The Rancor Pit Forum Index
Welcome to The Rancor Pit forums!

The Rancor Pit Forum Index
FAQ   ::   Search   ::   Memberlist   ::   Usergroups   ::   Register   ::   Profile   ::   Log in to check your private messages   ::   Log in

Rebel Moon
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Miscellanea -> Rebel Moon
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Whill
Dark Lord of the Jedi (Owner/Admin)

Location: Columbus, Ohio, USA, Earth, The Solar System, The Milky Way Galaxy

PostPosted: Thu Nov 23, 2023 1:05 am    Post subject: Rebel Moon Reply with quote

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_rHLOXbFZtI

I'm looking forward to this. Part One comes to Netflix in December after a limited theatrical release. Part Two comes to Netflix in April.

It actually hits Netflix on December 21st at 7:00pm Pacific (4:00pm Eastern?)
Registration/Log-In Help
The Rancor Pit Library
Star Wars D6 Damage
Kytross
Line Captain
Line Captain

PostPosted: Fri Nov 24, 2023 1:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am one of the apathetic millions. I don't care about main stream Sci-fi/fantasy anymore. I'm still incredibly passionate about it, but the mainstream isn't where I renew that passion.

That 'no heroes' tag line is making me care even less.

I'm not rooting against Rebel Moon. I'm not rooting for it either.
Whill
Dark Lord of the Jedi (Owner/Admin)

Location: Columbus, Ohio, USA, Earth, The Solar System, The Milky Way Galaxy

PostPosted: Fri Nov 24, 2023 3:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kytross wrote:
I am one of the apathetic millions. I don't care about main stream Sci-fi/fantasy anymore.

I'm curious what this means. Do you mean just a general body of people with apathy in general? Or sci-fi/fantasy fans are in general apathetic? Or is there a growing number of fans with the general body of sci-i/fantasy fans who are apathetic about the state of sci-i/fantasy?

Quote:
I don't care about main stream Sci-fi/fantasy anymore. I'm still incredibly passionate about it, but the mainstream isn't where I renew that passion.

This by itself is a clear statement about yourself. This seems prejudice, pre-judging the quality of any new sci-fi/fantasy so it has no chance to be good in your view. Of course, you are free to operate that way, but it is an extremely pessimistic approach to entertainment I try to avoid.

Quote:
That 'no heroes' tag line is making me care even less.

The full tagline is, "There are no heroes. Only rebels." I'm sure that means something with respect to the story. It doesn't necessarily mean there are literally no heroes. It may mean that the heroes aren't heroes in the traditional sense.

Quote:
I'm not rooting against Rebel Moon. I'm not rooting for it either.

Not quite sure what you mean. Not rooting for it to be good or successful?

It will either be good or it won't. I hope it will be good so I have new entertainment to enjoy.

If it is good, I hope it is successful too but if it isn't successful than it would at be good. If it isn't good, I don't care how successful it is.

Quote:
Rebel Moon

I had my misgivings about TFA but gave TLJ a chance. When that took a bad turn, I was still optimistic TRoS could make it an actual trilogy that could fit in the greater saga and be overall good. It failed. I am understandably not looking forward to Episode X based on my experience.

Zack Snyder has made some fantastic movies I've really enjoyed. He's also made some movies I was rather 'meh' about. He's never made Star Wars-inspired space opera/sci-fi before. It could be great, so I am looking forward to it.
Registration/Log-In Help
The Rancor Pit Library
Star Wars D6 Damage
Kytross
Line Captain
Line Captain

PostPosted: Sat Nov 25, 2023 1:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The apathetic millions is a reference to the malaise the general audience has toward sci-fi and fantasy, and now superhero films. The customers are buying a fraction of the tickets to these films compared to pre-2020.

|+|+|+|+|+|

I'm not pre-judging the films, I don't care about them. After years of faithfully watching what they've produced they've lost me as a customer.

Frankly, I need a break.

|+|+|+|+|+|

I'm tired of anti-heroes. It's past time for a traditional, actual hero. Someone who happily helps people. Someone with a positive view on life.

Maybe I need... A New Hope? Cool

|+|+|+|+|+|

I'm not rooting for Rebel Moon. I don't care anymore. It could be great. Maybe it will be. For you Whill, I hope it is. Me, I need a break.
garhkal
Sovereign Protector
Sovereign Protector

PostPosted: Sat Nov 25, 2023 5:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kytross wrote:
The apathetic millions is a reference to the malaise the general audience has toward sci-fi and fantasy, and now superhero films. The customers are buying a fraction of the tickets to these films compared to pre-2020.

This. Its more of a burnout than anything else..

Kytross wrote:

I'm not pre-judging the films, I don't care about them. After years of faithfully watching what they've produced they've lost me as a customer.

Frankly, I need a break.

You're not the only one.

Kytross wrote:

I'm tired of anti-heroes. It's past time for a traditional, actual hero. Someone who happily helps people. Someone with a positive view on life.

Maybe I need... A New Hope? Cool

Exactly. We've had lots of 'anti-heroes' in the fore of films/shows recently. Get back to ACTUAL heroes please.
DougRed4
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Thu Nov 30, 2023 3:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm generally more optimistic than most, I suppose.

While there has been plenty of movies that have disappointed much of geekdom lately, for the most part I've enjoyed them, even with their flaws. Like the more recent entries in the MCU. They've not been as good as the material at the height of the superhero craze (like Infinity War/Endgame), but they've still been entertaining to me. I have yet to suffer any superhero (or sci-fi) fatigue.

I have liked pretty much everything Zack Snyder has done before (even Sucker Punch), so I'm very much looking forward to this one.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Miscellanea All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: