The Rancor Pit Forum Index
Welcome to The Rancor Pit forums!

The Rancor Pit Forum Index
FAQ   ::   Search   ::   Memberlist   ::   Usergroups   ::   Register   ::   Profile   ::   Log in to check your private messages   ::   Log in

Glitch?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> The Rancor Pit Users/Forums Info -> Glitch?
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Dr. Bidlo
Commander
Commander

PostPosted: Sat Jan 15, 2022 11:57 am    Post subject: Glitch? Reply with quote

I see "Commanding a Capital Ship in Combat" under CRMcNeill's Index, but it is only listed as a work in progress. When I reviewed the thread, it didn't look like there have been any posts there for several years.

Did the rules never get to the point where they were finished enough to be solid? Is it a topic worth reviving? Based on the campaign I run, it would be very useful to me if others would like to resume the discussions.
CRMcNeill
Director of Engineering
Director of Engineering

Location: Redding System, California Sector, on the I-5 Hyperspace Route.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 15, 2022 12:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You don’t need to start a completely new topic to ask this. Just bump the Commanding Capital Ships topic.

The CRMcNeill Stat/Rule Index
Dr. Bidlo
Commander
Commander

PostPosted: Sat Jan 15, 2022 2:07 pm    Post subject: Glitch? Reply with quote

Ah, I had tried to post a comment to the original thread, but it kept kicking me out the the main Index, so I thought it might have been locked and I started a new one. However, the same thing happened to me when I tried to respond to this thread, so must be some sort of glitch... can I delete this thread entirely?
CRMcNeill
Director of Engineering
Director of Engineering

Location: Redding System, California Sector, on the I-5 Hyperspace Route.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 15, 2022 3:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't think you can, but Whill reads all of this stuff and can lock the thread if he deems it necessary. Just ask your questions in the other topic and I'll respond there. I haven't encountered that particular glitch before; is it possible you were automatically signed out and needed to log in again before you reply?

The CRMcNeill Stat/Rule Index
Whill
Dark Lord of the Jedi (Owner/Admin)

Location: Columbus, Ohio, USA, Earth, The Solar System, The Milky Way Galaxy

PostPosted: Sat Jan 15, 2022 10:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dr. Bidlo wrote:
Ah, I had tried to post a comment to the original thread, but it kept kicking me out the the main Index, so I thought it might have been locked and I started a new one. However, the same thing happened to me when I tried to respond to this thread, so must be some sort of glitch...
CRMcNeill wrote:
I haven't encountered that particular glitch before; is it possible you were automatically signed out and needed to log in again before you reply?

I have an idea about that based a different experience I sometimes have with links here, often in McNeill's Index. Bidlo, I'd be interested in hearing what OS and browser you are using when this happens. And when that happens, if you scroll up does it show you as logged in in that tab?

When I click on the proper thread link in this thread or in the McNeill Index, it brings up a new tab that does not show me logged in there, even though I am logged in in this tab. Bidlo, a quick solution may be to just log in in the tab that pops up, and then you should be able to post a reply. Please let me know if that doesn't work.

CRMcNeill wrote:
I don't think you can, but Whill reads all of this stuff and can lock the thread if he deems it necessary. Just ask your questions in the other topic and I'll respond there.

Bidlo, yes, please ask your question there. I'll take care of this thread.
Registration/Log-In Help
The Rancor Pit Library
Star Wars D6 Damage
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> The Rancor Pit Users/Forums Info All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: