The Rancor Pit Forum Index
Welcome to The Rancor Pit forums!

The Rancor Pit Forum Index
FAQ   ::   Search   ::   Memberlist   ::   Usergroups   ::   Register   ::   Profile   ::   Log in to check your private messages   ::   Log in

How do you use astromech's and their limited jumps feature
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Characters, Droids, and Species -> How do you use astromech's and their limited jumps feature Goto page Previous  1, 2
View previous topic :: View next topic  
pakman
Commander
Commander

PostPosted: Thu May 11, 2023 1:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

garhkal wrote:
Isn't that backwards. Nav coms ARE the ones making astrogation computations. Astromechs are the ones who store pre-plotted jumps.

Yes.

A nav computer no more makes an skill roll than a blaster, a medpac or a plasma cutter - but they are necessary for the skill the player uses.

Again, I refer to the GPS analogy for a nav computer - it has data on obstacles and objects over time for specific areas (i.e. routes) - the data for faster routes is better and more accurate.

Unknown routes are the equivalent to areas the gps has no clue about - so the route might be very dangerous....

Plotting a jump is saying "I am here at this facing this direction and want to this other place" and maybe a few other things (short cuts, etc.) - that is the skill - putting in the details. Then google maps prints out the route...I mean...the nav computer feeds the data to the hyper drive - or your astromech.

Which can only hold so much.

But that is my take on it.

Use what ever works for your group of players.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Characters, Droids, and Species All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: