The Rancor Pit Forum Index
Welcome to The Rancor Pit forums!

The Rancor Pit Forum Index
FAQ   ::   Search   ::   Memberlist   ::   Usergroups   ::   Register   ::   Profile   ::   Log in to check your private messages   ::   Log in

Element of Fire - OOC
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Element of Fire - Hellcat -> Element of Fire - OOC Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 237, 238, 239
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Esoomian
High Admiral
High Admiral

PostPosted: Tue Aug 05, 2014 10:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well that would probably mean heavy carbon scoring on the hand the grabbed the wire and the foot where the charge left the KAWD's system.

Unless the nanite repair actually used the carbon particles as part of the repair the KAWD probably has one black hand which would be fairly distinctive.

Oh and the cylanders thing reminds me. Did we ever take care of Roth's radiation poisoning? We needed to do a blood transfusion as I recall.

Simply stand closer to the object you wish to view.
Hellcat
Grand Moff
Grand Moff

PostPosted: Tue Aug 05, 2014 10:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've been thinking on that myself. Actually been thinking about it for the past few days. I'd really have to go through everything but I've been thinking that about the biggest thing was Syllri doing something to put it in check or Roth mediatated on the Force to keep it in check otherwise nothing was done. But then again, that might have also been the cause of my little blood chart. At anyrate, things have gone without Roth suffering the effects for so long now that I'm not sure it would be fair to say "Oh yeah, haven't been saying this but Roth is still suffering the effects." At the same time without looking it up and saying Roth was indeed cured I'm not sure that it can't be said he couldn't feel the effects again at some point. Again, would have to look it up to see exactly what happened.

Wanted Poster
Esoomian
High Admiral
High Admiral

PostPosted: Tue Aug 05, 2014 11:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm think I remember Syllri doing something that either supressed or masked the effects so that Roth would be able to function normally but it wouldn't actually cure him and if he didn't seek an actual solution he could have significant trouble down the line.

I'm fairly certain that a blood transfusion was one of the ways we could fix the issue for good and the KAWD offered to take apart a med-aid to peform one (which is why we got the blood chart) but the group dismissed the idea given the un-sterile surroundings and the likelyhood we'd need all our med-aids later. Plus we'd be diminishing the capacity of whoever gave blood as I think Roth needed a significant amount to cure him.

I had assumed that Roth would be fine as long as it didn't take us days to get back to the Raptor's med bay although he might be a little bit sterile from the radiation Razz

Hellcat
Grand Moff
Grand Moff

PostPosted: Wed Aug 06, 2014 12:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok, doing the digging First I pulled this up from here in the OOC thread, dated 9/19/2011

Hellcat wrote:
Good news and bad news for Skyler. Thanks to Essomian I went back and checked things so the original roll doesn't count and has been edited. So Roth does not suffer any further effects of radiation poisoning, but he is still suffering what's already there and will need to get treatment. As Roth is able to hold it at bay no bouts of throwing up and no penalties.

The bad news is that Roth spent more CPs than in the original post. 6CPs spent instead of four.

That's on page 194. Then there's this post from the IC, originally posted the day before and edited on the 19th:

Hellcat wrote:
KAWD

The KAWD examines Roth a little further. It determines he is highly radioactively contaminated. Treatment is a complete submersion in bacta for four days or a two hour complete submersion in kolto followed by two weeks of antibiotic broadly active against gram-negative aerobic bacteria. Without the kolto it will take at least a month of the antibiotics and a series of blood transfussions. Unfortunately medaids don't carry that. The bacta submersion would actually be the more expensive route.

Roth

"Radiation poisoning is a bit of a misnomer," Syllri says. "Accute radiation syndrome is also known as radiation sickness. It may be both a poison and a non-transmittable disease. You may be able to eject the poison but still suffer the health effects without treatment."

Roth calls on the Force, thinking to purge his system. He sits there for several minutes, finally feeling as if he has things in check..

Quin-Tain

"We have to find amulets and keep them out of the hands of the Sith and their Krath allies," Giric says. "The holocron said they were the Kaba and the Nemanhk. It said the Kaba is some kind of medallion which allows it's user to create an illusionary army which may affect those who stand before it mentally. Something about you believe the effects to be real wounds until they wear off, so if you think you're dead you lay there unconcious until the effects wear off. The Nemanhk according to what the holocron told us has the ability to make the illusions real, thus the effects then become physical. An army that always obeys the will of the wearer and who's numbers are infinite.

The holocron did say the Kaba was supposed to be on the world of the Muza, but the Nemanhk they do not know as they were following clues left by their fellow Jedi to find it. There was something said about destroying the two, but I don't remember what it was exactly. He did speak in the language of the Ancients of my people, perhaps he said in that how to destroy the amulets"

Daevon

Daevon hears Giric mention the Kaba and the Nemanhk. He remembers traveling to Muzara. The team, the original team, had traveled to Muzara only to discover the Sith and Krath had already found the Kaba. But they are still looking for the Nemanhk as far as he knows.

(OOC: Roth got a 1 on the WD with his 4th CP in use. He is now suffering a low grade fever, which is -1D to stealth attemps to hide from heat sensors, and dizziness, which is -1D to Dexterity and Mechanical and related skills. 4 CPs used and still suffering radiation contamination

EDIT: SEE OOC THREAD)

So Roth according to the OOC post Roth has things under control but will need treatment.

Wanted Poster
Esoomian
High Admiral
High Admiral

PostPosted: Wed Aug 06, 2014 2:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well that is good but we don't actually have a bacta or kolto tank on the Raptor so unless we want to book him into a medical facility and wait that would mean we'd need to do the blood transfusions while we're in hyperspace?

Hellcat
Grand Moff
Grand Moff

PostPosted: Sat Aug 09, 2014 12:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That or purchase a bacta or kolto tank and load it onto the Raptor. Considering you're kinda wanted at the moment purchasing a tank is a bit risky.

You do know what kind of medical facilities you have on the Raptor, can't be certain of having those on another ship.

Wanted Poster
Esoomian
High Admiral
High Admiral

PostPosted: Sat Aug 09, 2014 2:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Do we even have the sort of money needed to purchase a tank and get it installed?

Hellcat
Grand Moff
Grand Moff

PostPosted: Thu Aug 14, 2014 5:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Trying to make the clues stand out a little more in the miscellaneous thread. Also working to change the Ancient Yegoglarian from what I started out using to what it's become. Originally Yegoglaran and Ancient Yegoglarian didn't exist and I was using a Vigenere square to create the Amcient Yegoglarian. Then I started coming up with the modern Yegoglaran language and a simple means of converting into Ancient Yegoglarian and am in the middle of converting from Vigenere cipher to Ancient Yegoglarian. So far two of the clues have been converted, one is up to be converted.

Wanted Poster
Esoomian
High Admiral
High Admiral

PostPosted: Tue Aug 26, 2014 10:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hellcat wrote:
KAWD

"You sure they are trying to track you?" Giric asks.

"If unit KAWD get's as far away from team as possible who will protect unit KAWD from other Krath Advanced War Droids if Krath Advanced War Droids are hunting unit KAWD?"
Ali asks via a microburst.

If the KAWD shut down it's internal comlink can it still get the microbursts?

The KAWD has run diagnostics in the past. Is it aware of any way that it could track or be tracked other than through the comlink?

Hellcat
Grand Moff
Grand Moff

PostPosted: Wed Aug 27, 2014 12:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just went over the droid microburst skill in the New Skills and Force Powers thread. It states:

Quote:
Only one droid need to roll the skill to activate the microburst. However, the distances involved are determined by all droids involved. If only one droid has an internal comlink, then all distances are treated as if no droids have internal comlinks.

That's the last paragraph on the skill and the last sentence is the important one. With the KAWD's internal comlink shut off it's basically the same as a droid with no internal comlink. The skill was set up for droids with or without internal comlinks to communicate non-verbally. The three key differences are the distances over which they can communicate via a micro burst, the difficulties, and droid's with an internal comlink get a +1D bonus at Moderate through Heroic difficulties. With the KAWD's internal comlink shut off, your ranges and difficulties are as listed in the skill and you get no bonus.

On your second question, you have never detected any internal tracking device. The other KAWD said they were going to use triangulation to the location of your allies and terminate them. Then they were going to hunt you and your other allies down and lay waste to the Jedi in the group.

Wanted Poster
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Element of Fire - Hellcat All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 237, 238, 239
Page 239 of 239

Jump to: