Forceally
Commodore
Commodore

PostPosted: Thu Jun 03, 2021 11:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Woan Barso: the only skill related to zero-G that I have seen is the Mechanical skill powersuit operation: spacetrooper armor used by Zero-G Assault Stormtroopers from The Thrawn Trilogy Sourcebook. But if he's not using a powersuit, maybe you should give him a special ability to show his adeptness in functioning in zero-G. Don't know for certain, but if a person is in zero-g, some of his Dexterity and Strength skills will be reduced due to the environment. However, if someone is trained in zero-G, this penalty can be reduced or negated all together. Just like how you gave the Tico sisters in the Cobalt Squadron sourcebook the special ability of having +1D to survival in cold environments. Also, it should be first aid, not first Aid.

Benthic "Two Tubes": This actually applies to all instances of the Tognath, be it characters or the Alien Stats write-up. You have Primitive Nervous System, and then an explanation about the eyes. You then have Primitive Nervous Systems, and describe how they don't feel pain like most others do. Did you mean Eye sensitivity for the first one?
Forceally
Commodore
Commodore

PostPosted: Sat Jun 05, 2021 11:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Whill, that's what I was talking about. I only knew that it was made by someone who once worked for WEG. In my mind, that placed the work higher on the canonicity scale for me, so as to speak.

WEG stats and materials
Stats converted from WOTC (OCRB/RCRB/Saga)
Purely fan-made stats

I'd say it would have fit in between the top two.

Anyway, back to the work.

Dobias Cole-Truten: You capitalized all of his skills, when only the first one needed to be capitalized. Also, you gave two of the skills (s), as if denoting specialization. Having the colon would have been enough to denote specialization. Like blaster: blaster rifle, starfighter piloting: X-wing, etc. You should also indicate what would happen if he fails or doesn't make the required stamina roll.
Whill
Dark Lord of the Jedi (Owner/Admin)

Location: Columbus, Ohio, USA, Earth, The Solar System, The Milky Way Galaxy

PostPosted: Mon Jun 07, 2021 4:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Forceally wrote:
Whill, that's what I was talking about. I only knew that it was made by someone who once worked for WEG. In my mind, that placed the work higher on the canonicity scale for me, so as to speak.

WEG stats and materials
Stats converted from WOTC (OCRB/RCRB/Saga)
Purely fan-made stats

I'd say it would have fit in between the top two.

That helps to understand your personal "canon" scale for stats. You thought "GG13" was a preview of an incomplete fan work. Without knowing that it was a former WEG author, or that the document was not a serious attempt at stats, or that it was considered complete for what it was, it would just be fan vs fan. Based on your hierarchy, both Don and the prior author would be equally on your third level, so I can kinda see where your question came from.

But your question seems to suggest that any two fans both making fan documents with overlapping material should consult with each other. If that's your opinion, that's fine, but I read your question with an expectation of what should happen. I say again, there is no requirement to ever achieve consensus here. Requiring consensus would devalue minority rules/stats opinions. In other worlds, Don's stats are just as good as anyone else's, so Don should not feel he has to reconcile his stats with anyone.

We are all free to value stats based on origin as we see fit. My personal hierarchy is simpler than yours:

(1) My stats
(2) Anyone else's regardless of origin or method of derivation.

In other words, no stats are "canon" to me but my own, but even those are subject to change. Official stats are wildly inconsistent, and by many different authors. The flaws I see with the conversion standard is that assumes that the stat in the other system was good in the first place, and that the conversion system is good. I can take inspiration from anywhere, so I also can and do disregard even official stats. I view all stats as merely suggestions of the author that created them, and I encourage all other GMs to take into consideration what all is out there, official or unofficial, and then do whatever works best for their game regardless.
Registration/Log-In Help
The Rancor Pit Library
Star Wars D6 Damage
Forceally
Commodore
Commodore

PostPosted: Tue Jun 08, 2021 12:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Missed a typo - Woan Barson instead of Woan Barso.

Weeteef Cyu-Bee: You don't need to have Species Special Abilities. Just Sepcial Abilities. That's what you had in Benthic's stats. He uses explosives, so demolitions is expected. But does demolitions also cover creating explosives? I checked the Roleplaying Game Sourcebook - REUP, and it's not entirely clear there. I always believed demolitions covers the creation and dismantling of bombs, mines, etc. as well.

Saw Gerrera: Why do you have (First Query)?
Forceally
Commodore
Commodore

PostPosted: Tue Jun 08, 2021 7:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Leevan Tenza - What I said before about Dobias Cole-Truten applies here as well. You put an (s) in front of blaster: rifle, hide: camouflage, and sneak: foest/jungle. You don't need the (s).

Gavra Ubrento - Dodge should be dodge. Again, no need to have (s) for value: used vehicle/starship parts, bargain: starship parts and space transports repair: propulsion systems.

CZ-1 Tutor Droid - It should be Industrial Automaton, not Industrial Automation

For reference, some of the entries have stats provided by FFG. I figure when someone gets to converting those books, the entries will be edited accordingly. Here are the entries and where they can be found:

KX-series security droid: Dawn of Rebellion
Jedha: Dawn of Rebellion
Zeta-class Cargo Shuttle: Dawn of Rebellion, Starship and Speeder
TX-225 GAVw "Occupier" Combat Assault Tank: Dawn of Rebellion, Starship and Speeder
Ubrikkian K79-S80: Forged in Battle, Starship and Speeder

I checked, and you have d6 stats for the KX-series droid in the Chewbacca and Forest of Fear Sourcebook, so this applies there as well.
Mamatried
Commodore
Commodore

PostPosted: Wed Jun 09, 2021 12:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I love the concept of the guardians.

This book is candy.....mmmmmmmmm Nom Nom Nom
shootingwomprats
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Wed Jun 09, 2021 1:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Forceally wrote:
... does demolitions also cover creating explosives?

Yes, demolitions includes the making, defusing and proper use of explosives.

Forceally wrote:
Saw Gerrera: Why do you have (First Query)?

Huh? Please explain in greater detail. I do not understand.

Forceally wrote:
Zeta-class Cargo Shuttle: Dawn of Rebellion, Starship and Speeder
TX-225 GAVw "Occupier" Combat Assault Tank: Dawn of Rebellion, Starship and Speeder
Ubrikkian K79-S80: Forged in Battle, Starship and Speeder

I am not sure how you missed this, but I converted and released Starships and Speeders D6 months ago.

Forceally wrote:
I checked, and you have d6 stats for the KX-series droid in the Chewbacca and Forest of Fear Sourcebook, so this applies there as well.

I am unclear about what you are attempting to point out. Yes the stats for the KX-series appears in The Mighty Chewbacca and the Forest of Fear Source Book. And?
@swd6podcast, Twitter
Forceally
Commodore
Commodore

PostPosted: Wed Jun 09, 2021 7:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

In regards to Saw Gerrera, here's what I'm talking about. I boldfaced what I'm asking about:

Equipment: Atmospheric sensor sampler (Easy sensors roll provides basic analysis of surrounding atmosphere), cybernetic foot plate (+1D vs. physical and energy damage, right foot only. (1st Query) Functions as replacement appendage)

Next, I was pointing out that the KX-series was in this one and the Chewie and Forest of Fear one. At the time, I knew that FFG had stats for the KX-series, but no one had made a conversion of it or of any of the stats presented in any of the FFG books. You saying you made a conversion of the Starships and Speeders stats is the first I've heard of it. Can you post a link to it , as well as any other FFG books that might have been converted.
shootingwomprats
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Wed Jun 09, 2021 8:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Forceally wrote:
... foot only. (1st Query) Functions ...

Thank you, now I can find it =)

Forceally wrote:
Next, I was pointing out that the KX-series was in this one and the Chewie and Forest of Fear one. At the time, I knew that FFG had stats for the KX-series, but no one had made a conversion of it or of any of the stats presented in any of the FFG books. You saying you made a conversion of the Starships and Speeders stats is the first I've heard of it. Can you post a link to it , as well as any other FFG books that might have been converted.

On Mar-15-2021 Whill posted the file to THE LIBRARY of FAN-MADE SUPPLEMENTS thread.

On Mar-17-2021 you even commented.
@swd6podcast, Twitter
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Tools All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: