The Rancor Pit Forum Index
Welcome to The Rancor Pit forums!

The Rancor Pit Forum Index
FAQ   ::   Search   ::   Memberlist   ::   Usergroups   ::   Register   ::   Profile   ::   Log in to check your private messages   ::   Log in

Top 3 fave songs from films..
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Miscellanea -> Top 3 fave songs from films..
View previous topic :: View next topic  
garhkal
Sovereign Protector
Sovereign Protector

PostPosted: Mon May 08, 2023 11:56 pm    Post subject: Top 3 fave songs from films.. Reply with quote

So since we're all geeks around here, What are some of your favorite songs/musical accompanyments from NON SW Films?

For one of mine, it would have to be Ed Sheeran's I See Fire from the Desolation of Smaug film..
Whill
Dark Lord of the Jedi (Owner/Admin)

Location: Columbus, Ohio, USA, Earth, The Solar System, The Milky Way Galaxy

PostPosted: Tue May 09, 2023 12:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If we're talking songs and not scores, just watch Dazed & Confused. Thin on plot but huge on great songs. If you haven't seen it, the movie takes place in May 1976, so all the songs are rock songs from the early to mid-70s, except for song one from '68.
Registration/Log-In Help
The Rancor Pit Library
Star Wars D6 Damage
jtanzer
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

PostPosted: Tue May 09, 2023 12:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Let's see...

Raider's March, the Das Bote theme, anything from the LoTR Trilogy, The Longest Day, old school (animated) Disney (pick one, they're all good), Battlestar Galactica (1978 and surprisingly the reboot alongside the chant), and this Gem of a Spine Tingler The Hunt For Red October
Mamatried
Commodore
Commodore

PostPosted: Tue May 09, 2023 8:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Das Boot theme
It's a Long Road (First Blood)
Good bad & ugly
DougRed4
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Fri May 12, 2023 3:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

All three Guardians of the Galaxy films (especially the first) have great soundtracks.

I'm partial to Into the West by Annie Lennox from Return of the King.
TauntaunScout
Line Captain
Line Captain

PostPosted: Wed Jun 07, 2023 9:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ennio Morricone's work on The ManWith No Name obviously. But the thing that immediately springs to mind, not even sure what it's called, is the music at the end of The Road Warrior for the narrator's voice-over. Friggin' haunting.
KageRyu
Commodore
Commodore

PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2023 12:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

O Fortuna/Carmina Burana by Carl Orff as used in Excalibur
Order of Death by Public Image (had a different name I thought) from the Hardware movie.
The Akira soundtrack from the movie (I am especially partial to Kaneida's theme).
Cruel Angel Thesis and a cover of Fly me to the Moon from Neon Genesis Evangelion
The opening theme to Robotech (purely nostalgic)
The Transformer Movie soundtrack (from the 80s - animated) has so many songs I like...

I could go on and on for a long time... So let me just say this. I have a very Eclectic music libray (over 130gb of mixed bitrate MP3s and several hundred CDs). This ranges from movie, video game, anime, and TV soundtracks through various genres such as metal, rock, indie, grunge, classical, etc...
Often, when I would organize a new game, I would put thought into the style and theme and sit at my pc and mix together a soundtrack for the game from this library. Often this would start with a main mix that would be opening and ending themes and a few pieces for certain types of moods (this was back in the days of CD mind you - would be a lot easier today with a good tablet and some usb stick) later I would make second and third mixes with some input from players for their character;s themes, recurring NPCs etc... I first did something like this with my first Star Wars games where I kept the 2 disc Star Wars soundtrack and several other related Star Wars CDs handy to play music from. I expanded the idea after playing a game called Mekton which heavily encouraged musical accompaniment. I even started playing music during tabletop wargames at one point.
RyanDarkstar
Commander
Commander

PostPosted: Sun Jul 02, 2023 10:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Favorite Scores:
Krull - Main Title and Colwyn's Arrival by James Horner
Rocketeer To The Rescue - End Title by James Horner
Star Trek the Motion Picture - The Enterprise by Jerry Goldsmith

Honorable Score Mentions:
The 13th Warrior - Old Bagdad by Jerry Goldsmith
Alien - Main Title (unused) by Jerry Goldsmith
Aliens - Combat Drop, Ripley's Rescue, Futile Escape and Bishop's Countdown by James Horner
The Black Hole - Overture by John Barry
Captain America (end theme) by Alan Silvestri
Conan the Barbarian - Anvil of Krom by Basil Poledouris
Independence Day end theme by David Arnold
The Island - My Name Is Lincoln by Steve Jablonsky
The Lord of the Rings: Fellowship of the Ring - Concerning Hobbits and The Bridge Of Khazad Dum by Howard Shore
Meet Joe Black - That Next Place by Thomas Newman
Stargate end theme by David Arnold
Superman the Motion Picture - Theme from Superman, The Planet Krypton, Jonathan's Death, Leaving Home, Helicopter Sequence, The Flying Sequence, Turning Back the World, and The Prison Yard/End Titles by John Williams
Superman Returns - Main Titles, Rough Flight, How Could You Leave Us?, and Not Like the Train Set by John Ottman
Thor - Sons of Odin and Thor Kills the Destroyer by Patrick Doyle
Wing Commander - Overture by David Arnold
X2: X-Men United - Suite from X2 by John Ottman

Favorite Soundtrack Songs:
Transformers the Movie - Dare and The Touch by Stan Bush
St. Elmo's Fire (Man in Motion) by John Parr
Tangled - I See the Light by Mandy Moore and Zachary Levi
Treasure Planet - I'm Still Here (Jim's Theme) - John Rzeznik
Labyrinth - Underground, Magic Dance, As the World Falls Down and Within You by David Bowie
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Miscellanea All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: