The Rancor Pit Forum Index
Welcome to The Rancor Pit forums!

The Rancor Pit Forum Index
FAQ   ::   Search   ::   Memberlist   ::   Usergroups   ::   Register   ::   Profile   ::   Log in to check your private messages   ::   Log in

Funny Concept: Accidental Sith....
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Characters, Droids, and Species -> Funny Concept: Accidental Sith....
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Mamatried
Commodore
Commodore

PostPosted: Tue Mar 29, 2022 11:10 am    Post subject: Funny Concept: Accidental Sith.... Reply with quote

I had this funny thought the other day, a fairly new apprentice to a sith lord suddenly beomming the lord himself because his sith master suddenly dies in some freak accident.

What would really happen then, would not according to the rule of two then the untrained and fairly new apprentice now become the master?
TauntaunScout
Line Captain
Line Captain

PostPosted: Tue Mar 29, 2022 12:03 pm    Post subject: Re: Funny Concept: Accidental Sith.... Reply with quote

Mamatried wrote:
I had this funny thought the other day, a fairly new apprentice to a sith lord suddenly beomming the lord himself because his sith master suddenly dies in some freak accident.

What would really happen then, would not according to the rule of two then the untrained and fairly new apprentice now become the master?

I mean he might but... he'd suck.

The rule of two is more like a guideline that Lucas envisioned, according to his commentary on DVD's anyways. It's the idea that because Sith are so ambitious and evil, there can't be MORE than two for very long. If there's ever 3, the two apprentices will kill their master so that they can move up in the pecking order. Or the master will feel threatened by his senior apprentices skills and team up with the apprentice to kill them.
Mamatried
Commodore
Commodore

PostPosted: Tue Mar 29, 2022 12:13 pm    Post subject: Re: Funny Concept: Accidental Sith.... Reply with quote

TauntaunScout wrote:
Mamatried wrote:

I mean he might but... he'd suck.

The rule of two is more like a guideline that Lucas envisioned, according to his commentary on DVD's anyways. It's the idea that because Sith are so ambitious and evil, there can't be MORE than two for very long. If there's ever 3, the two apprentices will kill their master so that they can move up in the pecking order. Or the master will feel threatened by his senior apprentices skills and team up with the apprentice to kill them.

it was my inital thought as well, but still kind of a funny thing, and I can actually think not something totally unlikely.

We have inicdents of very powerful jedi being killed in accidents, or as collateral, like have a ship blown up by pirates etc with them on borad.

but yes he would be weak, and becuse "new" in training and maybe even "new" to his connection to the dark side he may not actually be as "dark side" as a much stronger sith, and how that would develop and change things is a concetp that I think is a little fun to play aound with
Ziz
Sub-Lieutenant
Sub-Lieutenant

PostPosted: Tue Mar 29, 2022 12:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just like in Spider-Man: No Way Home. Wong became Sorcerer Supreme by default because Strange was blipped for five years. Doesn't make the survivor incompetent - he just happened to be the last one standing at that moment. Beyond that, it would depend on character development, training, experience, etc. - everything that the character learned/hadn't learned up to that point.

For your specific concept, it would be interesting to have this character tread the line between light and dark for a bit, see where other characters push him towards over the course of a campaign.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Characters, Droids, and Species All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: