The Rancor Pit Forum Index
Welcome to The Rancor Pit forums!

The Rancor Pit Forum Index
FAQ   ::   Search   ::   Memberlist   ::   Usergroups   ::   Register   ::   Profile   ::   Log in to check your private messages   ::   Log in

The Force and Falling Damage
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> House Rules -> The Force and Falling Damage Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
View previous topic :: View next topic  
CRMcNeill
Director of Engineering
Director of Engineering

Location: Redding System, California Sector, on the I-5 Hyperspace Route.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 21, 2021 11:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dredwulf60 wrote:
While I personally wouldn't quote Palladium rules systems for anything, (I hate that system so much) I did play a fair bit of Ninjas and Superspies in my day (I had to learn to hate the system somewhere...)

Same. I got my start on RPGs playing Palladium's Robotech, and it's only possible to like Palladium's rules if you've never played anything else, and thus have nothing else to compare it to.

I have no plans to port any of Palladium's rule systems over, but some of their concepts make for useful crossover fodder. Frankly, I think karumi-jutsu makes more sense in the SWU than it does in Ninjas & Superspies.

Quote:
So with that rationale, I think they Jedi should be able to learn how to dissipate the energy from a fall as a power and perhaps link the difficulty of it to how much falling inertia they need the Force to account for.

Yes. It certainly shouldn't happen automatically, but there is mention in the EU of Jedi being trained in parkour-style movement techniques, as well. A combination of the two should allow a Force user who isn't wounded or otherwise unable to take the appropriate action to survive falls from great height.

The CRMcNeill Stat/Rule Index
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> House Rules All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: