The Rancor Pit Forum Index
Welcome to The Rancor Pit forums!

The Rancor Pit Forum Index
FAQ   ::   Search   ::   Memberlist   ::   Usergroups   ::   Register   ::   Profile   ::   Log in to check your private messages   ::   Log in

Dice generator for smartphone
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> House Rules -> Dice generator for smartphone
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Forceally
Commodore
Commodore

PostPosted: Tue Jun 15, 2021 12:30 pm    Post subject: Dice generator for smartphone Reply with quote

I got an e-mail the other day from DM Drakkar. Don't know the guy, so I thought it would be junk mail. But I read it, and I found part of it to be of possible use for us. Here's the context:

We re Drakkarti, a startup that develops apps to assist players in several RPG games and boardgames.

We invite you to discover Rolld, a free app that generates different types of dices (numeric, alphanumeric, for RPG, for table games, customized) and allows you to roll as much dice as you want, add modifiers, consult the history and more, all in a very intuitive way:

Android: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.Drakkar.Rolld

IOS: https://apps.apple.com/us/developer/drakkar-ti/id1449173854

Despite being an app launched just over 7 months ago, it is already present on the smartphones of more than 15,000 users in 89 countries.

It was an app made by fans for fans of this type of game. Therefore, feel free to download the application, send us feedbacks and if you find it interesting to help us with the disclosure, =)

We thank you for the opportunity, and if you are interested in knowing more about the app or company visit www.drakkarti.com or send us a message, we will be happy to return to you.

Best regards and good play!

Here are the links for the app:
Rolld for Android
Rolld for iOS
Whill
Dark Lord of the Jedi (Owner/Admin)

Location: Columbus, Ohio, USA, Earth, The Solar System, The Milky Way Galaxy

PostPosted: Tue Jun 15, 2021 2:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Damnit. I recently had an app on my phone that might have been this one, but I think I uninstalled it so I can't say for sure. It was either shared here or on Facebook. I'm not sure now. Thanks for sharing this.

The big question for us is, Does it handle the D6 wild die?
Registration/Log-In Help
The Rancor Pit Library
Star Wars D6 Damage
Forceally
Commodore
Commodore

PostPosted: Tue Jun 15, 2021 2:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Question

I just wanted to let you know about this. I don't know if it'll do what you want it to do. Guess you're going to have to try it out.
Whill
Dark Lord of the Jedi (Owner/Admin)

Location: Columbus, Ohio, USA, Earth, The Solar System, The Milky Way Galaxy

PostPosted: Tue Jun 15, 2021 9:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Forceally, that wasn't my personal question or what I personally want it to do. I was speaking for the community as a whole. I do that sometimes.

Do you not use the wild die in your game? Please note that most of us do use the wild die, so most here who might use a phone app to roll dice would require it to have wild die functionality. You shared it here. The wild die is an important question because this app will have limited utility here if it doesn't. I would suggest including wild die yes or no when you first share an app here, since this question is so fundamental to our game. If not, someone is going to ask.

For me personally, the question is inconsequential. I personally would not use a phone app at all (even with the wild die) because I like rolling dice. But that is just me. I felt that the wild die question was more important for the community as a whole than my personal statement that I probably won't use the app anyway.
Registration/Log-In Help
The Rancor Pit Library
Star Wars D6 Damage
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> House Rules All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: