The Rancor Pit Forum Index
Welcome to The Rancor Pit forums!

The Rancor Pit Forum Index
FAQ   ::   Search   ::   Memberlist   ::   Usergroups   ::   Register   ::   Profile   ::   Log in to check your private messages   ::   Log in

Knights of the old republic.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Adventures and Campaigns -> Knights of the old republic.
View previous topic :: View next topic  
garbage
Cadet
Cadet

PostPosted: Tue Oct 04, 2005 8:36 am    Post subject: Knights of the old republic. Reply with quote

Okey, since im havent posted to much here yet, i thought maybe it was time to repay som of the good ideas that i have gotten from this forum. Sorry for misspelling in my text.

Well, since i read the old republic comics and played kotor i thought it would be fun to Game master a campaign in that era.

First of was making a group. I usualy keep a low number of players, so i gathered 2 of my brothers and a friend of ours. Our group consist of a battle master, shadow and a (damn, cant remember the name of the class that finds new jedi`s) And there is another reason i want the group to be small and thats because they get to powerful together.

The topic say everything: Knights of the old republic.

The group will start of as jedi padawans on a jedi academy on a backwater planet. Where they are in the age of 14-16 y\o.
They got greater skills than other students at the same age.
There is an all out war between the republic and mandalore.
(allthoug, i dont follow the story line of the comics etc) I kind of make my own story, but based on the mandalore war. Told the players, that they shouldn worry to much if it didnt fit with the comic story Wink .

First of i try to tell them the background story, of what is going on in the galaxy and what the story of the character is. I tell them about the planet, and how things work on the planet.

My story: The galaxy is in an all out war with the mandalorian army, the fighting has been fierce and both sides has had great casualties. People and aliens from all over the galaxy has been driven to seek refuge other places where the fighting hasnt reached yet. Lately the jedi academy has been used as a ressuply station for the republic, where wounded can get medical attention and ships can get refuled and get minor repairs.
The planet you live on, is a really smal planet, there is 2 "big" citys here, with aprox totaly 1-2000 people. There is a small spaceport in one of the citys, that contain max 2 ships. The locals are mainly farmers and hunters. They like the simple life (NO, not the tv show with Paris Hilton).
They have comed to an agreedment that the jedi academy`s padawans and knight are the comanding force (Police) that fix quarrels betweent the locals and investegate anything suspicios.
There has been rumors lately that the war has reached nearby systems, and people are a bit egdy.

First session:

Well, the first session is really to let the players get in to their character. Let them get som minor task like: Stop bar fights (hopefully the peaceful way, and if not. Let the Jedi masters guide them to a more peaceful solution next time). Solve a "love kidnapping", "birth of a childe" etc etc just some minor stuff. In this session its important to use the locals, let them ask questions: "is the war coming here? "you have to know, your jedi right?". I found it really important to let the characters get some kind of "personal" comitment to the local population.

Second Session: You can of course mix these together if you have the time.

Story: Let it have passed a couple of weeks since last time, give the characters maybe 1 xp as a "freebie" because of hard training.

Its clear for the group, the war is closing in.
Resently reports from jedi meetings says that there is attacks from smaller mandalore warships on a neighbour systems. Some republic troops have been on the jedi academy. Its clearly that this planet have become a part of the republic supply line. Typical fighters have been spotted on the skyline. The jedi master seems more tense than usual.
The Comanding officer of the security staff has doubled the guard (also the group are one of these.)

Things to do:

Let the group be on some patroll at night time, in the wilderness or in one of the cityies.

Over the walkie talkies let them here some kind of conversation from some spacepatroling fighters: "Charlie group, no contact", "Delta group, all okei baby" "x-ray, reporting nooooo contact.....hey what the fcuk. eeeeh comandcenter, something just came out of hyperspace maybe 4 kliks from our location" Comandcenter: "roger that x-ray 1, plz confirm your location" x-ray 1: Our location is 145-24, we are moving in to check it out" CC: "roger that x-ray 1"

After a couple of minutes, the group will here on the com: "X-ray group confirmed contact, i repeat confirmed contact, 2 pirate fighters have enterede the system, heading down below". More chattering will comence on the radio, some screams and flash for the skies! They will see that some thing come falling and burning in the horrison, hitting the ground like a far away thunder storm. This is where the comunication will get scrambled.

If this is something you guys want to hear more of, plz tell me.
Cause im going home from work now, and can continue on thursday Wink
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Adventures and Campaigns All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: