The Rancor Pit Forum Index
Welcome to The Rancor Pit forums!

The Rancor Pit Forum Index
FAQ   ::   Search   ::   Memberlist   ::   Usergroups   ::   Register   ::   Profile   ::   Log in to check your private messages   ::   Log in

Vulture Droid stats in walker mode
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Ships, Vehicles, Equipment, and Tech -> Vulture Droid stats in walker mode
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Marsbot
Cadet
Cadet

PostPosted: Sat Dec 24, 2022 9:46 pm    Post subject: Vulture Droid stats in walker mode Reply with quote

I’ve been looking around and can’t find the stats the Vulture Droid’s walker mode. Definitely have stats for it as a starfighter, but no dice on the walker mode. Anyone point me in the right direction or have some home brew they want to share?

Much appreciated!
Inquisitor1138
Captain
Captain

PostPosted: Sat Dec 24, 2022 10:10 pm    Post subject: Re: Vulture Droid stats in walker mode Reply with quote

Marsbot wrote:
I’ve been looking around and can’t find the stats the Vulture Droid’s walker mode. Definitely have stats for it as a starfighter, but no dice on the walker mode. Anyone point me in the right direction or have some home brew they want to share?

Much appreciated!

Try The Rancor Pit Library, https://rancorpit.com/forums/downloads/index.html, D6 Conversion to the Clone Wars Campaign Guide *should* have it i think!
Bounty Hunting is a Complicated Profession... Wouldn't you agree?
Game Mastering is a Complicated Profession... Wouldn't you agree?
Count Dooku: Your swords, please. We don't want to make a mess of things in front of the Chancellor.
CRMcNeill
Director of Engineering
Director of Engineering

Location: Redding System, California Sector, on the I-5 Hyperspace Route.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 24, 2022 11:37 pm    Post subject: Re: Vulture Droid stats in walker mode Reply with quote

Marsbot wrote:

Much appreciated!

I've never been able to find any, just stats for starfighter-mode. The deeper problem is why a starfighter would need the added complexity and vulnerability of being able to transform into a walker in the first place; there doesn't seem to be an obvious need for it.

My theory is that, much like the droid army itself, the Separatists used a clever ruse of utilizing droids that could plausibly be passed off as being for civilian use, such as using a general purpose droid frame to make battle droids. In the case of the Vulture Droids, they would be armed scout droids, deployed from orbit to make scans of a planet's surface. If they detect something worthy of closer inspection, they can transform into Walker mode, land and take a look.

I have some house rule ideas for how to represent this, but the question there is, how far down the house rule rabbit hole are you interested in going?

For a basic, RAW-compliant approach, I would suggest simply changing the Scale between the two modes: when flying, it's a Starfighter; when walking, it's a Walker. The technobabble reasoning behind this would be that, when in flying mode, the fighter generates a structural integrity field that helps stabilize it against the g-forces involved in space flight and combat maneuvering, as well as protecting the joints. When in walking mode, the field deactivates, allowing the joints to function (and increasing maneuverability), but also reducing the ship's ability to resist damage.

From there, the only thing you'd need would be a much lower Speed for use in Walking mode. I'd go for 30; 90kmh, but that's just me.

The CRMcNeill Stat/Rule Index
Marsbot
Cadet
Cadet

PostPosted: Sat Dec 24, 2022 11:42 pm    Post subject: Re: Vulture Droid stats in walker mode Reply with quote

Inquisitor1138 wrote:
Try The Rancor Pit Library, https://rancorpit.com/forums/downloads/index.html, D6 Conversion to the Clone Wars Campaign Guide *should* have it i think!

I’ve got that pdf, I actually can’t find the Vulture droid in it at all. I’ve got it in the “starship guide” but it doesn’t cover the walker mode.
Inquisitor1138
Captain
Captain

PostPosted: Sun Dec 25, 2022 3:08 am    Post subject: Re: Vulture Droid stats in walker mode Reply with quote

Marsbot wrote:
Inquisitor1138 wrote:

I’ve got that pdf, I actually can’t find the Vulture droid in it at all. I’ve got it in the “starship guide” but it doesn’t cover the walker mode.

https://www.rancorpit.com/forums/downloads/Supplements%20for%20Films/GG13%20-%20The%20Phantom%20Menace.pdf
page 12
Bounty Hunting is a Complicated Profession... Wouldn't you agree?
Game Mastering is a Complicated Profession... Wouldn't you agree?
Count Dooku: Your swords, please. We don't want to make a mess of things in front of the Chancellor.
Marsbot
Cadet
Cadet

PostPosted: Sun Dec 25, 2022 10:20 am    Post subject: Re: Vulture Droid stats in walker mode Reply with quote

Inquisitor1138 wrote:
https://www.rancorpit.com/forums/downloads/Supplements%20for%20Films/GG13%20-%20The%20Phantom%20Menace.pdf
page 12

Much obliged.

CRMcNeill wrote:
I’d go for 30; 90kmh, but that’s just me

You may have been going from half forgotten memory, that’s what’s in the book.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Ships, Vehicles, Equipment, and Tech All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: