The Rancor Pit Forum Index
Welcome to The Rancor Pit forums!

The Rancor Pit Forum Index
FAQ   ::   Search   ::   Memberlist   ::   Usergroups   ::   Register   ::   Profile   ::   Log in to check your private messages   ::   Log in

Element of Fire - OOC
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Element of Fire - Hellcat -> Element of Fire - OOC Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 237, 238, 239  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Hellcat
Grand Moff
Grand Moff

PostPosted: Mon Sep 26, 2005 12:24 am    Post subject: Element of Fire - OOC Reply with quote

Ok, getting things set up for the start of this adventure. So I might as well go back over some of what was said in the recruitment thread concerning how this is going to work. To quote myself:

Hellcat wrote:
................... Element of Fire is going to be set around 3,996 BBY during the Great Sith War. If you've got the Tales of the Jedi Companion, take a look at the skills listed on it. A lot of the skills on one of the templates for the Galactic Civil War and New Republic eras will no doubt still be working during the TotJ era, but there will be a few differences. Like you don't have blaster, blaster repair, and jet pack operation as skills available. But you could replace the blaster skill with the pulse-wave weapons skill. Also, don't think about most of the weapons, equipment, and even droids offered for the regular eras of play. What mean is don't use them even if you use them. Things are a little more archaic so if you wanted to take like a DL-44 heavy blaster pistol, don't call it a DL-44 heavy blaster cause it will be thousands of years before it's first manufactured. Rather, call it something like a PT-111 heavy pulse-wave pistol and give it the same stats. I'm not saying not to use them, just to rename. Jet packs are about the only thing I'd say to forget, but rocket packs do exsist. Again, if you have it, take a look at the Tales of the Jedi Companion and see what's in there.

......................................................................................................

As Jamfke is doing, I'll try rolling folks dice for them using the dice roller the Rancor Pit provides. Players call what they plan on doing and if they will need to use a CP or a FP for that skill. Like Jamfke, if I see the character would succeed without using a CP or an FP, I'll tell you if they used them or not.

Besides that, there are a few other things. First, I'd like to reiterate that if you want to use a character point or a Force point, try calling it when you call your actions. You could do so after, but it's easier if you do so when you call your actions. Second, when speaking out of character in the IC thread, say OCC before you do so. You don't have to do so in order to call your actions. But if your asking if your character succeeded at something, then thats out of character. Finally, try keeping most OCC material in this thread. I realize that there will be such material in the IC thread, but if your just posting OCC material without any IC material, try keeping it in here.

Wanted Poster

Last edited by Hellcat on Wed Sep 12, 2007 12:38 am; edited 1 time in total
Trusty
Commander
Commander

PostPosted: Tue Sep 27, 2005 12:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is the DB-84 Raptor Rosk's personal ship, or is it a ship provided by the Jedi Council? And is it a reletively new ship...or has it been around a while?
Hellcat
Grand Moff
Grand Moff

PostPosted: Tue Sep 27, 2005 12:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's being provided by the Republic Security Force, actually. The Raptor is a brand new class of ship, the B2 variant being something of a heavily armed police cruiser mixed with a prison ship. However, it's still experimental.

Wanted Poster
Trusty
Commander
Commander

PostPosted: Tue Sep 27, 2005 12:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hellcat wrote:
However, it's still experimental.

By experimental, you mean prone to mishaps? Very Happy Wink
Hellcat
Grand Moff
Grand Moff

PostPosted: Tue Sep 27, 2005 12:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You never know Razz

Wanted Poster
Trusty
Commander
Commander

PostPosted: Tue Sep 27, 2005 12:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hellcat wrote:
You never know Razz

Fun, fun. Laughing
Hellcat
Grand Moff
Grand Moff

PostPosted: Tue Sep 27, 2005 12:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Getting back to a question Jamfke asked earlier in the IC thread, I don't actually have proff Master Bnar was on Ossus at this time. I do know that he was there when Kun and Ulic lead the attack on the planet later in the war. As he was among the oldest at this time I would assume that he was on Ossus rather than having a training center somewhere else in the galaxy.

Wanted Poster
Trusty
Commander
Commander

PostPosted: Tue Sep 27, 2005 1:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hellcat wrote:
Getting back to a question Jamfke asked earlier in the IC thread, I don't actually have proff Master Bnar was on Ossus at this time. I do know that he was there when Kun and Ulic lead the attack on the planet later in the war. As he was among the oldest at this time I would assume that he was on Ossus rather than having a training center somewhere else in the galaxy.

Assuming Bnar is here, and he is a bit of the recluse, does he have a residence, or a ship he was on or own at the spaceport that Be'aal might be able to hack into some computers and see if there are logs or journal entries?
Hellcat
Grand Moff
Grand Moff

PostPosted: Tue Sep 27, 2005 1:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wouldn't say is a recluse, actually. Brokket'iri merely said he has not been talking on the subject of the Great Hyperspace War. He was probably pretty good friends with Odan-Urr and so he's missing him since he died. Plus several other Masters he probably knew well would have died on Deneba during the Krath's attack on the Jedi Convocation the year before. One of those things where loosing friends would be likely to cause someone to remember the old days. His home is probably closer to the Great library.

Wanted Poster
Trusty
Commander
Commander

PostPosted: Tue Sep 27, 2005 1:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hellcat wrote:
His home is probably closer to the Great library.

Recluse or no, we do know he doesn't speak on the subject...and not to the Master who assigned us on a mission that he has info someabout...So I am guessing for plot he'll open up to Syllri for whatever reason, but even if he does; was that a yes that Be'aal can go snooping around?
Hellcat
Grand Moff
Grand Moff

PostPosted: Tue Sep 27, 2005 1:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

He can try, but he'd have to look through books and scrolls most likely. And remember he'd be snooping through a Jedi's personal things. They may get upset if they catch him or at this time they may open up so as to teach him a lesson about asking them and showing a little trust.

Wanted Poster
Trusty
Commander
Commander

PostPosted: Tue Sep 27, 2005 1:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hellcat wrote:
He can try, but he'd have to look through books and scrolls most likely. And remember he'd be snooping through a Jedi's personal things. They may get upset if they catch him or at this time they may open up so as to teach him a lesson about asking them and showing a little trust.

Well, I won't bother if he talks...but if he doesn't... Wink
Hellcat
Grand Moff
Grand Moff

PostPosted: Tue Sep 27, 2005 1:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If he doesn't you're going to have to travel back to the area around the Great Libarary. Of course I am giving you guys a day to get prepared so that shouldn't be a problem.

Wanted Poster
Trusty
Commander
Commander

PostPosted: Tue Sep 27, 2005 1:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hellcat wrote:
If he doesn't you're going to have to travel back to the area around the Great Libarary. Of course I am giving you guys a day to get prepared so that shouldn't be a problem.

Well, maybe at the spaceport, the Captain will give us some sort of fast personal vehicle transport of some kind to use for the mission. Very Happy
Jamfke
Admiral
Admiral

PostPosted: Tue Sep 27, 2005 2:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

We awaits impatiently...for her response that is.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Element of Fire - Hellcat All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 237, 238, 239  Next
Page 1 of 239

Jump to: