The Rancor Pit Forum Index
Welcome to The Rancor Pit forums!

The Rancor Pit Forum Index
FAQ   ::   Search   ::   Memberlist   ::   Usergroups   ::   Register   ::   Profile   ::   Log in to check your private messages   ::   Log in

Game Kit Synergy
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Miscellanea -> Game Kit Synergy
View previous topic :: View next topic  
raithyn
Ensign
Ensign

PostPosted: Tue Apr 30, 2024 11:10 am    Post subject: Game Kit Synergy Reply with quote

I haven't gotten to run many games for a few months due to a life event but I had a chance to host a one shot last night as part of a trip. I didn't know what miss the players would be in and which of my games would fit best. While packing, I realized that Star Wars D6 and Paranoia use the same dice (a couple sets of ~8 D6s with one identifiable die) so I only had to add character sheets and a couple reference pages for myself to have both games. The two feel so different that I can cover almost any mood with them. (We played Paranoia on "Zap!" mode. It was that kind of night.)

Are there any other similar synergies for games in your collection? Do you pack multiple games for situations like this? If so, how do you choose which games to pair?
pakman
Commander
Commander

PostPosted: Tue Apr 30, 2024 1:40 pm    Post subject: Re: Game Kit Synergy Reply with quote

raithyn wrote:
I haven't gotten to run many games for a few months due to a life event but I had a chance to host a one shot last night as part of a trip. I didn't know what miss the players would be in and which of my games would fit best. While packing, I realized that Star Wars D6 and Paranoia use the same dice (a couple sets of ~8 D6s with one identifiable die) so I only had to add character sheets and a couple reference pages for myself to have both games. The two feel so different that I can cover almost any mood with them. (We played Paranoia on "Zap!" mode. It was that kind of night.)

Are there any other similar synergies for games in your collection? Do you pack multiple games for situations like this? If so, how do you choose which games to pair?

How interesting.

I typically only run RPG games as part of campaigns - so preplanning etc. takes place and have dedicated sets etc.

Some accessories are theme based - so if I did do either star wars of paranoia - I might have a set of generic sci-fic maps or minis or what not.

Typically - I don't have a lot of overlap in other games - most board games are self contained etc.

The only other overlap might be wargaming - such as 40k, where I have multiple armies - but have a "generic" case with rules, rulers and dice.

Other than that - not a lot of overlap with star wars d6 and my other games.

Still interesting to hear your story.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Miscellanea All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: