The Rancor Pit Forum Index
Welcome to The Rancor Pit forums!

The Rancor Pit Forum Index
FAQ   ::   Search   ::   Memberlist   ::   Usergroups   ::   Register   ::   Profile   ::   Log in to check your private messages   ::   Log in

//wip// Sienar SH-19a L.A.P.C
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Ships, Vehicles, Equipment, and Tech -> //wip// Sienar SH-19a L.A.P.C
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Inquisitor1138
Captain
Captain

PostPosted: Mon Jan 16, 2023 11:20 pm    Post subject: //wip// Sienar SH-19a L.A.P.C Reply with quote

[img]https://scontent.fagc3-2.fna.fbcdn.net/v/t39.30808-6/300195006_10160215105028624_4151020839486555339_n.png?_nc_cat=108&ccb=1-7&_nc_sid=730e14&_nc_ohc=GtW_KxEfQM0AX-mNRz6&_nc_ht=scontent.fagc3-2.fna&oh=00_AfAEP0mlBHPWLQbeb1X2J9Ht6upmxVhW6LFggzM-neO0Vw&oe=63CB8BCD[/img]

https://www.imperialcenterstore.com/scat/1/product/1393/
SH-19a LAPC
Quantity in Stock: 35
Number Sold: 15
Price: 97,500 ICs
Class: Patrol Craft
Corporation: Sienar Fleet Systems
Hyperdrive: -
Sublight: 92 MGLT x 0.08 = Space 7
Weapon(s): 2xChin-mounted blaster cannon
2xVariable turret (either Laser cannon, ion disruptors, proton/gas grenade launchers, or light guided missile launcher (4))
Length: 14.7 m
Hull (RU): 65 x 0.6 = Hull in Pips 39; 13D
Shields (SBD): 78 x 0.06 = Shields in Pips 4.69; 1D+2
Crew: 2, 1 pilot, 1 gunner
Passengers: -
Cargo: 90 kg

This is a 1st pass, open to feedback before final writeup.

CRMcNeill wrote:
Incidentally, the ratio I'm using to generate these stats comes from comparing the stats of the X-Wing in both the WEG system and the old X-Wing Computer game. If you're interested in doing your own, and can find the performance values from the computer game, use the following:
    MGLT x 0.08 = Space
    DPF x 0.12 = Maneuverability in Pips
    RU x 0.6 = Hull in Pips
    SBD x 0.06 = Shields in Pips

Then divide any Pip values by 3 to get D ratings.
Obviously, not everything will divide straight across, so you will have to round up or down as you see fit.

Fury/Imperial Center Store
https://www.deviantart.com/hazakhan/art/Sienar-SH-19a-L-A-P-C-705783340
Sienar SH-19a L.A.P.C by Hazakhan
The SH-19a Low-Altitude Patrol-Craft was an atmospheric two-men combat vessel created mere months before the end of the clone wars. The ship was quite successful, until the newly-founded Empire's demands for a reliable starfighter forced Sienar to redirect most of its resources into the TIE project, who would turn out to be the most profitable contract ever made by the company, almost entirely eclipsing the LAPC in the military market.
However the project wasn't abandoned, and production continued, essentially at destination of private owners, planetary governments and even some backwater imperial facilities, as cheap riot-control/police aircrafts.
Most heavy weapons were removed on the later variants, falling to a standard armament of two chin-mounted blaster-cannons and two variable turret equipped with, at the owner's choice, additional laser-cannons, Ion disruptors, proton/gas grenade-launchers, and/or a small quantity of light guided-missiles.
The ship also had a fairly weak shield-generator, protecting it against small-arms fire and greatly improving its atmospheric speed, and could transport at best four people, in rather uncomfortable conditions.
Bounty Hunting is a Complicated Profession... Wouldn't you agree?
Game Mastering is a Complicated Profession... Wouldn't you agree?
Count Dooku: Your swords, please. We don't want to make a mess of things in front of the Chancellor.
CRMcNeill
Director of Engineering
Director of Engineering

Location: Redding System, California Sector, on the I-5 Hyperspace Route.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 16, 2023 11:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That Hull value is… suspiciously high. That gives it over 3x the armor rating of an X-Wing.

The CRMcNeill Stat/Rule Index
Whill
Dark Lord of the Jedi (Owner/Admin)

Location: Columbus, Ohio, USA, Earth, The Solar System, The Milky Way Galaxy

PostPosted: Tue Jan 17, 2023 12:22 am    Post subject: Re: //wip// Sienar SH-19a L.A.P.C Reply with quote

Inquisitor1138 wrote:
[img]https://scontent.fagc3-2.fna.fbcdn.net/v/t39.30808-6/300195006_10160215105028624_4151020839486555339_n.png?_nc_cat=108&ccb=1-7&_nc_sid=730e14&_nc_ohc=GtW_KxEfQM0AX-mNRz6&_nc_ht=scontent.fagc3-2.fna&oh=00_AfAEP0mlBHPWLQbeb1X2J9Ht6upmxVhW6LFggzM-neO0Vw&oe=63CB8BCD[/img]

The top image link that didn't render looks like it is from Fb. Unfortunately Fb makes it extremely difficult to share Fb images outside of Fb. I found that when you can get an image URL to work, they eventually change the image's URL so it stops working at some point.

The bottom URL just takes me to a log-in page for that site, so I guess you have to have an account and also be logged in to see whatever it is you shared.
Registration/Log-In Help
The Rancor Pit Library
Star Wars D6 Damage
KageRyu
Commodore
Commodore

PostPosted: Tue Jan 17, 2023 12:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I feel either Formula being used to determine Hull pips and shields is extremely flawed for conversion to D6 or the initial stats used are inaccurate or not from the same game the formula was designed for. 13D for a 2 man atmospheric craft is extremely excessive, making it more durable than smaller capital ships . A better method would be to figure a baseline for 1D hull by comparing craft that exist in both and figuring from there- but even this will be problematic as WEG stats for craft will not match up with any of the X-wing video games in any area.

As a general rule in D6 that is unwritten, each 1D improvement is almost double the value of the previous D. That is to say, a 4D blaster is twice as powerful as 3D. While this was never spelled out in those terms in Star Wars D6 books, there were clues here and there. I was also told this directly when I was working toward a purchased license for d6 development (it was either in the style guides or system notes I had been provided, currently MIA with other material).
Inquisitor1138
Captain
Captain

PostPosted: Tue Jan 17, 2023 2:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

CRMcNeill wrote:
That Hull value is… suspiciously high. That gives it over 3x the armor rating of an X-Wing.

That is something i'll have to think about... I'll ask Fury about it, since he wrote up the XWA stats for it. The shields also seem a bit high, as the artist described it as minimally shielded.

Whill wrote:
Inquisitor1138 wrote:

The top image link that didn't render looks like it is from Fb. Unfortunately Fb makes it extremely difficult to share Fb images outside of Fb. I found that when you can get an image URL to work, they eventually change the image's URL so it stops working at some point.

The bottom URL just takes me to a log-in page for that site, so I guess you have to have an account and also be logged in to see whatever it is you shared.

I figured as much. I'll have to upload it to enjin, but i proofed it in IE (one of the things the old girl is still good for), and it's 698 pixels x 600.
To use the imperial Center Store one needs an account yes. I included it for completeness. Who knows, maybe a group of us here might partner with ICS (which is used by multiple SW RP groups).

KageRyu wrote:
I feel either Formula being used to determine Hull pips and shields is extremely flawed for conversion to D6 or the initial stats used are inaccurate or not from the same game the formula was designed for. 13D for a 2 man atmospheric craft is extremely excessive, making it more durable than smaller capital ships . A better method would be to figure a baseline for 1D hull by comparing craft that exist in both and figuring from there- but even this will be problematic as WEG stats for craft will not match up with any of the X-wing video games in any area.

As a general rule in D6 that is unwritten, each 1D improvement is almost double the value of the previous D. That is to say, a 4D blaster is twice as powerful as 3D. While this was never spelled out in those terms in Star Wars D6 books, there were clues here and there. I was also told this directly when I was working toward a purchased license for d6 development (it was either in the style guides or system notes I had been provided, currently MIA with other material).

I believe CRMcNeill's conversions are sound, but those stat terms have since been used willy-nilly by professional writers & fans ever since. So i will inquire as to Fury's intent & likely revise my plans accordingly.
Bounty Hunting is a Complicated Profession... Wouldn't you agree?
Game Mastering is a Complicated Profession... Wouldn't you agree?
Count Dooku: Your swords, please. We don't want to make a mess of things in front of the Chancellor.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Ships, Vehicles, Equipment, and Tech All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: