The Rancor Pit Forum Index
Welcome to The Rancor Pit forums!

The Rancor Pit Forum Index
FAQ   ::   Search   ::   Memberlist   ::   Usergroups   ::   Register   ::   Profile   ::   Log in to check your private messages   ::   Log in

Element of Fire - OOC
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Element of Fire - Hellcat -> Element of Fire - OOC Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 236, 237, 238, 239  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
vong
Jedi

PostPosted: Mon Jul 07, 2014 9:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have dinged him Smile

I am on Vacation so not on IRC as much lately - Will be back home in a week so dont worry if I am slow in posting Razz

PM me if you want user created content uploaded to my site: http://databank.yvong.com/index.php
Hellcat
Grand Moff
Grand Moff

PostPosted: Wed Jul 09, 2014 12:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok, you guys want me to wait until Vong gets back from his vacation or go ahead and get started in IC? The way things are right now it probably won't matter if he's slow in posting given I'm slow in posting these days and I'm not on vacation.

Wanted Poster
Esoomian
High Admiral
High Admiral

PostPosted: Wed Jul 09, 2014 2:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

As he's in a different location it probably doesn't matter if we get a little ahead. I vote start now and it should all work out in the end.

Simply stand closer to the object you wish to view.
Hellcat
Grand Moff
Grand Moff

PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2014 10:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Been waiting to hear from Skyler on the go or wait for Vong. But at this point it's been a week since Vong posted about his vacation so I'll just go ahead and see about getting things moving again.

Wanted Poster
Jedi Skyler
Moff
Moff

PostPosted: Tue Jul 15, 2014 10:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry for the delay guys. Internet is down at the house again. I'll get a post up soon.
vong
Jedi

PostPosted: Tue Jul 15, 2014 5:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

im back now!

PM me if you want user created content uploaded to my site: http://databank.yvong.com/index.php
Hellcat
Grand Moff
Grand Moff

PostPosted: Tue Jul 15, 2014 10:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just got a shocker, I just found a R2 animation I did days before I joined the Pit. Seventeen seconds long, done as if it's Industrial Automations advertising "the all new Industrial automations R2 series astromech!" Doesn't actually say that, but you get the general idea. May have to load it up on YouTube or Flicker sometime and let folks see it just for a laugh at how bad it is. Seventeen seconds seemed like a long time when I looked at the time code on the file, then I saw the video and asked myself why I didn't make it longer cause you can't read the text it flies by so quickly. Almost as bad a the fine print on real commercials, so small you practically need a microscope to read that.

Wanted Poster
Esoomian
High Admiral
High Admiral

PostPosted: Tue Jul 15, 2014 10:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Do the co-ordinates listed in the last post mean anything to the KAWD and the group?

Obviously they don't if we have no idea of our own co-ordinates but perhaps something on the dashboard has an automap or something.

I guess what I'm asking is how difficult is it for us to go towards or away from the crash site.

Hellcat
Grand Moff
Grand Moff

PostPosted: Wed Jul 16, 2014 12:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well that's not exactly true that the coordinates are meaningless to you, their just not that meaningful to you without looking at a map. What they mean for you is that you know where a Viper-class airspeeder was reported having been downed near shaft 507-A1-12. And you know from the conversation that Torp was said to be assigned to a Viper-class airspeeder so that may be him. Or it ma not be. So you know you may either want to stay away from somewhere north and west of the shaft or go investigate. Of course investigation may be more troubling for you since your vehicle is full of wanted criminals, plus the constable who you don't know if she's being treated as a criminal or not. Of course at the same time you have the question of will the cops still be there when you get there and if not will they have taken everything making an investigation pointless.

But the big thing is the vehicle your in has been modified from it's former form. The guy you got it from did say an upworlder had dumped the limo in the Lower City after it broke down and he'd found it, fixed it, and modded it into a delivery van with what little cash he had, and most likely what he could scrounge up more than pay for. What you've seen inside looks more as little frills as possible and something like an automap would be more like frills. About the only frill has been the emergency transceiver that's tuned to TCA channels. Reylan and Arek are in an actual delivery speeder truck and they don't have anything more than a flimsi map. So you'd have to see if you got such a map and t most likely won't have the coordinates listed on it.

Wanted Poster
Esoomian
High Admiral
High Admiral

PostPosted: Wed Jul 16, 2014 12:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fair enough then. Probably worth just heading in the direction we're going.

Hellcat
Grand Moff
Grand Moff

PostPosted: Tue Jul 22, 2014 5:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

vong wrote:
ooc: Not really sure if there is a power for this, but Danger Sense to try to determine if he will activate the saber and remove it from him just prior to doing it. Probably pushing the power's limits of its function but I dont want to just rip it out of his hand now.

I had forgotten that his first master died, and thought that Syllri was his master! OOC Whoops!

I'll have to look over the description of the power a few times, but right now I'm of the opinion that it may not be pushing the limits. Can come up with three reasons why I don't think it's pushing it too much

1. You've certainly got more people around, especially humans, who would notice a lightsaber suddenly being ignited and possibly report you.

2. Bigger TCA presence. They pretty much let the criminals run the Lower City for the most part, their big interest down there is to keep the rakghoul from moving up from the Undercity. They'd only really step in to enforce the law if things really threatened to spill over into the Middle City or maybe seriously threatened any industry in the Lower City that the upper two districts/areas/zones. But as Bastilda explained in my recent post, think of the Middle City as more of the business district for the planet. So with more patrols and the team being seen as Sith agents (well, Arek so far isn't, but then the TCA doesn't know of him yet), if a passing TCA patrol spots an activated lightsaber you could be in serious danger there.

3. Right now Arek is searching for something and is obviously getting ready to cut things with his lightsaber. That right there could be an immediate danger for both Reylan and Arek. Arek's agitated, not really thinking clearly. So he might cut something that could cause an explosion. Or cause Reylan to loose control of the vehicle once it's moving again. Or even cause electric arcing and maybe a fire that could injure or kill one or both of the Jedi.

I'll roll your OOC once everyone's posted. But seeing what's up so far I had to post this. Keep in mind Arek's agitation got you once before. However, it may be easier to raise Danger Sense than Life Sense even with his agitation as you don't have all the modifiers against you.

Wanted Poster
vong
Jedi

PostPosted: Wed Jul 23, 2014 8:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sounds good to me. I can argue against you, but I like your definition better.

The question is does Danger Sense warn of future danger, or immidate danger.

But Ill go with you Smile

Hellcat
Grand Moff
Grand Moff

PostPosted: Thu Jul 24, 2014 2:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well looking at the power it says that in game terms an attack must be mentioned a round before it's carried out. However, it's also described as an early warning system alerting the Jedi to danger so they can decide how to react. So I think certainly my second and third points have the possibility of a more immediate threat within both than my third point. Second point I brought up the possibility of a passing TCA patrol spotting Arek igniting his lightsaber. Maybe they don't open fire on you right away, but their certainly likely to start chasing you while they call in for backup. And the third point could very easily be the next round the vehicle explodes or arcs of electricity fill the cab injuring or killing one or both of you.

And now Quin-Tain has seen Arek and Reylan and Reylan has just seen the rest of the team. Now to find Syllri and Ailyn and get off planet in one piece Razz

Wanted Poster
Hellcat
Grand Moff
Grand Moff

PostPosted: Fri Jul 25, 2014 12:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Esoomian wrote:

OOC: Is the frequency of the emergency channel listed somewhere on the console? Can the KAWD and Ali tune their internal comlinks to this frequency?

I'm looking at real world radio scanners on this one, trying to decide if they do show the frequency or not. My thoughts are that most of them should show either the frequency or the channel. But I found one that looks like it's displaying a phone number. What I'm reading is that their designed to automatically scan discrete frequencies, stop on one when they an active, then start searching all over again once the signal stops. So I'm thinking from reading that maybe they do show frequency though maybe not channel. It almost sounds like the signal frequency might change between signals, though I can't say yes or no on that. There's also something about them being able to decrypt encrypted signals which is apparently illegal her in the US but sounds like it's legal in Canada, Europe, and Australia.

On Ali and KAWD I'm gonna turn to the core rule book's rules pertaining to the difficulties involved in the Communications skill and say it's a Difficult skill check though maybe having the frequency would allow for either lowering the difficulty to Moderate or adding a modifier of maybe +3 to +5 to increase chances of success. The scanner is more dedicated to just picking up signals, it's not always picking them up.

Wanted Poster
Esoomian
High Admiral
High Admiral

PostPosted: Fri Jul 25, 2014 2:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Seems like a fair call but given what is happening to the KAWD I'd assume it can't dedicate the concentration it needs to a task like that right now.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Element of Fire - Hellcat All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 236, 237, 238, 239  Next
Page 237 of 239

Jump to: